more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ruiz to Stoke?

Started by OnlyTwoMoussaDembeles, June 17, 2013, 05:03:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ffc73

Quote from: FFC73 on June 17, 2013, 05:57:21 PM
It won't happen though and to believe it is a bit akin to King .... trying to stop the tide coming in. 

Dear Ridgerider.  Apparently the King who ruled in Denmark, England, Norway and parts of Sweden in circa 1016 I was referring to was also known as Canute.  No offence was intended when I posted his more commonly spelt name that when rearranged can present a problem on a civilised message board

fulhamben

Quote from: Humbled on June 17, 2013, 06:34:09 PM
new look defence wont score goals....
i DO believe Berba is the problem i agree but now he is here i have to play my better players and i feel he is better currently than Ruiz.
There is a couple of things they are just as good at but Ruiz has nothing he is better than Berba at (in terms of strength, in the air, finishing) for me
As i said though if it was my choice it would be 1 or the other with a pacey off the shoulder striker

and yet the stats and performances do not back up your sugestion that berba is better in the hole. we wasnt great at all last season but we was diabolicale when ruiz was injured. and we scored lots of goals last season and threw away god knows how many wins, so a defence that can defend is far more important than a defence that can score goals
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

RidgeRider

Quote from: FFC73 on June 17, 2013, 06:46:37 PM
Quote from: FFC73 on June 17, 2013, 05:57:21 PM
It won't happen though and to believe it is a bit akin to King .... trying to stop the tide coming in. 

Dear Ridgerider.  Apparently the King who ruled in Denmark, England, Norway and parts of Sweden in circa 1016 I was referring to was also known as Canute.  No offence was intended when I posted his more commonly spelt name that when rearranged can present a problem on a civilised message board

No offense taken. Just doing my job.

Cravenawin

We've got more chance of signing Ronaldo than Ruiz going to Stoke.

Humbled

Quote from: fulhamben on June 17, 2013, 06:53:25 PM
Quote from: Humbled on June 17, 2013, 06:34:09 PM
new look defence wont score goals....
i DO believe Berba is the problem i agree but now he is here i have to play my better players and i feel he is better currently than Ruiz.
There is a couple of things they are just as good at but Ruiz has nothing he is better than Berba at (in terms of strength, in the air, finishing) for me
As i said though if it was my choice it would be 1 or the other with a pacey off the shoulder striker

and yet the stats and performances do not back up your sugestion that berba is better in the hole. we wasnt great at all last season but we was diabolicale when ruiz was injured. and we scored lots of goals last season and threw away god knows how many wins, so a defence that can defend is far more important than a defence that can score goals

again i see what ur saying but we also
Scored more, let in less and gained more points when a striker played ahead of either Berba or Ruiz than when it was just them 2....

alfie

Quote from: rusty shackleford on June 17, 2013, 05:07:53 PM
Are all 9 of them gonna form a circle barrier around him and foul anyone who dares come near him while he danders up the field under their protection

I cannot blame any stoke player for the way they play, after all it keeps getting said on here that it is the manager who dictates the play, so they could only have being doing what they were told to.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

St Eve

I suppose stranger things have happened in football, but I can't see Stoke paying what we paid, and why on earth would Ruiz leave London and a manager he knows, to go to Stoke and play for someone like Hughes

Deanothefulhamfan

I wouldnt be bothered if we got rid of him for 9 mill plus.... Didnt think he had a good season

EJL

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on June 17, 2013, 07:21:36 PM
I wouldnt be bothered if we got rid of him for 9 mill plus.... Didnt think he had a good season
Who would you bring in to play behind the striker?

Deanothefulhamfan

I would put berba in behind the striker, and have a quick poacher up top.... someone like a defoe / Kone....  Something has to change in the attacking third thats for sure

filham

This has to be rumourmongering at its wildest and most insane.

However if Riuz was to move on we would want to recover the money we payed for him plus our costs in hardening him up for the premiership.

Ruiz has his short comings and there must be improvements in his match play this season but the hard fact is that he is the best we have in the role he plays. Remember last season when he was injured, we had no one to fill the gap he left and our form suffered badly.

Humbled

Quote from: filham on June 17, 2013, 07:37:46 PM

However if Riuz was to move on we would want to recover the money we payed for him plus our costs in hardening him up for the premiership.

Ruiz has his short comings and there must be improvements in his match play this season but the hard fact is that he is the best we have in the role he plays. Remember last season when he was injured, we had no one to fill the gap he left and our form suffered badly.

prem games last season without Ruiz in the starting 11 -
played 15 won 4 drew 5 lost 6 - 17 points.....

EDIT - sorry i made a slight mistake as in 2 of the gameshe did start but with a striker (petric or Rodders) so i misread it.... so new stats -

Played 12 - Won 4 Drew 3 Lost 5 - 15 points!!

fulhamben

Quote from: Humbled on June 17, 2013, 07:48:36 PM

its when you look at who we played it becomes intresting. think we only lost to teams in the top 6 when ruiz played and lost to a whole load of crap when he didnt

Humbled

Quote from: fulhamben on June 17, 2013, 07:59:35 PM

its when you look at who we played it becomes intresting. think we only lost to teams in the top 6 when ruiz played and lost to a whole load of crap when he didnt

0.3 west ham
3.0 west brom
2.1 wigan
1.0 villa
3.3 reading
0.1 stoke
0.0 chelsea
0.3 spurs
2.1 newcastle
1.2 qpr
0.4 liverpool (berba played up front on his own)
1.1 sothampton

fulhamben

Quote from: Humbled on June 17, 2013, 08:10:01 PM

0.3 west ham
3.0 west brom
2.1 wigan
1.0 villa
3.3 reading
0.1 stoke
0.0 chelsea
0.3 spurs
2.1 newcastle
1.2 qpr
1.1 sothampton
what am i looking at here?

Humbled

Quote from: fulhamben on June 17, 2013, 08:15:35 PM

0.3 west ham
3.0 west brom
2.1 wigan
1.0 villa
3.3 reading
0.1 stoke
0.0 chelsea
0.3 spurs
2.1 newcastle
1.2 qpr
1.1 sothampton

not everything is to prove u wrong.... i simply listed the games where he either didnt play at all or started as sub!!

fulhamben

Quote from: Humbled on June 17, 2013, 08:19:13 PM

0.3 west ham
3.0 west brom
2.1 wigan
1.0 villa
3.3 reading
0.1 stoke
0.0 chelsea
0.3 spurs
2.1 newcastle
1.2 qpr
1.1 sothampton

not everything is to prove u wrong.... i simply listed the games where he either didnt play at all or started as sub!!
if you get time put up the ones we lost when he played, not counting sunderland as he came off well early at 0 0. im 99% sure we only lost to top 6 and once against a very good swansea team

Humbled

Quote from: fulhamben on June 17, 2013, 08:22:11 PM

0.3 west ham
3.0 west brom
2.1 wigan
1.0 villa
3.3 reading
0.1 stoke
0.0 chelsea
0.3 spurs
2.1 newcastle
1.2 qpr
1.1 sothampton

if you get time put up the ones we lost when he played, not counting sunderland as he came off well early at 0 0. im 99% sure we only lost to top 6 and once against a very good swansea team

Man United, Man city, Sunderland, Swansea, Man City, Man United, Newcastle, Chelsea, Arsenal, Everton, Reading, Liverpool

fulhamben

Quote from: Humbled on June 17, 2013, 08:31:09 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on June 17, 2013, 08:22:11 PM

0.3 west ham
3.0 west brom
2.1 wigan
1.0 villa
3.3 reading
0.1 stoke
0.0 chelsea
0.3 spurs
2.1 newcastle
1.2 qpr
1.1 sothampton

Man United, Man city, Sunderland, Swansea, Man City, Man United, Newcastle, Chelsea, Arsenal, Everton, Reading, Liverpool
like i say, im not counting sunderland, but reading one was poor but the others (maybe toon away) are all games we would only hope to get something out of.

Humbled

we scored more let in less and gained more points when we played a STRIKER with Berba or Ruiz or even with both!!