watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Will Trotta make it?

Started by JackyFulham90, June 06, 2013, 09:28:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackyFulham90

Surely this is the summer for Trotta to impress Jol in pre season or it's not looking great for his chances with us, i would personally like to see him get regular games at a championship club but it will be interesting to see if he features in our pre season

Whitesideup

Scored a couple of key goals, but overall the feedback from Brentford was far from that of a Premiership player.

JackyFulham90

I have a couple of Brentford mates who think he is good but won't make it at Fulham

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

EJL

He was great in pre-season last year. Scored a few cracking goals.

Andy_M

No not Premiership quality. Will make it as a footballer but not in the Prem.
@got_maile

MJG

How about letting the lad have a run of games before we throw him on the scrap heap.

Whitesideup

Difference of opinion at Brentford then. However Trotta has had a run of games in div 1. Properly competitive games. But even if we accept the upper rating of his performance, it is hardly inspiring. Why give him a run of games at the highest level...drop Berbatov for him perhaps? Mind you, dropping Ruiz has a certain attraction but somehow I don't see Trotta as being an improvement.

When Jermaine Defoe at about the same stage of his career had a proper run of games in div 1, he made a difference and equalled a goalscoring record.

zschwartz

i'd be happy to see him come on as a late sub for berbatov if he were willing to work for it. or force ruiz into CM and open up some space (...i know, i know. but at least his stats wouldn't suffer...).

or play with one CDM just in front of amorebieta and hangeland... slot in another CAM/Striker: leak goals, make stekelenburg earn his wages and take a few more shots per... I am kidding, but short of reorganizing the whole formation he's looking at a pretty bleak immediate future unless he goes for another loan.

The club's recent history has favored buying up proven/aging talent over promoting from within.  And it has been successful if remaining in the prem is your goal. it's obviously extremely myopic. but it has worked too often for them to change now.

Maybe if the 18s win the league for a third or fourth time in a row someone will take note... a couple more dallas cups wins couldn't hurt. you know, just so we can be sure its not a fluke.

DiegoFulham

Saw him play live at the playoff final, Dan Burn had him in his back pocket, Trotta might prove me wrong but Dan Burn is one for the future
@DiegoFulham follow for a follow back

MJG

Quote from: Whitesideup on June 07, 2013, 12:03:04 AM
Difference of opinion at Brentford then. However Trotta has had a run of games in div 1. Properly competitive games. But even if we accept the upper rating of his performance, it is hardly inspiring. Why give him a run of games at the highest level...drop Berbatov for him perhaps? Mind you, dropping Ruiz has a certain attraction but somehow I don't see Trotta as being an improvement.

When Jermaine Defoe at about the same stage of his career had a proper run of games in div 1, he made a difference and equalled a goalscoring record.
When I say run of games I dont mean throw him straight first XI.
Let him have pre season and then sub for the prem games.

Lets be honest Jol is never going to drop Ruiz & Berbatov from the front two. If we then have Rodellaga it makes sense to have Trotta as the 4th striker instead of pumping 40K a week into another striker who is going to sit on the bench.
Unless Jol is going to change his whole system thats how i see it for next season.

valdeingruo

Quote from: MJG on June 07, 2013, 06:42:18 AM
Quote from: Whitesideup on June 07, 2013, 12:03:04 AM

When I say run of games I dont mean throw him straight first XI.
Let him have pre season and then sub for the prem games.

Lets be honest Jol is never going to drop Ruiz & Berbatov from the front two. If we then have Rodellaga it makes sense to have Trotta as the 4th striker instead of pumping 40K a week into another striker who is going to sit on the bench.
Unless Jol is going to change his whole system thats how i see it for next season.

I agree, that is realistically the only true way to find out. Why pay those wages to a striker when you could pay them towards another central midfielder that we need
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

Riverside

Feedback from Brentford suggests he is not ready yet .
Another year / another loan ?
Then maybe - but unlikely .

Feedback we want to hear is like that of Kaca at Watford - they thought he was special .