more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Saturday Fulham Stuff (01/06/13)...

Started by WhiteJC, June 01, 2013, 07:59:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Fulham closing in on Stek

Fulham are on the verge of signing Roma goalkeeper Maarten Stekelenburg, reports in the British Press have suggested.

The Daily Mail have confirmed that the Giallorossi shot-stopper will be in London next week to finalise terms and complete a medical.

The Premier League club are set to pay around €3m for the Netherlands international.

A deal between the two clubs for the No.1 was reportedly signed and sealed in January, only for the move to be called off at the last minute.

http://www.football-italia.net/34813/fulham-closing-stek?

WhiteJC

Former West Ham United, Fulham and Leicester City defender John Paintsil is hoping to secure a return to England this summer.

John Paintsil: Available as a free agent

The Ghana international spent the 2012/13 campaign in Israel taking in a second spell with Hapoel Tel Aviv.

A 12-month agreement has now come to an end, allowing Paintsil to plan his next move.

Having spent six productive years in English football between 2006 and 2012, the 31-year-old admits he is eager to test himself on that stage once more.

He claims to have been contacted by interested parties, but says no deal has been put in place as yet.

"I had a great season in Israel with my team," said Paintsil.

"But I would love to return to the Premier League if there is an opportunity.

"I enjoyed my time there. Fulham was a great club for me.

"There are some contacts, but nothing concrete yet."

http://www.football365.com/west-ham/8745285/-?

WhiteJC

Fulham close in on Dutchman

Fulham fans inside the Football Transfer Tavern are pleased to hear the news from Simon Jones of the Daily Mail, who reckons the club are on the verge of signing goalkeeper Maarten Stekelenburg from Italian giants Roma.

Martin Jol has been chasing the Dutch international for some time as he hunts a long-term replacement for Mark Schwarzer, and almost completed the move in January only to be denied on deadline day.

Now it appears a £3 million deal has been put in place in time for the Dutch goalkeeper to join his new team-mates for the first day of pre-season training.

The former Ajax number one is due in London next week to agree terms and complete his medical. He will replace Mark Schwarzer who has been a fantastic servant in the Premier League, but has refused new terms with his contract set to expire this summer.

Steklenburg made only 19 Serie A appearances last season having been sidelined for some time with injury.

With a World Cup on the horizon, the 30-year-old is desperate for regular first team action in order to force his way into the Netherlands first team in time.

He is eager to be reunited with fellow countryman Martin Jol, who has been a long-term admirer of the keeper.

http://www.footballtransfertavern.com/premiership/fulham-close-in-on-dutchman?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TransferTavern+%28The+Transfer+Tavern+Home+Page%29

WhiteJC

Stekelenburg set to finalise Fulham move next week
by DAN on MAY 31, 2013

Fulham are close to completing the signing of Roma goalkeeper Maarten Stekelenburg with the Dutch international due in London next week to have a medical and finalise the details of his protracted transfer.

Martin Jol was keen to capture the former Ajax custodian in January and came close to sealing the deal on transfer deadline day – with the move called off after Roma failed to land a satisfactory replacement. Fulham have maintained their interest in the 30 year-old, who is not guaranteed either European or first-team football with his current employers, and their persistence seems to have paid off. Stekelenburg, who made just 19 appearances in Serie A last season, is expected to cost Fulham around €3m and it remains to be seen whether his arrival could spell the end of Mark Schwarzer's five year spell at Craven Cottage.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2013/05/stekelenburg-set-to-finalise-fulham-move-next-week/?

WhiteJC

Crystal Palace star desperate to overcome Fulham disappointment next season

Former Fulham midfielder Kagisho Dikgacoi can't wait to have another crack at the Premier League next season with Crystal Palace.

The Eagles sealed their return to the top flight with Monday's extra-time play-off final victory over Watford at Wembley.

South Africa international Dikgacoi was forced off with a calf injury after just 17 minutes, but he is already looking forward to getting his fitness back and cementing his place in Ian Holloway's side next season.

It will be the 28-year-old's second stint in the Premier League after he struggled to make an impact at previous club Fulham, where he made just 13 top flight appearances in 18 months before joining Palace.

Dikgacoi says he did not get the chances he wanted with the Cottagers, but he is hoping to put that right with the Eagles next season.

"When I was at Fulham I didn't play as many games as I was expecting to play," he said.

"But we've done it again today with Palace. I'm hoping to play as many games as I can.

"It's just up to me to work hard, to convince the manager and cement my place in the starting XI for next season."

He added: "Everyone is excited. I think overall we deserved it. We have worked hard this season, the guys have shown much commitment, our supporters have been fantastic, so I think we deserved it."

Dikgacoi was back out on the pitch at the end of normal time at Wembley, passing on words of encouragement to his team-mates.

"Everyone, even the guys who weren't in the team, they all went on there to encourage everyone on the pitch," he said.

"We have a good team spirit, the guys have shown today. I think that also added value, rallying behind everyone today.

"We always had that belief. Even when we didn't get automatic promotion we still had the belief that we were going to finish in the play-off positions.

"After we beat Brighton [in the play-off semi-final] again we had belief that we could beat Watford today."

Dikgacoi also praised Manchester United-bound winger Wilfried Zaha after his dazzling display helped seal promotion on his last appearance for Palace.

"He has been fantastic," said Dikgacoi. "Many thanks to him, he helped the team a lot. Even today he worked very hard. "Many players when they get such opportunities, after they sign the contract they start to become sluggish, they seem not to care.

"But he has been focused, working hard in each and every game."

http://www.london24.com/sport/championship/crystal-palace/crystal_palace_star_desperate_to_overcome_fulham_disappointment_next_season_1_2216393

Burt

KERIM FREI GETS INTERNATIONAL CALL UP
http://www.turkish-football.com/news_read.php?id=4686

Abdullah Avci is expected to select an inexperienced starting XI as Turkey prepare to take on Slovenia in tonights international match.

Kerim Frei is expected to make his first start for the Turkey. The Fulham starlet will also be participating in the FIFA U20 World Cup 2013 this summer.

TURKEY-SLOVENYA:

Stadium: Schüco Arena
Kick-Off: 18:00 GMT
Referee: Marco Fritz

Turkey: Cenk, Veysel, Gökhan Zan, Ömer, Hasan Ali, Sefa, M.Topal, M.Ekici, Selçuk, Frei, Mevlüt
Manager: Abdullah Avci

Slovenia: Handovic, Brecko, Cesar, Ilic, Jokic, Birsa, Kampl, Krhin, Kurtic, Dedic, Matavz
Manager: Srečko Katanec