watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Is There A Premiership Future for Fulham's Five Prominent Young Players

Started by filham, June 16, 2013, 12:28:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

At the start of last season it looked as if we had five young players who could break into our team and establish themselves as premiership footballers.
Kassami, Briggs, Frei, Trotta and Kacaniklic were all looking good and we had high hopes for them.

Kaca started the season well, had a poor spell went on loan to Burnley and then returned late in the season with a couple of good games, hopes remain reasonably high for his future.

The other four were disappointments and their present standing is lower than it was 12 months ago, will we ever manage  to get a good young player of premiership quality in our premiership team

Bassey the warrior

No for Trotta and Briggs, probably not for Kasami, yes for Frei and Kacaniklic. Frei looks odds on to leave which will really annoy me and Kacaniklic may leave too albeit for a Premier League team which will make me even more angry, far more in fact.

fulhamfever

Next season you will see Briggs, Kasami and Kacaniklic get game time.

Lighthouse

As often stated. The step up from youth level to Prem level is huge. It has to be done slowly and each player will have his own way of coping with it. At the very top level of the Prem I find it hard to look beyond Kaka. But Briggs may find he can play at squad level. As for Trotta. Just given a chance will be a shock.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

SouthfieldWhite

ffcbulgaria

We've seen over the past years that a lot of players are evaluated as not good enough just for them to return a few years later to the premiership with different clubs or playing decent football in other leagues.

This leads to the conclusion that when they are 26-27yo we might see them playing good football elsewhere.

JHunter_Fulham4Life

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on June 16, 2013, 02:09:40 PM
Quote from: fulhamfever on June 16, 2013, 12:45:41 PM

Not at Fulham you wont

Don't be defeatist! Briggs will get time because Riise's past it. Kasami will get time because he plays both ways and has pace, both of which we need in midfield. Kaca will get time because Duff's WAY past it! Jol's been telling us to wait until the kids start to bear fruit, and this just might be the year IMHO.

OnlyTwoMoussaDembeles

Why is no one mentioning Jack Grimmer? Correct me please if I am wrong, but isnt he under 21 skipper? I have no idea how good he is, but at his age it would be a good idea to be getting 20 minutes here and there, and try fast track him into the first team. Pretty sure he is a CM/CDM so it would be good to use him as depth seeing as we are so weak there

Cravenawin

Kaca will be the only one to get game time ( if he stays ). Jol will target a left back as a priority I reckon as Briggs isn't prem grade, Riise is past it and Richardson is a sick note

SouthfieldWhite

Quote from: JHunter_Fulham4Life on June 16, 2013, 04:48:00 PM

Not at Fulham you wont

Don't be defeatist! Briggs will get time because Riise's past it. Kasami will get time because he plays both ways and has pace, both of which we need in midfield. Kaca will get time because Duff's WAY past it! Jol's been telling us to wait until the kids start to bear fruit, and this just might be the year IMHO.

im not being a defeatist, im being a realist, if Jol rated Kassami, hed of played more than he has, if Briggs was good enough, Richardson and Emanuelson wouldnt of been played at left back, and Kaca will be sold

alexbishop

Jol has said he will only play youth when they become as good as or better than the other players he has at his disposal. On that basis my thoughts are:

Briggs - I don't think he will mature into a prem quality left back in the near future, but perhaps in 3-5 years time he will be good enough to play for a newly promoted club or be a squad player  for clubs our sort of standard.

Trotta - I personally don't believe he will reach premiership standard. If he bags 15 goals in the championship next season then maybe I will change my view.

Kasami - I think with the right man management and coaching he will be good enough to play in the Premiership in the next couple of years. Think we need to see him on the bench and playing 20-30 mins here and there next season.

Kaca - good enough to be our left winger next season I think and I believe he will develop into a decent premiership/international player. When you're that age it's all about confidence, if he has a bad game he can't be dropped, need to ride out the odd bad game here and there as its just part of development.

Frei - Think possibly a season behind Kaca and a loan move to a decent club would serve him well, possibly developed into a no. 10 type player as opposed to a winger. Will develop into a Prem standard player IMO.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on June 16, 2013, 06:38:49 PM
Quote from: JHunter_Fulham4Life on June 16, 2013, 04:48:00 PM

Not at Fulham you wont

im not being a defeatist, im being a realist, if Jol rated Kassami, hed of played more than he has, if Briggs was good enough, Richardson and Emanuelson wouldnt of been played at left back, and Kaca will be sold

Agree about the first two, not sure about the last. If we get a good offer and/or he kicks up a fuss he will but otherwise not. I would be surprised to see Spurs put a serious bid in. There's no doubt he's a big talent but he's far from being the finished product, besides they have Andros Townsend who looks good and is English.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: OnlyTwoMoussaDembeles on June 16, 2013, 06:20:14 PM
Why is no one mentioning Jack Grimmer? Correct me please if I am wrong, but isnt he under 21 skipper? I have no idea how good he is, but at his age it would be a good idea to be getting 20 minutes here and there, and try fast track him into the first team. Pretty sure he is a CM/CDM so it would be good to use him as depth seeing as we are so weak there

Big step up. I trust Jol's judgement on this. He will no doubt be informed by Steve Wigley of who might be ready to make that step up.

Matt Inglis

There's only one Emma's burger stand.

filham

Quote from: Matt Inglis on June 16, 2013, 08:21:24 PM
For Trotta and Briggs I would guess it's a no.

Watford fans seem to be giving the thumbs down to Briggs after his loan spell there. They blame him for some critical lapses in concentration in defence. Sounds familiar.

Deanothefulhamfan

Dan Burn needs to be added to that list.... Im sure he will go back on loan at Yeovil in the championship next season, but within a couple of years he could be a starter for our first team.... Kaca is def good enough

Black, White and Fred

Quote from: OnlyTwoMoussaDembeles on June 16, 2013, 06:20:14 PM

Grimmer is a centre back and surely Dan Burn will break through first, given his recent successful loan spell
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996