watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Riether & Dejagah - watch this video

Started by Brede Butter Pudding, June 17, 2013, 10:55:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brede Butter Pudding

On his official Facebook page Berbatov has posted a video of his 15 goals for Fulham last season. I love videos like these anyway, particularly when goals like the one he scored against Stoke fly in, but notice how many times Riether and Dejagah combine down our right hand side and either assist or play a major role in the goals. Obviously they haven't just assisted Berbatov goals, they've played a part in many other goals, but I think it shows what a strong partnership they have formed, and hopefully will continue to form, down our right hand side. I also think losing Dejagah to injury for much of the tail end of the season was a major reason behind our struggling to score many goals and I can't wait to see him and Riether flying down our right wing next season.

Berbatov - All 15 Goals Of Season 2012/2013

Northern Cottager

How good was Kaca against West Brom! We have to keep hold of him.

Zu-Meister

cmg

If you ask nicely and don't give him too much of a hard time, he might start scoring them down the Hammersmith End too.

fulhamben

Quote from: Northern Cottager on June 17, 2013, 11:15:52 AM
How good was Kaca against West Brom! We have to keep hold of him.
he was better away to swansea.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

General

They were on the same wing and same team for Wolfsburg when Wolfsburg won the bundesliga ... They probably no each other inside out by now.

Holders

I agree about Dejagah's injury contributing to the lousy results towards the end of the season.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

CanadianCottager

Dejagah Riether was by far the most impressive combination on the field for Fulham last year, by their own, Riether and Dejagah were important but when they were the on the field together they were probably the most productive players on the attack, arguably as much as Ruiz Berba

Fulham1959

CurryForMario

He gets the ball, he scores a goal, he loves to play for Martin Jol - Dimitar Berbatov - Fulham's Number Nine!

farfouille

QuoteBerbatov - All 15 Goals Of Season 2012/2013

It would be nice to see the conceded goals too:
Senderos - All 15 Conceded Goals Of Season 2012/2013 (Bonus: a few "assists" from Baird)

067.gif
"Everybody's assuming [Berbatov will go] but as far as I know he is a Man United player....my mistake. Oh my God. He's a Fulham player."
- Rene Meulensteen

Enter the Frei

you can see the patch of mid season form Dejagah and Riether hit in that video. In the middle of it pretty much every goal is made by those two, the highlights being the Stoke and Spurs goals where they combined brilliantly.

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: cmg on June 17, 2013, 12:34:30 PM

If you ask nicely and don't give him too much of a hard time, he might start scoring them down the Hammersmith End too.

That really did annoy me last season. All the goals he scored were at the other end to me. Imagine how happy I was when he raced through against Swansea and rounded Vorm, I lost my metaphorical s**t
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

IranianCottager

I posted about a week ago here that Dejagah was rumored to have been fit for Iran's crucial World Cup qualifier match @ South Korea tomorrow (June 18), but unfortunately, this is not true and he is not fully fit yet, although I believe he has begun training.

Wish us luck! A win guarantees we make the World Cup, and even a tie should 95% see us through as well! Kick-off at 8:00 AM Eastern time, or 13:00 London time.

millsy

Great to watch but does the fact that virtually all of Berba's home goals were scored in first half I.e. at Putney end, suggest that he either tires later, or maybe loses interest? Can't believe its the former as he doesn't really exert himself. Frustration maybe, as the game develops and he forays ever deeper to try to get more of the ball?

Must be a reason. Can't just be coincidence can it?

ffcbulgaria

Quote from: millsy on June 17, 2013, 11:05:12 PM
Great to watch but does the fact that virtually all of Berba's home goals were scored in first half I.e. at Putney end, suggest that he either tires later, or maybe loses interest? Can't believe its the former as he doesn't really exert himself. Frustration maybe, as the game develops and he forays ever deeper to try to get more of the ball?

Must be a reason. Can't just be coincidence can it?

interesting question!

maybe we should try playing for 0-0 in the first 45 minutes each game and then bring on Berba? :P

valdeingruo

Did anyone else find Ruiz's reaction to his volley against stoke funny?

Dimitar Berbatov Hat-Trick vs Liverpool - 2010 - (HD)

Dimitar Berbatov All 20 Goals Of Season 2010/2011-Top Scorer EPL

this is why we need a really good midfield. were missing one piece
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

zschwartz

very nice compilation and yes.. broken record time: certainly a great combination between riether/dejagah. if we could get an overlapping left back to combine with kaca and one or two well rounded CM we'd be firing on all cylinders and pretty close to formidable. seems like dembele has been absent a lot longer than he actually has been.

valdeingruo

Quote from: zschwartz on June 18, 2013, 06:34:48 AM
very nice compilation and yes.. broken record time: certainly a great combination between riether/dejagah. if we could get an overlapping left back to combine with kaca and one or two well rounded CM we'd be firing on all cylinders and pretty close to formidable. seems like dembele has been absent a lot longer than he actually has been. 

The funny thing about dembele that he was a silky player up front with no end product. However once Jol moved him to midfield he was brilliant. I think this is the kind of transfer we need to make, someone who has the skill set but isn't necessarily playing in the proper posititon. It is my guess he would still be here if that move wasn't made. We tried the same with Ruiz with different results but I think we can do it again for the right price.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

zschwartz

Quote from: andersons11 on June 18, 2013, 08:25:34 AM
The funny thing about dembele that he was a silky player up front with no end product. However once Jol moved him to midfield he was brilliant. I think this is the kind of transfer we need to make, someone who has the skill set but isn't necessarily playing in the proper posititon. It is my guess he would still be here if that move wasn't made. We tried the same with Ruiz with different results but I think we can do it again for the right price.

Ya, surely fine with that. however there are a lot of quality center mids out there we could also get for 3-6m.  pool converting kuyt from striker to winger i think is another example. hell, i'd still take kuyt as a sub on the wing or up top.

i am not entirely convinced the ruiz cm experiment failed... at least to the degree the general consensus states. With the proper cdm partner his negative attributes could be significantly lessened. We drop so low currently he's effectively playing that position already.