watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Youth players you would like to see near the first team

Started by valdeingruo, May 31, 2013, 06:38:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

valdeingruo

Given the chance during early cup matches or during a heavy schedule i would like to see David, Tankovic, Mesca and Christiansen among others.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

Jamie88

I think given their performances this season, Tankovic and Grimmer should definately be given a few minor matches (League Cup, late sub apearances)

And I like the likes of Mesca and Woodrow too.

valdeingruo

Quote from: Jamie88 on May 31, 2013, 07:12:01 AM
I think given their performances this season, Tankovic and Grimmer should definately be given a few minor matches (League Cup, late sub apearances)

And I like the likes of Mesca and Woodrow too.

its been awhile since weve had so many names that you could consider ready to possibly step up.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

SaltfordWhite

From what I have seen absolutely none of them are good enough yet.

The Wild Goat

Jack Grimmer looks a good prospect and what I've seen of Ryan Williams I like the look of him too along with the other names usually mentioned Mesca et al

JackyFulham90

I think the players with a genuine chance of breaking through are Grimmer , David , Mesca & Tankovic

L-Wizzy

David will make it through,he is a very good player, reminds me of a younger sneijder
Twitter: @officialslimwiz

epsomraver

Quote from: SaltfordWhite on May 31, 2013, 07:36:10 AM

So how many u21 games do you get to then?

CurryForMario

He gets the ball, he scores a goal, he loves to play for Martin Jol - Dimitar Berbatov - Fulham's Number Nine!

SaltfordWhite

Quote from: epsomraver on May 31, 2013, 09:08:03 PM

That's somewhat irrelevant as I thought that we were talking about under 18's.

epsomraver

Quote from: SaltfordWhite on June 01, 2013, 09:30:07 AM

It says youth players in the title, again how many u18 games do you get to? I ask as it is very hard to get access and do you have a way of seeing all the games to make such a sweeping statement?

Matt Inglis

There's only one Emma's burger stand.

Frankie-Peter Taylor

Lasse Vigen Christensen, he's exactly the type of player that we need and if he were to come up from the u21's and succeed, he'd quickly be seen as a hero. Very easy on the eye in his playing style.

..Kya.ffc..

Quote from: Frankie-Peter Taylor on June 01, 2013, 11:44:14 AM
Lasse Vigen Christensen, he's exactly the type of player that we need and if he were to come up from the u21's and succeed, he'd quickly be seen as a hero. Very easy on the eye in his playing style.
Denmark u19(red) vs Germany u19(white): Lasse Vigen Christensen is Denmarks number 6, Seems to have a fairly decent game, and a few good passes displayed in this one.
http://kanalsport.dk/indslag/se-maalene-da-danmarks-u19-drenge-slog-tyskland
Beers may have been involved in this post.

MontenegroWhite

Dan Burn.

After him Dembele, Woodrow, Tanković should get their chance.

But I don't see Jol as someone who likes to give a chance for youngstars.

ffc73

Recent history tells us that we will send the youngsters out on loan (Burn, Trotta, Briggs, Frei, Kaca etc) and start to integrate them (if at all) with the first team squad when they are 22/23.  I do not see this policy changing in 13/14 as for every Villa saved by Benteke there is a Middlesborough relegated with a team of youngsters.

What I would like to see is some of the younger players being named as substitute and/or being taken as travelling non-playing subs to gain match day experience and involvement rather than having aged end of contract and/or loan players clogging up our youngsters development.  Not saying all the subs but at least 1 of them

SaltfordWhite

Quote from: epsomraver on June 01, 2013, 11:15:33 AM
Quote from: SaltfordWhite on June 01, 2013, 09:30:07 AM

It says youth players in the title, again how many u18 games do you get to? I ask as it is very hard to get access and do you have a way of seeing all the games to make such a sweeping statement?

You are quite the aggressive little man, aren't you?.

So firstly, you are now asking a different question to your original one but it is one that I am happy to answer as you are so desperate to know.  And secondly, I hardly see talking about 12 or 13 footballers a sweeping generalisation.  It was a direct response to the question originally asked.

Anyway, how many under 18 games have I seen?  Like most of us, very few and I am happy to admit that I gather my thoughts from the internet and watch what I can whenever it is available. Which is why I started my post with the words 'from what I have seen'.  I also ended my post with the word 'yet' because 'from what I have seen' there is some cracking talent there, but I wouldn't say that any of them are ready yet.

If I hadn't seen a ball kicked by any of them I think that it would still be a reasonable assumption to make when you consider that Burn is light years ahead of these guys and is still not even proven at Championship level.

I would love to see Woodrow make it, there is something about him for sure but up against the likes of Rio Ferdinand or Vincent Kompany right now? He wouldn't stand a chance.

So I trust that answers your queries, but do get back to me if you have any more. In the meantime, I ask of you - what did I say that caused you so much upset? All I did was answer the original question.

SouthfieldWhite

I've watched quite alot of the u18s and I wouldn't want to say who is and who isn't ready, but sometimes you don't know until you try.
I'd love it of we can bring a few through, I'm not talking about doing a Villa and bringing loads through in one go, but I can say this is the best academy squad I gave ever seen in my time at Fulham and unless we can start bring some into the first team, then we won't attract other young players into our academy if they think they won't get a chance at first team level