watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Danny Hoesen

Started by MikeCdawg, June 12, 2013, 09:25:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeCdawg

Just watched the Spain vs Holland u21 game earlier and he looks like a good player. With him being Dutch I'm surprised Jol didn't try to hang on to him....shame.

FFC_17

He's done pretty well this season for Ajax, even being a starter for a short period of the season. They spotted his talent when he was on loan from Fulham at Fortuna Sittard. Shame Jol didnt. Speaks volumes about his lack of confidence/interest in our youngsters.

TWFL

Little bit of confidence and some 1st team appearances go a long way..

Also he was homesick so we didn't have much chance of him staying, especially when someone like Ajax are interested in him.

FFC_17

From what i've heard he really wanted to stay at Fulham, but he didnt get offered an extension of his contract. After that he's been a free agent for a couple of weeks, after Ajax picked him up.

alfie

Quote from: FFC_17 on June 12, 2013, 09:44:25 PM
He's done pretty well this season for Ajax, even being a starter for a short period of the season. They spotted his talent when he was on loan from Fulham at Fortuna Sittard. Shame Jol didnt. Speaks volumes about his lack of confidence/interest in our youngsters.

Does not speak volumes to me because i have no idea why he was not retained, why do you make the assumption that this was down to Jol.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

General

Quote from: alfie on June 13, 2013, 08:04:08 AM

Does not speak volumes to me because i have no idea why he was not retained, why do you make the assumption that this was down to Jol.

What i was thinking too. I can't bare people who try and fill in gaps to make stories when the have no idea about what they're talking about.

fulhamben

Quote from: FFC_17 on June 13, 2013, 07:56:31 AM
From what i've heard he really wanted to stay at Fulham, but he didnt get offered an extension of his contract. After that he's been a free agent for a couple of weeks, after Ajax picked him up.
if he was a free agent, then how come we have a 30% sell on clause on him if ajax sell him?
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Matt Inglis

It does sound like he has a lot more promise than Trotta.
Maybe we sold him for the reason fulhamben said above. I obviously don't know if this is true, but maybe we are hoping he'll be sold for a lot some time in the future and that we can make a tidy profit that way.
There's only one Emma's burger stand.

fulhamben

Quote from: Matt Inglis on June 13, 2013, 10:48:39 AM
Maybe we sold him for the reason fulhamben said above. I obviously don't know if this is true, but maybe we are hoping he'll be sold for a lot some time in the future and that we can make a tidy profit that way.
and thats without mentioning that a kid was offered a chance to move back to his own country and play first team football for their biggest club, but yes im sure he wanted to stay in our under 21 team
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Matt Inglis

Quote from: fulhamben on June 13, 2013, 11:18:41 AM
Quote from: Matt Inglis on June 13, 2013, 10:48:39 AM
and thats without mentioning that a kid was offered a chance to move back to his own country and play first team football for their biggest club, but yes im sure he wanted to stay in our under 21 team
I agree it is ridiculous to suggest he would rather have stayed at Fulham than gone to Ajax! He's already played CL football for goodness sake!
There's only one Emma's burger stand.

FFC_17

Quote from: General on June 13, 2013, 08:50:49 AM

What i was thinking too. I can't bare people who try and fill in gaps to make stories when the have no idea about what they're talking about.

I'm not filling in gaps or making asumptions. Hoesen stated in interviews with Dutch media that it was Jol who decided to let him leave. Jol didnt think he had the potential to reach the first team. Fact.

On top of that, Ajax signed him primarily for their reserve squad or as 3rd choice striker. He wasnt leaving Fulham with the promise of first team football or Champions League. He simply fought his way into the team.

The point that i'm trying to make that IF Jol would have given Hoesen an honest start this season, i'm sure he would have maked an impact. He is fast, he's got good ability and is an intelligent player, but Jol didnt spot it or simply didnt rate him. And THAT speaks volumes, in my opinion.

FFC1987

Quote from: FFC_17 on June 13, 2013, 12:54:53 PM

I'm not filling in gaps or making asumptions. Hoesen stated in interviews with Dutch media that it was Jol who decided to let him leave. Jol didnt think he had the potential to reach the first team. Fact.

He also stated that a large part of it was down to being homesick. The monster Jol allowing a youngster to go home and progress his career.....

alfie

Quote from: FFC_17 on June 13, 2013, 12:54:53 PM

On top of that, Ajax signed him primarily for their reserve squad or as 3rd choice striker. He wasnt leaving Fulham with the promise of first team football or Champions League. He simply fought his way into the team.

The point that i'm trying to make that IF Jol would have given Hoesen an honest start this season, i'm sure he would have maked an impact. He is fast, he's got good ability and is an intelligent player, but Jol didnt spot it or simply didnt rate him. And THAT speaks volumes, in my opinion.

Trouble is on your next post you state "from what i have heard" which just sounds like gossip, maybe you should have said about the interview with dutch television, then perhaps you may not have been accused of making assumptions.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't