watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR: Many of us have taken kids to football

Started by SP, June 07, 2013, 09:48:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SP

But spare a thought for my colleague a Palace season ticket holder who's 8 year old daughter begged him to let her have his 2nd playoff final ticket.  No discounts for kids apparently.  Approaching halftime she claimed to be suffering stomach cramps, upset stomach, feeling of sickness etc.  At halftime he succumbed to pressure & took her home. Gutted.

The icing on the cake being her miraculous recovery when they arrived home & her request for MacDonald's as a treat.

fp.gif

SouthfieldWhite

I'd of given her the bus fate and told her to get the bus home and tell mum I will be late if we win ;-)

Rupert

So, how much of a surprise did the visit to the adoption agency come to the little brat sweet, angelic child?

I appreciate that society frowns on thrashing a child nowadays, when even saying "no" can land you in trouble for child abuse, but there are times when more old fashioned views may bubble to the fore.
I sincerely hope she is still waiting for the burger.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

EJL

Quote from: Rupert on June 07, 2013, 11:17:28 PM
So, how much of a surprise did the visit to the adoption agency come to the little brat sweet, angelic child?

I appreciate that society frowns on thrashing a child nowadays, when even saying "no" can land you in trouble for child abuse, but there are times when more old fashioned views may bubble to the fore.
I sincerely hope she is still waiting for the burger.
064.gif

Berserker

I remember going on and on about attending my Dad's band practice when i was wee. I was sat there in the dance hall with my pop and crisps, and as soon as they were in full spate of the first set i burst into tears. I just found it far too loud and my Dad had to take me home. He was very cross, but he was a strict Dad and often could be. He never took me again but then i never wanted to go again
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

SP

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on June 07, 2013, 09:57:04 PM
I'd of given her the bus fate and told her to get the bus home and tell mum I will be late if we win ;-)

If my very rough calculations are correct, they probably arrived home during extra time & before the penalty was awarded.  Unfortunately, he doesn't have SKY so would've resorted to the radio commentary.

ffc73

Chelsea semi final at Villa Park.  My eldest (10 at the time) was complaining of a sore stomach and feeling sick all through the game.  No way we were going anywhere.  My reaction was to tell him to watch the game to take his mind off it.  Took us 'for ever' to get out of the car park after the game.  We got back to the Travelodge and he threw up all over the bathroom floor.  Rounded off a miserable evening but the boy did well to hold it for that long.

Burt

Burt Jr's first ever away game was our "great escape" win at Pompey. Don't know if you remember but it was a glorious day, and I think he must have got sun stroke, because he had the mother of all headaches throughout and must have been the only person sitting down with his head in his hands that day.

grandad

Went to Exeter with a friend & his heavily pregnant wife. It was raining stair rods & she started to feel unwell. We asked a steward if we could move to the stands which were half empty. He said no. We asked if we could leave the ground & re enter the stands by paying again. He again said no. If we left the ground we could not get in again as the turnstiles were closed. We asked a police woman to help & she just shrugged her shoulders & said it was not her problem. We left & came home. To this day I have never received a response from Exeter. I will never ,ever go there again, not that it´s likely, except a Cup match.
Where there's a will there's a wife