NFR Congratulations Justin Rose

Started by TheDaddy, June 17, 2013, 12:39:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheDaddy

Only taken 43 years "Well done son"
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

fulhamben

how good was his 18th, deserved birdie
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Fernhurst

Yes, many congratulations Justin.
Thought the golfing gods were going against you when Mickleson sunk that chip.

How many tournaments have been won with a score over par???

What a course
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Lighthouse

What a shame it wasn't more widely shown. This is a wonderful achievment by a young man who has been on the verge of something big since he became a Pro. But have yet to see the moments that made this the biggest achievment of the Summer so far. I use the term Summer in the losest of contexts.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

cmg

An excellent achievement. Congratulations to him.

I hope he found a few words of consolation for Phil Mickelson. Mickelson's reaction to Rose's 'wonder putt' and subsequent victory over him in the Ryder Cup was one of the finest examples of sportsmanship I have seen in an international contest.

fulhamben

Quote from: Lighthouse on June 17, 2013, 02:42:45 PM
What a shame it wasn't more widely shown. This is a wonderful achievment by a young man who has been on the verge of something big since he became a Pro. But have yet to see the moments that made this the biggest achievment of the Summer so far. I use the term Summer in the losest of contexts.
inbetween adverts, skysports were showing little clips (mostly delayed footage) of the golf

RidgeRider

surprised it is not more widely televised over there as it is a major and usually the most difficult setup. Well done for Justin. Agree he has been in the verge for some time. Felt bad for Phil as that is his 5th second place at the US Open but he has won a few majors so nice to see another young player get one.

fulhamben

Quote from: RidgeRider on June 17, 2013, 05:54:25 PM

surprised it is not more widely televised over there as it is a major and usually the most difficult setup. Well done for Justin. Agree he has been in the verge for some time. Felt bad for Phil as that is his 5th second place at the US Open but he has won a few majors so nice to see another young player get one.
it was his 6th second place.

MikeR

Quote from: TheDaddy on June 17, 2013, 12:39:56 AM
Only taken 43 years "Well done son"
That long since Tony Jacklin? Seems like not so long ago. I remember him whacking a sleeve of balls into the Thames after he got famous for winning the '69 Open. That would probably violate some anti-pollution law nowadays.
http://www.britishpathe.com/video/tony-jacklins-record-drive-attempt
We are here and it is now. Further than that, all human knowledge is moonshine. - H. L. Mencken

SoCalJoe

As other stated, that is really surprising more wasn't shown over there. Next month when the Open Championship is played at Muirfield ESPN over here will probably televise 4 or 5 hours each of the first two days and the entire 18 of all the leaders on the weekend. Clutch 18 by Rose and a deserving winner. Felt really bad for Phil as this was probably his last best chance at winning the one tournament he wants more than any other (6 runner ups).
You can observe a lot by just watching.

Lighthouse

We used to have a really wide coverage on the BBC. I think we had live radio commentary on the BBC at that's all this year.  I don't have SKY etc but I guess the rights to the golf were elsewhere.

bucksfulham

Quote from: SoCalJoe on June 18, 2013, 01:05:43 AM

As other stated, that is really surprising more wasn't shown over there. Next month when the Open Championship is played at Muirfield ESPN over here will probably televise 4 or 5 hours each of the first two days and the entire 18 of all the leaders on the weekend. Clutch 18 by Rose and a deserving winner. Felt really bad for Phil as this was probably his last best chance at winning the one tournament he wants more than any other (6 runner ups).
Sky Sports showed 7 hours each day. What more coverage could they have given?
I thought Rose handled the post tournament interviews brilliantly with kind words and great respect for "leftie".

Lighthouse

Quote from: bucksfulham on June 18, 2013, 02:09:39 PM
Quote from: SoCalJoe on June 18, 2013, 01:05:43 AM

Sky Sports showed 7 hours each day. What more coverage could they have given?
I thought Rose handled the post tournament interviews brilliantly with kind words and great respect for "leftie".

As I said I don't have SKY and it is a great shame a smaller audience have to pay to see what we used to see for the cost of one licence fee.

fulhamben

Quote from: Lighthouse on June 18, 2013, 10:51:35 AM
We used to have a really wide coverage on the BBC. I think we had live radio commentary on the BBC at that's all this year.  I don't have SKY etc but I guess the rights to the golf were elsewhere.
bbc will do the open thank god. anyway skys coverage apart from bloody adverts was good this year. the one i hate is the masters as the draconians their still only allow something like 4 hours tv coverage per day. by far the worst major and should be swapped with tpc just so the rest of the world can see it.