News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

'Arry may be off if he doesn't get what he wants...

Started by Burt, June 05, 2013, 04:12:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burt

...according to Sky Sports News.

Not Fulham related, but I think this would be of interest to some...makes you wonder whether he is forcing an exit to move on?

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12691/8758477/Harry-Redknapp-demanding-final-say-in-reshaping-QPR-squad

Harry Redknapp has warned that he must be allowed to change the QPR squad or he could walk away from the club.

The Rangers manager wants to build a team capable of making an instant return to the Premier League, and he is looking to make former England left-back Wayne Bridge his first post-relegation signing.

Redknapp is keen to speak to club owner Tony Fernandes over bringing in Bridge, whose Manchester City contract is about to expire, but is adamant that he must have the final say over rejigging QPR's playing roster.

"If we don't change it, and I don't get the players that I want to bring in, then we have not got a chance," Redknapp declared.

"You can't have other people have a say at all, I'm a football person and I've got a staff around me of football people.

"We've got to make the decisions, and if we make the right ones we will have a chance. Otherwise, if other people want to make decisions we've got no chance.

"If I don't get that then I wouldn't stick around. I'll speak to Tony Fernandes, they've got to back me with the people I want. I'm not asking him to spend money, I'm looking at a couple of free transfers.

"I'm trying to get Wayne Bridge, I thought he did fantastically well with Brighton, he'd be a good left-back for us. He's got great experience, looks in great shape and is a player I want to bring in on a free.

"I'm hoping that's the first deal I can do. Tony is away, but I'll speak to him today and see if we can get the deal done."

Ordar

I dread to think what the boardroom politics are like at QPHA. Will be interesting to see if they're able to ship out all the dead wood there. I cant see them shifting players like Samba and Bosingwa due to the wages they're on.

Bridge would be a good signing for them, although would be surprised if Brighton wouldnt look to sign him up or even one of the promoted sides

Fulham76

He's just getting his excuses ready in case things don't go to plan next season. Not unlike Redknapp to point the finger at everyone else. It's never his fault!

sunburywhite

He is probably thinking about all the cash that will be flying around with those transfer fees
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Berserker

Makes you wonder how much say Sparky had then. Maybe that's why he did so badly at QPR, somebody else on the board was controlling the purchasing of players
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Buffalo76

Quote from: Fulham76 on June 05, 2013, 04:29:40 PM
He's just getting his excuses ready in case things don't go to plan next season. Not unlike Redknapp to point the finger at everyone else. It's never his fault!

Bet his finger was twitching as he pointed it  064.gif

cmg

Bloody right, 'Arry. You deserve the board's backing. Somebody has to clear up the mess. You must get the players that you want to bring in.

What happened to the bloke who caused all this, eh, Harry? Droopy eyed, twitchy faced bloke, his dog's a tax expert. Can't remember his name. Rhymes with 'dead crap'? Probably managing Through The Looking Glass United.

MJG

So he's trying to bring in Bridge.
Now surely if you as the manager wanted a player you would ask the CEO/board to sign him and they would say yes or no.Harry wouldn't go direct to player without asking the board if its OK to sign him would he?

cmg

Quote from: MJG on June 05, 2013, 06:09:34 PM
Now surely if you as the manager wanted a player you would ask the CEO/board to sign him and they would say yes or no.Harry wouldn't go direct to player without asking the board if its OK to sign him would he?

You make it sound as if you might possibly think he is behaving in an underhand or devious fashion.

I am sure that could not be you intention.

MJG

Quote from: cmg on June 05, 2013, 06:13:51 PM

You make it sound as if you might possibly think he is behaving in an underhand or devious fashion.

wouldn't dream of making that kind of assumption. Harry's a diamond geezer and wouldn't do anything underhand.

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

cmg

Quote from: MJG on June 05, 2013, 06:30:21 PM
Quote from: cmg on June 05, 2013, 06:13:51 PM

wouldn't dream of making that kind of assumption. Harry's a diamond geezer and wouldn't do anything underhand.

My apologies. I can't think what made me think otherwise.

Bet he was glad to see you on that jury!

MJG

Quote from: cmg on June 05, 2013, 06:33:34 PM

that envelope I found on my seat that morning helped

cebu

Quote from: MJG on June 05, 2013, 06:42:38 PM
Quote from: cmg on June 05, 2013, 06:33:34 PM

that envelope I found on my seat that morning helped

Was it empty?    :005:

SaltfordWhite

I read this earlier and wanted to vomit up my ring piece.   He's trying to get out of there and this is his opening gambit.

man sickens me.

Forever Fulham

He's a piece of work alright.  Trying to bake in a convenient excuse to leave.  I wonder how many people buy his routine.

aFFCn_Fan

Just seen this story:
Reading confirm Bridge capture
Reading have confirmed the signing of Wayne Bridge on a free transfer following his release from Manchester City.

If all his fuss was over signing Wayne Bridge does that mean that's it? Are the Poops soon to be without 'Arry?
@hincharoo

Baider

The fact that Reading signed Wayne bridge has made my day. QPR and 'arry were buzzing to get Bridge and the fact he has just snubbed them for Reading is amazing!

Berserker

Quote from: Baider on June 07, 2013, 12:15:33 PM
The fact that Reading signed Wayne bridge has made my day. QPR and 'arry were buzzing to get Bridge and the fact he has just snubbed them for Reading is amazing!

Yes very funny
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.