Granero

Started by hongkongfulham, June 05, 2013, 02:33:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hongkongfulham

Available and QPR need to get rid.

Would you or wouldn't you?

I was on the fence and I watched this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0uEJjOkf40

Lots of going sideways or backwards. Tracks back but didn't really play any killer balls or incite anything going forward. It's only one game, maybe that was his role in a team full of stars etc. etc.

Anyone know if we should be looking at him can tell me I'm wrong and he is great. I think maybe if he is happy and we are doing well he could be a bit of a star but I am unconvinced.

JHunter_Fulham4Life

Every time I saw him play, he seemed under-used or uninspired. That said, Hoops had to have the worst chemistry of any club on the planet not named Manchester City. Maybe a change will be as good as a rest, and we definitely need someone in midfield who's willing to work.

EJL

I'd take him. He could be the creative midfielder we need.

valdeingruo

Resting on Real Madrid laurels or the Real deal, only one way to find out.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

RaySmith

He seemed to start off well at QPR. Perhaps Jol might get the best out of him.

Deanothefulhamfan

No chance.... My QPR mates felt he was awful, and didnt care about the team.... Not the sort of player we need in the team at all. We already have 1 player in the team who thinks he is too good for Fulham...

Zu-Meister

would be a jol type of signing, good player not playing well recently. wages would be an issue though

Joe McDonald

If he was given a role in our centre midfield I'm sure he could flourish, especially if he recaptured some of his Real Madrid form.  Think he could be a very good player for us - a midfielder with a bit of everything to his game.  We have missed having a technical player in the centre since Murphy and Dembele left.  Don't think it is any coincidence that our 'style' of play hs suffered since.  Maybe this guy, given the right supporting players and team ethos could thrive at the Cottage.

cmg

An interesting one.
I thought at the time that he was the most eye-catching signing made by our friends in their desperate feeding frenzy, but obviously his stock has plummeted since then.

In theory he is exactly the player we need - but then that's what QPR would have said.

He can't have suddenly become a bad player overnight. He came through the Spanish system up to u21 and Real were keen to get him back from Getafe. Nor can he be faulted particularly for not managing to hold down a full-time job at Real - they regularly have on their bench the kind of midfielders that would transform us into major contenders. Neither can he be totally written off for seeming uninterested and useless at QPR - after all, if you wrote off everyone who was uninterested and useless at QPR last season the permanent unemployment statistics would rocket to record levels.

He cost the thick end of £9m. Well, QPR would have to swallow about half of that - if we could get him to play for realistic wages and were confident that he actually wanted to play he might represent as good an opportunity as we are likely to get.

Burt

Just because he didn't make it at QPR shouldn't be used as the yardstick, given how the place is ran and managed.

I think he would be a good signing, he would prosper in the right environment.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on June 05, 2013, 10:36:36 AM
No chance.... My QPR mates felt he was awful, and didnt care about the team.... Not the sort of player we need in the team at all. We already have 1 player in the team who thinks he is too good for Fulham...

Wouldn't describe about half their starting 11......or more?
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Fulham76

I haven't seen much of him to be honest but he can't be too bad having played 40-50 times for Real Madrid! And to be fair to him, I'm not surprised he lacked commitment & seemed disinterested playing for Rangers. What a mess of a club! Lots of in-fighting, crap management, clueless owners, getting hammered every week, no atmosphere & few fans at laugh-a-minute road etc.. etc..
May be worth a go if we could sign him on a reasonable salary. Also, he probably feels he has a point to prove in the premier league.

Deanothefulhamfan

Fair point all.... QPR were a team in desperate times, maybe he would do a decent job if he was in the Fulham side.

Fulham76

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on June 05, 2013, 01:33:39 PM
Fair point all.... QPR were a team in desperate times, maybe he would do a decent job if he was in the Fulham side.

QPR are very much still in 'desperate times'...