News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Most interesting or unusual place youve watched Fulham.

Started by valdeingruo, June 12, 2013, 06:10:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

valdeingruo

This can be an interesting ground, country or place seen on tv/stream.

For me its the Europa Final, I watched it on a patchy satellite feed in the middle of the Red Sea during my first deployment. The sea rocked with the game it felt, as everyone i was with doesn't watch football they sided with the whites for my sake. I was the most miserable guy on that boat the day after. It was just a game they said...
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

mccscratch

FK Vetra.. Vlinius, Lithuania... UEFA Europa League Summer 2009

Bobby Zamora with the first...

Vetra - Fulham goal įvartis 0-1 Bobby Zamora
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

luisfa

every single game is unusual for me from your point of view, I watch them all in Brazil and the vast majority via streaming, I can only see in HD at the television a handful of matches, against the most popular English teams

chiefo

Fernhurst

Bashley in The New Forest.

So disappointed Micky Conroy didn't play

Eventually ...... Overturned the part-timers with a goal from ?????? Someone fill in the blanks please ( teenage winger from the early nineties, sometimes turned up  at The Cottage for home games on his BMX bike!!!!)

The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

RaySmith

Not that interesting, especially compared to the other posters above, but I remember seeing Fulham in a friendly playing Partick Thistle in Glasgow.

Collins John scored in a 1-1 draw, and the full backs were Voltzy and Bonnisel - and present  coach Billy McKinley, who had recently signed, also played.

General

An Irish bar in chiang mai Thailand... We played man utd, it was 2007 and I remember thinking we played well despite losing (remember thinking we'd never beat utd at the time as we hadn't and didn't until the Roy era.

westcliff white

i think you will find cookie beat united at old trafford with a winner from inamoto
Every day is a Fulham day

valdeingruo

Quote from: chiefo on June 12, 2013, 07:23:54 AM
It was just a game they said...

i spent days trying to explain to them why it wasnt.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

Travers Barney

Quote from: westcliff white on June 12, 2013, 08:40:44 AM
i think you will find cookie beat united at old trafford with a winner from inamoto

And or Steed

Back to the question..I'll go with Vetra too.

coyw
We are the whites

Fernhurst

Quote from: RaySmith on June 12, 2013, 08:11:12 AM
Not that interesting, especially compared to the other posters above, but I remember seeing Fulham in a friendly playing Partick Thistle in Glasgow.

Collins John scored in a 1-1 draw, and the full backs were Voltzy and Bonnisel - and present  coach Billy McKinley, who had recently signed, also played.

Oh I can beat that Raymond ...... But when considering Andersons interesting question that wingers name escaped me (and still has)

Motherwell in the Anglo Scottish
Hartlepool on a wet Tuesday night in the Johnstone Paint trophy (?)
Craven Cottage when Fulham won by 10 v Ipswich.
via Satellite in Tenerife,France,Italy and Inverness.
Semi-final v Burnley in Birmingham in 61 (?)
Portsmouth for the great escape.
South of France when Fulham's friendly coincided with our a holiday...bonus!!
The Euro adventure but not FK Vetra

Still can't remember that wingers name!

The Equalizer

I went with some friends to watch a game at the Southern Belle, but the crowd, a hundred or so Fulham supporters, were told 5 minutes into the game that they were not showing it on the big screen.

We traipsed off towards the Larrick, where there had been rumoursof a live match, only to be denied again. At this point we gave up but took a stroll down for a beer in the Oktoberfest Bierkeller on Fulham Road. They didn't have the match on in there either, but we managed to convince the barmaid to get a stream on the desktop PC behind the bar, so we all ended up craning our necks trying to look at a tiny screen with a crappy image whilst drinking Steins of Paulaner!

Other than that, it was watching Fulham play Arsenal from Sydney at 2am with my old mate Tomson. Surreal being that far away from the ground and celebrating the goals in real time.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

The Equalizer

Ooh, and the other one was whilst sitting on a beach in St Lucia drinking a Pina Colada and watching a stream on my Mac!  :008:
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Fernhurst

bobbo

I did the bologna game in the inter toto I think it was cant remember the year.But hats to all those who went to russia , lithuania etc. you're all making me feel guilty having worked for B for 41 years and did'nt do as many good away trips as I should have
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Kell

In a small bar in honolulu in 2005, Walking back to hotel at midnight and walked in to find Newcastle v FFC on a small tv in the corner. Happy days...missus was not happy though,

HillingdonFFC

My mate and I went out to South Africa to watch the cricket in 2004/5. We went with a Barmy Army tour group, on one of the non cricket days they had arranged a trip up table mountain which was called off because it was too windy for the cable cars. Instead they took us on a coach tour of Cape Town.
That day we were playing Crystal Palace at home, as we were driving about my mate and I were desperately trying to find the latest score, we couldn`t get any signal on phones so couldn`t call or text and it was in the pre smart phone days so no internet. The coach driver said we were heading to a famous pub called the Blue Peter in a place called Bloubergstrand, where we were going to stay for a couple of hours .
We walked in, it was pretty quiet, we both glanced over to our right and there on a massive screen was Fulham v Palace live, we fell about, couldnt believe it, unbelievable. We then watched us beat Palace 3-1 whilst getting stuck into ice cold Windhoeks and Black labels( not carling), great memories. A few days later we saw us draw 3-3 with Southampton in a sports bar on the V&A Waterfront

michaelread

through the window of some random persons appartment in sydney after a night out in kings cross (kickoffs can be anywhere between midnight or 2am here)

It was a united fulham game and I had been kicked out of the only bar on the strip showing football after a boozy night out, so i sat on top of a car and watched through the window.

made sense at the time but gee, i think i am very lucky nobody saw me

"just watching the football officer, honest!"

Vinnieffc

It was a Fulham v Man Utd FA Cup game, around 1980, and I was 17-18 at the time. I was invited around to the flat of a woman I used to work with who was a bit older than me - early 30's ish (she would be a Cougar now, but that wasn't invented in those days LOL)... She cooked dinner and we had a few drinks. Things were starting to 'warm up', but I got up for a leak and saw the game was on in the lounge, so I proceeded to watch it, much to the consternation of afore-mentioned Cougar. Needless to say, I was never invited back again.

Addendum : I think we lost 1-0 and Chris Guthrie missed a sitter.

Airfix

Not watched, but listened....

Sunderland vs Fulham, April 2006.  We were 1-0 up, thanks to McBride and the game got abandoned. If Sunderland had lost that day, they would have been relegated.

The reason for the abandonment was "blizzard conditions" as it was snowing.

All seems fine so far but I was listening on the internet up in Resolute Bay in Canada's Nunavut region.  I heard the reason for the abandoned game, looked outside where it was blowing snow so hard you couldn't see the tip of your own skis and p*ssed myself laughing!  Blizzard, my behind!!!  It was so bad where I was that we actually ended up almost losing someone - found him after a 20-minute search... he was 100 yards from base!

What was even more annoying was that we went back up there the next month and lost!  Sunderland were still relegated, though.