News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Most interesting or unusual place youve watched Fulham.

Started by valdeingruo, June 12, 2013, 06:10:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burt

Quote from: General on June 12, 2013, 08:26:09 AM
An Irish bar in chiang mai Thailand... We played man utd, it was 2007 and I remember thinking we played well despite losing (remember thinking we'd never beat utd at the time as we hadn't and didn't until the Roy era.

ManU 1-3 Fulham, 2003. Clarkey, Steeed and Ina.

Burt

Fulham33

Highbury, Burnden Park, Eastville, Ninian Park, Sealand Road, Recreation Ground, Layer Road, Highfield Road, Baseball Ground, Belle Vue, Leeds Road, Boothferry Park, Filbert Street, Maine Road, Ayresome Park, The Den, Manor Ground, Elm Park, Gay Meadow, The Dell, Victoria Ground, Roker Park, Vetch Field, Fellows Park and Plough Lane

Can't believe I left off the Goldstone Ground - yep and a colleague's garden backed onto the ground so I watched from his house on one occasion.

epsomraver

Quote from: Vinnieffc on June 13, 2013, 03:03:53 PM
It was a Fulham v Man Utd FA Cup game, around 1980, and I was 17-18 at the time. I was invited around to the flat of a woman I used to work with who was a bit older than me - early 30's ish (she would be a Cougar now, but that wasn't invented in those days LOL)... She cooked dinner and we had a few drinks. Things were starting to 'warm up', but I got up for a leak and saw the game was on in the lounge, so I proceeded to watch it, much to the consternation of afore-mentioned Cougar. Needless to say, I was never invited back again.

Addendum : I think we lost 1-0 and Chris Guthrie missed a sitter.

You obviously didn't score then either! 064.gif

Travers Barney

Quote from: Fulham33 on June 13, 2013, 04:26:36 PM
Highbury, Burnden Park, Eastville, Ninian Park, Sealand Road, Recreation Ground, Layer Road, Highfield Road, Baseball Ground, Belle Vue, Leeds Road, Boothferry Park, Filbert Street, Maine Road, Ayresome Park, The Den, Manor Ground, Elm Park, Gay Meadow, The Dell, Victoria Ground, Roker Park, Vetch Field, Fellows Park and Plough Lane

Good work 33.....reckon you must have done the Goldstone Ground if you've been to that lot.

coyw
We are the whites

hongkongfulham

jms

In the 'Speak Easy' pub sometime in the early / mid 90s, in Killarney, County Kerry. We beat Man.city by something like 4 -0  at the cottage? !! Too many guinness' es  to remember exact date and time.
Bloody brilliant....and all the locals singing along with us as each goal went in.....as of course they hate the 'city and love the Utd' !
Never forget it  049:gif

BlacknWhite

Sitting in a small Internet cafe in Greece watching a Europa league game praying for my hour not to run out!

Burt

Quote from: Travers Barney on June 13, 2013, 09:46:14 PM
Quote from: Fulham33 on June 13, 2013, 04:26:36 PM

Good work 33.....reckon you must have done the Goldstone Ground if you've been to that lot.

coyw

Toss up between Plough Lane, the Den and Elm Park for "biggest dump"...

Bad memories of the Baseball Ground for *that" match against Derby.

earlbeatty

Bubba's Sports Bar in Barbados, watching the Southampton game earlier this season - supping ice cold Banks beer at 0900!! Happy days!! I got some strange looks when I leapt about after we went two-one up, sadly it was short lived!!

EB

Vinnieffc

Quote from: epsomraver on June 13, 2013, 04:37:45 PM
Quote from: Vinnieffc on June 13, 2013, 03:03:53 PM
It was a Fulham v Man Utd FA Cup game, around 1980, and I was 17-18 at the time. I was invited around to the flat of a woman I used to work with who was a bit older than me - early 30's ish (she would be a Cougar now, but that wasn't invented in those days LOL)... She cooked dinner and we had a few drinks. Things were starting to 'warm up', but I got up for a leak and saw the game was on in the lounge, so I proceeded to watch it, much to the consternation of afore-mentioned Cougar. Needless to say, I was never invited back again.

Addendum : I think we lost 1-0 and Chris Guthrie missed a sitter.

You obviously didn't score then either! 064.gif

Quite right Mr Raver.. Mind you, had I gone ahead I probably would only had missed 2 minutes of the game !!

spikey norman

4th August 2011 on holiday in Croatia sitting in a bar in split watching fulham v rnk split in Europa league surrounded by croatians and stoke city fans - stoke played hajduk split earlier in the day
Only one in whole bar who was smiling after the game

fulham traveller

got to be the  runavik faroe islands, worse pitch have been seen, worse game 0-0, great views, even 3 sheep walked up to watch the game up the hill and soon turned back around again, quote of the day, I said to my tour guide when does it get dark, bearing in mind it was 30th june, his reply was september

FC Silver Fox

I suppose mine has to be a pre-season friendly Marseille 1 v 2 Fulham in Nimes during the Tigana period. There must have been all of 10 Fulham fans there.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

SuffolkWhite

Most interesting,
Craven Cottage and numerous games. But the ones that stick in my memory are Lincoln at home, Chesterfield at home and Ivor's goal from almost the corner flag, Hamburg game of course.

Away games,
Kettering in the home end as it was the only way to get tickets as my mate was a Kettering fan. The old Manor ground in Oxford,Elm park in Reading and of course plough lane.......and yes that Derby game!!!!!

Basel away was special but not particularly strange.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

L-Wizzy

Twitter: @officialslimwiz

fulham pete

Our last Europa League match. I was on a Norweigan coastal ferry, somewhere off the north coast of Norway, further east than Moscow. Could only get intermittent internet access, mainly to this site. My howl of anguish, when I got the final score at sometime after midnight local time woke half the ship and was apparently answered by a school of whales in the northern Arctic ocean!

Shredhead

The most interesting was on a tv in the cafe of Mexico City's anthropological museum. It was a Europa league away leg that we lost.

The most memorable was the juve game which I had to beg a barman in a Bristol sports pub to put on. When he switched it on we were already 1-0 down and I was the only person watching it. By the time Clint scored THAT goal the whole pub were watching.
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

MOR :

Watched Fulham v Espanyol at the Muncipal stadium of Le Touquet in France, the Spanish side Espanyol beat Fulham by two goals to one.

That was in 2001 I think under Mr "Toothpick"...