watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Emanuelson & Frimpong

Started by JackyFulham90, June 10, 2013, 11:38:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackyFulham90

Jol always spoke highly of Frimpong I know he is injured at the moment but a bit closer to the season i reckon Jol will try to him back for another season, I would also love to see us get Emanuelson although to be at his best I think he needs to be played centrally

Bracken White

I think they are gone now. Best of the bunch, for me, was Enoh - but guess we may gib at his asking price.
Stay Fulhamish ~ stay unique

Bassey the warrior

Frimpong will probably return. Emanuelson and Enoh probably not. Sort of depends on how they fit into their own club's plans and the costs involved. We have Boateng at least.

Humbled

If Frimpong is out of contraqct at the end of the season why would he have to come on loan? could we not agree a small fee for compensation? im not ure how it works...

i would really like to see Enoh sign for us, he looked good and i would take Urby again

just seen Frimpong's contract is up next June, sorry, thought i had previously read it was this June
that being said i think we will sign Frimpong for around a million if Enoh is too pricey

Apprentice to the Maestro

I would prefer us to get in players on permanent contracts rather than loans, and loans with an option to buy rather than simple loans.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on June 11, 2013, 12:01:51 AM
I would prefer us to get in players on permanent contracts rather than loans, and loans with an option to buy rather than simple loans.
Loans to be could be good so long as we have an agreed fee. Frees up funds so we can spend elsewhere and allows us to ditch them if they fail to impress. For example we chose to purchase Riether but not Manolev.

Humbled

Quote from: The Moose on June 11, 2013, 12:05:33 AM
Loans to be could be good so long as we have an agreed fee. Frees up funds so we can spend elsewhere and allows us to ditch them if they fail to impress. For example we chose to purchase Riether but not Manolev.

which is why i am still hopeful of getting Enoh he was a loan to perm....

Apprentice to the Maestro

I agree in principle.

Riether was a loan plus option to buy rather than a straight loan like Kalkuta or Frimpong so gave us the choice as to whether to take him or not and that is the best option when the player may not fit in. But to get the best players you have to commit to a permanent deal.

Have we decided what to do with Manolev? I would be happy to take him on what I have seen but that is very little I grant you.

I think we are only two or three acquisitions short of our starting team and if we pick one of those up on a free or two fairly cheaply we can probably afford to sign all we need permanently.

Otherwise I am open to loans with options but pure loans, particularly if they are helping develop players for our rivals, should generally be avoided.

NadsFromMauritius

I think we should definitely try to sign Emanuelson as he's kind of a utility player and can play in various positions (though I'm pretty sure Milan would be unwilling to sell him). As for Enoh and Frimpong, I believe there is room for only one of them (given the recent signing of Boateng) and I think we should go for Enoh (cuz' he kinda impressed).
"Mauritius was created first, and then heaven; and that heaven was copied after Mauritius" Mark Twain
(http://www.facebook.com/BeautyOfMauritius)

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on June 11, 2013, 12:31:43 AM

I agree in principle.

Riether was a loan plus option to buy rather than a straight loan like Kalkuta or Frimpong so gave us the choice as to whether to take him or not and that is the best option when the player may not fit in. But to get the best players you have to commit to a permanent deal.

Have we decided what to do with Manolev? I would be happy to take him on what I have seen but that is very little I grant you.

I think we are only two or three acquisitions short of our starting team and if we pick one of those up on a free or two fairly cheaply we can probably afford to sign all we need permanently.

Otherwise I am open to loans with options but pure loans, particularly if they are helping develop players for our rivals, should generally be avoided.
No movement vis a vis Manolev yet. We do need a backup for Riether, whether it's him remains to be seen.

Bracken White

Had presumed as he wasn't on the 'released' list that Manolev was still part of the squad. Website doesn't help - all the 'released' players still feature!
Stay Fulhamish ~ stay unique

filham

You would think that after a six month loan period a quick decision would be made on whether or not to sign a player.

At this moment we are still in need of a couple of quality centre midfielders.

Riverside

Thought the positions on all 3 midfielders were relatively clear ( by Fulham standards )

- Emanuelson - too expensive. He is heading back to Milan.
- Enoch - would like him to stay but are looking to do something "creative" on his fee ( now what is not clear is what creative is - ideas ).
- Frimpong injured for 8 weeks at least ( missing most of the pre-season ). Not interested in talking until he is fit ( by which time we may or may not have CM sorted )

Manolev though I have not idea what the club's thoughts are .....

JackyFulham90

Emanuelson would be a top signing if we played him centrally