Youth players you would like to see near the first team

Started by valdeingruo, May 31, 2013, 06:38:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LukeJennings

Twitter; @lukealele

My YouTube channel - http://m.youtube.com/user/LukeJennings9

Please subscribe!

MJG

I think some of you are jumping the group of u21's to the u18's a season or two too quickly.
We still have Frei/Burn and Trotta who out of the young players who can step up.
Some of the u21's from the last couple of seasons have not pushed on enough to make the match day 18.
Out of the u18's Passley and Woodrow havethe best chance of stepping up for an apperance next season, but I doubt Jolly will do that and they will be loaned to a BSP team or lge 2.

epsomraver

Quote from: SaltfordWhite on June 02, 2013, 10:59:33 AM
Quote from: epsomraver on June 01, 2013, 11:15:33 AM
Quote from: SaltfordWhite on June 01, 2013, 09:30:07 AM
Quote from: epsomraver on May 31, 2013, 09:08:03 PM
Quote from: SaltfordWhite on May 31, 2013, 07:36:10 AM
From what I have seen absolutely none of them are good enough yet. 
So how many u21 games do you get to then?

That's somewhat irrelevant as I thought that we were talking about under 18's.

It says youth players in the title, again how many u18 games do you get to? I ask as it is very hard to get access and do you have a way of seeing all the games to make such a sweeping statement?

You are quite the aggressive little man, aren't you?.

So firstly, you are now asking a different question to your original one but it is one that I am happy to answer as you are so desperate to know.  And secondly, I hardly see talking about 12 or 13 footballers a sweeping generalisation.  It was a direct response to the question originally asked.

Anyway, how many under 18 games have I seen?  Like most of us, very few and I am happy to admit that I gather my thoughts from the internet and watch what I can whenever it is available. Which is why I started my post with the words 'from what I have seen'.  I also ended my post with the word 'yet' because 'from what I have seen' there is some cracking talent there, but I wouldn't say that any of them are ready yet.

If I hadn't seen a ball kicked by any of them I think that it would still be a reasonable assumption to make when you consider that Burn is light years ahead of these guys and is still not even proven at Championship level.

I would love to see Woodrow make it, there is something about him for sure but up against the likes of Rio Ferdinand or Vincent Kompany right now? He wouldn't stand a chance.

So I trust that answers your queries, but do get back to me if you have any more. In the meantime, I ask of you - what did I say that caused you so much upset? All I did was answer the original question.

First of all I am not a little man! You made a very sweeping statement saying that none of our youth are good enough based on what you have seen, I asked you a simple question, how many youth games have you seen?  It turns out none at all, just on the net. If you went to Motspur park and watched the "youth teams" then perhaps you would be in a better position to put down the whole of the Fulham youth teams.

Burt

Keep calm, good gentle-folk. The season has long gone and it looks like the summer has arrived too.

SaltfordWhite

Eh?!

I wasn't putting anybody or any side down. Simply answering a question on a thread, with the relevant caveats as I think everybody else on this thread has too.

Take a chill pill, Raver.

David Allen Crankshaw

Bobby2012

Quote from: L-Wizzy on May 31, 2013, 08:10:16 PM
David will make it through,he is a very good player, reminds me of a younger sneijder

Kerim Frei, Chris David and Jack Grimmer

Chris David is a very creative playmaker and is quite confortable with the ball. He has a great range of passing and vision along with being able to use both feet like Wesley Sneijder.

Jack Grimmer is a physically strong player who plays as a central defender, but has also played as a right back. He's quite and always gives his all.

Swedish Terrier

Jack Grimmer, Dan Burn, Lasse Vigen Christensen, Mesca Tue Na Bangna, Kerim Frei, Chris David, Cauley Woodrow, Muamer Tankovic and Marcello Trotta.
Proud member of FFC Sweden.

Cottage count-4         Away count-2

JackyFulham90

Sambou looks like a good youngster from clips I have seen

MJG

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on June 03, 2013, 11:31:15 PM
I must have seen him about 4 or 5 times now and he's a bull of a player at that level. I do wonder if he will make it as a premier lge player becuase he while he has the fight and energy he lacks a little bit of skill compared to others in the team. I could see him lower down the lges but not right at the top.

cmg

Quote from: MJG on June 04, 2013, 06:39:03 AM
Quote from: JackyFulham90 on June 03, 2013, 11:31:15 PM
I must have seen him about 4 or 5 times now and he's a bull of a player at that level. I do wonder if he will make it as a premier lge player becuase he while he has the fight and energy he lacks a little bit of skill compared to others in the team. I could see him lower down the lges but not right at the top.

Interesting comments.
Apart from the obvious eyecatchers, Sambou is the one who has impressed me most this season.
I agree about the lack of dazzling skills that others display, but I think he is exactly the sort of player we lack in the senior team. As I've said before he reminds me of a young Alan Mullery and a few years down the line, if progress is maintained, I can see him, with one of the more creative youngsters (you know who) making up the kind of midfield that we so lacked last season. Here's hoping.

f bloke

Sambou reads the game very well, tends to be in the right place at the right time to tidy things up.  I think he allows the other more technical players to play.  My concern with him is his passing tends to be backwards and sideways and over short distances - similar to Etuhu.  To make it at the top level I think he needs to show more on the ball.  Both Sean Davis and Diarra did the defensive stuff very well but they were/are creative on the ball- they both took responsibility for instigating attacking moves.  Would like to see Sambou take a bit more responsibility when in possession