watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Timlin is 28

Started by Lighthouse, June 06, 2013, 11:10:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

Southend United have said they will support Michael Timlin after the midfielder was jailed for 84 days for perverting the course of justice.

The 28-year-old is out of contract this summer and has not played a game since February, when he broke his leg in a 1-0 win at Leyton Orient.

Southend said they did "not have the full details" of the offence.

The big news to me is Timlin is 28. How the hell did he become that old? I still think of him as part of our youth team that just fell short of making it with us. Time gallops by.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Burt

A bit more info for y'all:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-22784817

Southend United footballer Michael Timlin was charged with perverting the course of justice

Southend United footballer Michael Timlin has been jailed for 84 days after admitting perverting the course of justice over speeding offences.

Timlin, 28, of Pomeroy Street, south-east London, was charged after giving Essex Police false information about three offences in 2010 and 2012.

His driving licence was also endorsed with penalty points after exceeding a 50mph limit on the A127 in Rayleigh.

Basildon Crown Court ordered Timlin to also pay a £80 victim surcharge.

He was charged with supplying false information to Essex Police in November 2010 and May and December 2012.

The speeding offences were in October 2010 and April and December 2012.

Mr Timlin was also caught exceeding the 50mph speed limit in his Audi A3 on 4 December 2012.

The footballer joined League Two Southend United on loan from Swindon Town in September 2010 and was signed by the club in August 2011.

The club refused to comment.

Burt

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22796241

Southend United have said they will support Michael Timlin after the midfielder was jailed for 84 days for perverting the course of justice.

The 28-year-old is out of contract this summer and has not played a game since February, when he broke his leg in a 1-0 win at Leyton Orient.

Southend said they did "not have the full details" of the offence.

But in a statement they expressed their "intention to stand by Michael to help and support him in any way possible".

Timlin was sentenced at Basildon Crown Court on Wednesday after giving Essex Police false information about three speeding offences in 2010 and 2012.

"The club have always found Michael to be a most professional and honourable person and believe the error of judgement leading to his imprisonment [to be] totally out of character," the statement added.

Timlin joined Southend from Swindon in January 2012, after two loan spells at Roots Hall, and has made 90 appearances for the Essex side, scoring five goals.

Burt

Agree Mr Lighthouse, I thought he was still a teenager  :dft011:

MJG

Prime example of players who we keep too long (and dont give a chance to)and who get touted around that he's the next big thing from the youth team.

We let him go at 23 years old after zero appearances.

westcliff white

southend is my local league team when i am in the uk, and i get over their to see them play. he is not bad for them.

i do seem to remember him playing a cup game for us i believe but never a league game.
Every day is a Fulham day