more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Definitely NFR well it is close season

Started by Peabody, June 01, 2013, 04:46:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

Burt

Excellent stuff Mr Peabody... A huge contrast in skyline, fashions, transport, etc. to today!

Peabody

That's right Burt and before you ask, it was another 12 years before I arrived on the scene.

Fernhurst

Thank you Mr P ...... Great colour images. Really enjoying remembering how things were when I was 21  :005:
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

cmg

Thanks. A very high quality bit of film for its age.

I was actually thinking how little (apart from a few concrete/glass excrescences and a lot more traffic) my wonderful city had changed.

Whatever happened to a) hats b) sparrows?

Looking up the history books (no, I wasn't there and my memory ain't that good), 1927-8 was a relegation season for Fulham. Just above South Shields (!) and just below Clapton Orient (as my Dad continued to call them till his dying day). The only connection I could find with my experience was that Frank Penn made his 300th appearance that year. He was trainer when I started out and remained so until well into his sixties.

Burt

Quote from: Peabody on June 01, 2013, 05:47:43 PM
That's right Burt and before you ask, it was another 12 years before I arrived on the scene.

I wouldn't have dreamed of asking...!

My dad would have been 4, although a world away from London. Literally. He was born in Darwin, Australia.

Travers Barney

Quote from: cmg on June 01, 2013, 06:45:13 PM
Thanks. A very high quality bit of film for its age.

I was actually thinking how little (apart from a few concrete/glass excrescences and a lot more traffic) my wonderful city had changed.

Whatever happened to a) hats b) sparrows?

Looking up the history books (no, I wasn't there and my memory ain't that good), 1927-8 was a relegation season for Fulham. Just above South Shields (!) and just below Clapton Orient (as my Dad continued to call them till his dying day). The only connection I could find with my experience was that Frank Penn made his 300th appearance that year. He was trainer when I started out and remained so until well into his sixties.

Wonderful servant to the club was Frank Penn...a man who helped shape Fulham indeed.

coyw
We are the whites

Travers Barney

As was his compatriot and team mate Frank Osbourne who served the club for even more years...god bless the both of them.

coyw
We are the whites

cebu

Sincere thanks for this, sir. I wasn't born till 1947, but still found it fascinating.

Is it just me, or does it look like everything was moving at a slightly more leisurely pace than today?

Peabody

Quote from: cebu on June 01, 2013, 09:06:44 PM
Sincere thanks for this, sir. I wasn't born till 1947, but still found it fascinating.

Is it just me, or does it look like everything was moving at a slightly more leisurely pace than today?

Funny you should say that, just look at this one from 1903 and notice the traffic chaos with all the horse drawn carriages

[/http://youtu.be/DVQiEJW7RWg

cebu

Quote from: Peabody on June 01, 2013, 09:50:49 PM
Quote from: cebu on June 01, 2013, 09:06:44 PM

Funny you should say that, just look at this one from 1903 and notice the traffic chaos with all the horse drawn carriages

[/http://youtu.be/DVQiEJW7RWg
On that one, it looks like the traffic is moving faster than it does these days!   :022: