watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Worth a punt?

Started by OnlyTwoMoussaDembeles, June 16, 2013, 06:43:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OnlyTwoMoussaDembeles

I saw something on twitter today saying who had scored the most goals in european football this season, and obviously Messi and Ronaldo were the first two but in about 4th was a player called Hosiner with 40 goals. I googled this player and he plays in the Austria league. He is 24 and meant to be a proper poucher who is quite quick as well. He seems to be rated about 2 million. Surely for 2 million he is worth a punt? Could be utter shite but for the moment of goals he was scored he derserves a chance at the highest level? As a impact sub he could be like how Erik Nevland used to be. Opinions? And also anybody whos knows anything about him please comment

cmg

Interesting. I'd never heard of him, but, as you say, his record looks interesting. There's this clip on Youtube which is rather remarkable. Most Youtube clips are filled with outrageous 30 yard goals and all sorts of fancy dannery which makes the subject look like a mixture between Superman and Maradonna. Not this bloke - all he does is poke the ball into the net from 8 to 6 yards away. This, of course, would do us quite nicely. Whether or not he could do it in a league which favours marking and defenders who defend, neither of which seem to be in fashion in the Austrian Bundesliga, is another matter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBA1kxv2J-A#ws

OnlyTwoMoussaDembeles

Quote from: cmg on June 16, 2013, 08:06:48 PM
Interesting. I'd never heard of him, but, as you say, his record looks interesting. There's this clip on Youtube which is rather remarkable. Most Youtube clips are filled with outrageous 30 yard goals and all sorts of fancy dannery which makes the subject look like a mixture between Superman and Maradonna. Not this bloke - all he does is poke the ball into the net from 8 to 6 yards away. This, of course, would do us quite nicely. Whether or not he could do it in a league which favours marking and defenders who defend, neither of which seem to be in fashion in the Austrian Bundesliga, is another matter.

Surely worth an enquiry, even a trial?

The Wild Goat

Quote from: OnlyTwoMoussaDembeles on June 17, 2013, 03:38:28 PM
Quote from: cmg on June 16, 2013, 08:06:48 PM

Surely worth an enquiry, even a trial?

I think you're right he's definitely worth considering, as has been said all his goals seem to be 6-8 yards unspectacular affairs but isn't that what we've missed?

westcliff white

im not sure we can afford to take a punt. we need a creative midfield player so we should be looking for that as a priority
Every day is a Fulham day

ffcbulgaria

Well since moving to Austria the Bundesliga here didn't catch my eye really. Its very similar to the football in Bulgaria with 2 big teams from the capital city and one more strong team. This year Rapid Vienna was also absolutely terrible for the second half of the season which means it was a 2team race (Austria Vienna and Red Bull Salzburg) in which Austria had a 13pt lead at some point. In general the level is quite low and that can be seen once they enter the European cups where the teams seem to not perform too well. Also if it can be any sign for the teams in the Bundesliga - this year a team from 3rd division knocked out the 3 "giants" out of the cup with Austria failing to score in the final.

He has 28 in the league which would suggest if he scored total of 40 that 12 were vs some terrible opponents (which also seems to refer to the last 4 teams in the league :P )
Still a good record but i'm sure there are players in League 1 and 2 with close enough records.

God The Mechanic

Quote from: ffcbulgaria on June 17, 2013, 04:42:24 PM
He has 28 in the league which would suggest if he scored total of 40 that 12 were vs some terrible opponents (which also seems to refer to the last 4 teams in the league :P )
Still a good record but i'm sure there are players in League 1 and 2 with close enough records.

Yeah, they're the likes of Jordan Rhodes and cost £8million :P

ffcbulgaria

Quote from: God The Mechanic on June 17, 2013, 05:09:28 PM
Yeah, they're the likes of Jordan Rhodes and cost £8million :P

Well out of 28..... 17 goals vs the bottom 3 in a league that's not of high standard. (and 5 more vs the team in 6th)

I'd say 2million would be better spent elsewhere or that Woodrow could do better! Won't even consider how many Dembele could score :)

EJL

He scored ten braces and two hat-tricks last season. Impressive.

ffcbulgaria

Just to compare it with another player who did the same.

In 08-09 Marc Janko (a former Fulham target as well with rumours arising when he was at Twente later) scored 38goals in the league.
Moves to Twente where he gets 24 goals over 2 seasons. He then moves to Porto but just half a season later ends up at Trabzonspor in Turkey.

Like I said above: scoring in Austrian Bundesliga and mostly vs the worst teams does not neccessarily mean he's top quality and more so good enough for the Premiership

God The Mechanic

Quote from: ffcbulgaria on June 18, 2013, 12:46:56 PM
Like I said above: scoring in Austrian Bundesliga and mostly vs the worst teams does not neccessarily mean he's top quality and more so good enough for the Premiership

I don't think anyone is expecting top quality from him, or at least I hope not :P  however, if he acts as a supersub style player who bags a few goals here and there from tap ins and short range headers etc, then he could be a decent signing.  Nevland-esque as someone mentioned, or even le Fondre.

sunburywhite

David Healy on a free - must be worth a punt

Northern Ireland's record goalscorer David Healy admits he still is not sure where he will be playing next season.

The former Fulham and Rangers striker was released at the end of the season by Bury following their relegation to League Two.
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Enter the Frei

I hope we take a look at him, looks pretty much exactly what we need from that video as long as he's happy to spend some time on the bench. Would love it if we signed someone like him although I can't really judge as I've only seen that video, but he looks the exact style and price of player I'd like to see us sign.