John Mitchell v Birmingham
1 (1.9%)
Al-Fayed purchased the club
28 (53.8%)
Other
5 (9.6%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Rhys Lightning 63

So the club are running a daily segment on the website '50 moments that made FFC'. So let's make this interesting, what do YOU think will come #1 on the list.

If your choice isn't up there, then write it down in a comment

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2013/june/03/5046-moments-that-made-fulham
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

JBH

I've selected other as I believe that it could be the Day MAF brought the club

LBNo11

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Matt Inglis

Quote from: JBH on June 03, 2013, 01:25:39 PM
I've selected other as I believe that it could be the Day MAF brought the club
+1.
There's only one Emma's burger stand.

fulhamben

surely it has to be moving back to the cottage and repaying the money we got for the down payment on the land
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

MOR :

The coming together of a fledgling group of enthusiasts

The "Founding Fathers" of Fulham...

Revd John Henry Cardwell
Dr Patrick Murdoch
Tom Norman
Revd Peregrine Propert

cmg

No. 50: Bloody Fred Harrison! That was £1000 down the drain if ever I saw it, almost brought the club to its knees. Not to mention the under-the-table payments - I know for sure he was demanding a new pair of boots every other season plus a quart of Brown Ale if he got 10 goals before Christmas. Poor work rate, lousy attitude, wouldn't give you the ash off his Woodbine, typical modern prima donna. Nothing like as good as Bob Dalrymple, who would play for a plate of tripe and onions and clean and dubbin the match ball after the game.

LBNo11

Burt

Great post Mr Lighting sir.

I would add Jimmy Hill to the list... He helped prevent bankruptcy, stopped the ground being sold off and blocked the proposed merger with QPR.

LBNo11

...in all seriousness, the Shrimpton family becoming involved in the club help lay the foundations of the club and even influenced it in later years and the family still supports Fuham after all these years...

bulgariawhite

It's a hard vote depending how old you are. I had to vote for other, but was split between 1975 and MAF purchase.  There have been so many defining moments in our past that I can remember, some sad some joy. To pick one as an oldie is really hard. I am just enjoying today and where we are. Yes I would like one more moment of success before I have to depart this world. Hopefully next season will see that happen. I
can only just go on believing like all True Fulham supporters do and it will happen

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

1975 for me.

I can't see another "street party opportunity" in the future.  Back in the days when the FA cup meant something, a second division club getting to Wembley (no semis played there back in the day) was epic...

The Equalizer

"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Holders

Quote from: Edwatch_Winston_Malone on June 03, 2013, 05:08:15 PM
1975 for me.

I can't see another "street party opportunity" in the future.  Back in the days when the FA cup meant something, a second division club getting to Wembley (no semis played there back in the day) was epic...

That's why I voted for John Mitchell v. Birmingham - the almost unbelievable moment when a second division club - US - got to Wembley. The day itself was an anticlimax by comparison.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Fulham Tup North

049:gif I voted for MAF buying the club but there are 2 moments that are also up there and one which will live with me forever... Zoltan Gera hitting that winner v Hamburg and then hanging on to win and reach that European Final.  It was the best atmosphere I have ever Known at The Cottage and I watched it with my lad, fantastic night.
The other one would be the setting up of Fulham 2000.  I have still got my brick and the A4 cards with pictures of Gordon Davies, Johnny Haynes etc.  You got them when you donated so much money.
It was a time when you felt that Fulham was about to go under and the coming together of the fans was very moving.

COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

ElissonSnygg

that moment when Clint Dempsey makes it 4-1 against Juve..  wow
Official board member of the Swedish Supporter Club - FFC Sweden.

Twitter: @ElissonSnygg

Vinnieffc

Quote from: ElissonSnygg on June 03, 2013, 11:31:11 PM
that moment when Clint Dempsey makes it 4-1 against Juve..  wow

Not particularly picking up on your post Mr Elisson sire, as I could have made similar retorts to other similar posts. But surely, without MAF buying the club, we would never have had those Hamburg and Juventus moments ! I agree that Clint's goal against Juve was probably one of the best I have seen at the Cottage, and certainly one of the most important. But would we have been there without MAF ? I doubt it.

Holders

No, we wouldn't but would we have been there for MAF to buy but for Jimmy Hill? And so on.

Dempsey's goal against Juventus was the highlight of the modern era for me - like Mitch's against Birmingham. Both iconic moments in our long up-and-down history (mostly down).

Let's enjoy the mid-table mediocrity while it lasts.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

MasterHaynes

Quote from: LBNo11 on June 03, 2013, 02:50:10 PM
...in all seriousness, the Shrimpton family becoming involved in the club help lay the foundations of the club and even influenced it in later years and the family still supports Fuham after all these years...
Good call, you have probably nailed it there.
I think Johnny Haynes joining us is also a bit of who came first chicken or the egg? poser.
Did he shape the Fulham way of playing or did Fulham shape him? He definitely raised the profile of the club as he ascended through the England ranks to England Captain. Was it Johnny that helped attract and sway Mo to first come to the cottage and become a lifelong Fulham fan? I'd like to think Johnny had something to do with our current position if only for posterity.