Main Menu

Bryan Ruiz

Started by rhyspabsolom, June 14, 2013, 12:43:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rhyspabsolom

...and he was only £8mil, right?

RidgeRider

Quote from: MJG on June 14, 2013, 01:00:15 PM
I'll make one comment. I do not want Ruiz as one of a central midfield two if it means we then play 2 other forwards, It would he absolute suicide.

Ruiz is played on the wing in the last Costa Rica match I watched, not as a true winger, but allowed to drift in centrally.

I think he is best in this situation. He needs a strong overlapping back to cover and cross on his behalf. He is not good enough to be a dominant central midfielder, but he is creative, so playing him on the left or right, with an eye to move centrally, allows him the freedom to create without having too much responsibility for possession down the middle.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: KP_FFC on June 14, 2013, 01:41:27 PM
i going to keep saying it, we should try ruiz as the creative cm we need. that will allow us to partner berba with a pacey striker. iv always said ruiz is good defencivly and that we should try him there

WE HAVE DONE. It didn't work, he simply isn't one. He's not comfortable there.
I'm sorry, but this has happened several times this season. We could feasibly try to convert him but he's a good finisher so that would be wasting his talents. He's not quick either.

Bassey the warrior

I'm a huge Ruiz fan and a huge Berba fan. Jol bought both and I expect him to find a way to accommodate both. He is a manager that has managed big clubs and should know how to manage big players. This is not playing Ruiz on the wing or central midfield.
I will be hugely, hugely disappointed to see either leave. Angry even.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Humbled on June 14, 2013, 06:01:08 PM
Quote from: KP_FFC on June 14, 2013, 01:57:29 PM
Quote from: Humbled on June 14, 2013, 01:44:10 PM
Quote from: KP_FFC on June 14, 2013, 01:41:27 PM
i going to keep saying it, we should try ruiz as the creative cm we need. that will allow us to partner berba with a pacey striker. iv always said ruiz is good defencivly and that we should try him there

would give it a go for pre season... im not sure he can play deep, as im not as convinced as you are with his defensive abilities and think a Huddlestone would suit better but this is what pre season is for
i dont really want huddlestone tbh

A Huddlestone. Meaning that type of player as I have said previous it doesn't HAVE to be him just think His style in a centre midfield 2 would be better suited than having Ruiz's style in there.

Not seen much of Huddlestone this season but he is the type of player we've been missing. A deep sitting creative midfielder. Unfortunately he's always been a slow player, but he may be the best we can afford, still a good player.
I had hoped that we'd keep Dembele, this made us so much more dynamic, there's no way we'll ever see a central midfielder of his like again.

Count Berbatov

To answer the OP, I think it could be a Christmas tree formation. Also, the problem are Berbatov and Ruiz. you know you have two great players, who enjoy possession, but no one to make the runs. That's why Dejagah was priceless. And Kaca is second best. I would say a 4-5-1 when defending and 4-2-4 with Kaca, Ruiz and Dejagah moving in support of Berbatov when attacking. Also worth is trying to play a straight 4-4-2, but your midfield isn't strong enough. That could change this transfer window

Also a diamond formation, like Chelsea at one point. My favorite. Two strikers and room for Ruiz behind them

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

Matt Inglis

I agree with whoever said that Bryan will be our best player next year. He's been getting better and better in my eyes. We can play them together and when it works it works beautifully.. I just hope we can bring in some players that Jol is willing to sub on for them if things just aren't working out! For me, as with many others, it's not great having two players on the pitch who you know won't be taken off no matter how bad a day they are having.
There's only one Emma's burger stand.