watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ruiz to Stoke?

Started by OnlyTwoMoussaDembeles, June 17, 2013, 05:03:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OnlyTwoMoussaDembeles

Just seen apparently this is in the pipeline? (On twitter obviously so probably no truth in it) but if Sparky pays the amount we played for him, would you be happy to see him go? Even though I dont think we have seen the best of Byram, him not using his right foot is really starting to annoy me. He is a luxury player, but we have the best in Berbatov and in my opinion you cant have two in one team so surely it would be good to cash in now and reinvest in a new midfielder, LB and I good impact sub striker.

rusty shackleford

Are all 9 of them gonna form a circle barrier around him and foul anyone who dares come near him while he danders up the field under their protection

Northern Cottager

I'd be devastated for him if he ended up at Stoke. Awful club that not many Fulham players deserve to end up at.

fulhamben

Quote from: OnlyTwoMoussaDembeles on June 17, 2013, 05:03:16 PM
Just seen apparently this is in the pipeline? (On twitter obviously so probably no truth in it) but if Sparky pays the amount we played for him, would you be happy to see him go? Even though I dont think we have seen the best of Byram, him not using his right foot is really starting to annoy me. He is a luxury player, but we have the best in Berbatov and in my opinion you cant have two in one team so surely it would be good to cash in now and reinvest in a new midfielder, LB and I good impact sub striker.
didnt he score one with his right foot. and if we are just gonna dump one footed players then we would have a very small squad. ruiz is our most creative player and would be a huge loss
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Apprentice to the Maestro

This really is silly season stuff.

I suppose everyone has their price but I can't see any circumstances in which Ruiz would consider moving to Stoke, even post-Pulis when there would be so many other places where he could better further his career.

General

I am on the fence.. Ruiz obviously has a lot more to offer and I think another season might be the season in when it clocks for him... I think jol though would go apeshizer if he was sold. He seems to love the guy.

simplyfulham

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on June 17, 2013, 05:17:24 PM
This really is silly season stuff.

I suppose everyone has their price but I can't see any circumstances in which Ruiz would consider moving to Stoke, even post-Pulis when there would be so many other places where he could better further his career.

:plus one:

EJL

Without meaning to have a go at the original poster, someone give me one good reason for Ruiz going to Stoke.

Bryanthebroom

I guess if we could get the same amount of money for him - then yes. But we wouldn't get that amount for him, and I doubt we'd get anyone who's as good to replace him.

He's such a cracking passer of the ball and there's so much potential there. Anyway, we'd be crazy to let the only player under 30 in our first team go.

Humbled

with the squad we have i feel he is a Berba back up.... would be a shame to see him go as after this season we will need to replace Berba and he could do that but if the offer was 10 million - SELL

fulhamben

Quote from: Humbled on June 17, 2013, 05:28:43 PM
with the squad we have i feel he is a Berba back up.... would be a shame to see him go as after this season we will need to replace Berba and he could do that but if the offer was 10 million - SELL
berba back up? when has ruiz played as an out and out striker. or are you suggesting berba play in the hole? of which case this season has proved ruiz is far better at that than berba

Humbled

Quote from: fulhamben on June 17, 2013, 05:33:01 PM
berba back up? when has ruiz played as an out and out striker. or are you suggesting berba play in the hole? of which case this season has proved ruiz is far better at that than berba

like other threads where u have questioned me on this exact same issue - i would play

4.2.3.1 and Ruiz would not be in my starting 11....... i shouldnt have put "the squad we have" as i was assuming we would be signing a STRIKER!!
However that being said even last season i would have had Rodders ahead of Berba or Ruiz but most disagree with that (having Rodders in there i mean)

im not sure about having him as one of the deeper midfielders and i think we have better wide players so that leaves the deeper of the 2 attackers in which i would stick Berba OR him!!

If i was going by age and attitude i would prob prefer Berba to go but 1, u wont get 10miilion for Berba and 2, in terms of skill, brains and finishing Berba is currently better

I hope u now understand my opinion, you do NOT have to agree with it...

RidgeRider

well, I just took a gander on twitter and all I can find is what appear to be no journalists or players saying they heard a rumor of Ruiz and Stoke but no originating source. This appears made up. Plus Hughes plays 'bully ball' when he doesn't have a lot of dough to spend.....Blackburn.

CanadianCottager

Guarantee this is just the result of some wacky bet that the Stoke boardroom made Hughes that he couldn't find a more awkwardly lanky forward than Crouch

ffc73

So we have moved from "silly" to "insane" rumours or even made up nonsense.

Why are we going to Costa Rica?  Oh yes.  We are using the marketing opportunity of having their no1 player to enhance the FFC brand in the Americas.  Pray tell.  Will we be accepting Stoke's bid before or after our pre-season tour?

I understand Humbled's and others view.  I even have empathy with it.  It won't happen though and to believe it is a bit akin to King .... trying to stop the tide coming in.  

Jol = Ruiz + Berba.  

fulhamben

Quote from: Humbled on June 17, 2013, 05:37:24 PM

like other threads where u have questioned me on this exact same issue - i would play

4.2.3.1 and Ruiz would not be in my starting 11....... i shouldnt have put "the squad we have" as i was assuming we would be signing a STRIKER!!
However that being said even last season i would have had Rodders ahead of Berba or Ruiz but most disagree with that (having Rodders in there i mean)

im not sure about having him as one of the deeper midfielders and i think we have better wide players so that leaves the deeper of the 2 attackers in which i would stick Berba OR him!!

If i was going by age and attitude i would prob prefer Berba to go but 1, u wont get 10miilion for Berba and 2, in terms of skill, brains and finishing Berba is currently better

well of course i dont agree with it as i dont think berba managed one assist or even a goal when he played behind a striker. and sorry should have guessed you meant we would have signed a striker, but who will we get when there is a good chance he will just be a bench boy

Humbled

Quote from: FFC73 on June 17, 2013, 05:57:21 PM
So we have moved from "silly" to "insane" rumours or even made up nonsense.

Why are we going to Costa Rica?  Oh yes.  We are using the marketing opportunity of having their no1 player to enhance the FFC brand in the Americas.  Pray tell.  Will we be accepting Stoke's bid before or after our pre-season tour?

I understand Humbled's and others view.  I even have empathy with it.  It won't happen though and to believe it is a bit akin to King .... trying to stop the tide coming in.  

Jol = Ruiz + Berba.  

:plus one:

Humbled

Quote from: fulhamben on June 17, 2013, 06:00:34 PM

well of course i dont agree with it as i dont think berba managed one assist or even a goal when he played behind a striker. and sorry should have guessed you meant we would have signed a striker, but who will we get when there is a good chance he will just be a bench boy

no idea when he got his assists mate, he got 3 in total compared to Ruiz 7 but going by the slating Duff has been getting i dont think assists mean much as he got 8 lol

for me it is nothing against Ruiz, he does get on my nerves as i feel he needs to be better. he has the potential but rarely do we get to see it.
Getting berba was nice but at the time a few people mentioned the fact he drops deep amongst other things and because he does that it takes away from Ruiz... they both have different starting points but both end up in the same hole.

i may be laughed at here but to try and give an exaple Lampard, Gerrard and Scholes are midfielders that get into a certain hole which either creates a chance for them or someone else by drawing out a centre half however again completely IMO when they all play with Rooney he almost removes that hole for much of the game as he starts up top but drops into this "hole" so it actually makes their style of play less effective

to combat it for us you either have to convince Berba to stay on the shoulder of the defender which 100% regardless of the midfield he has WILL NOT happen or you have to play another striker and allow berba to play his usual game or Ruiz instead of berba if u prefer

if u see Jo's goal for brazil the other night and imagine either of our attackers (Ruiz or Berba) being Jo neither of them would have made the run beyond the defender. they would have both held their run and demanded the ball to feet, we require a striker that will run beyond the defence centrally.

fulhamben

Quote from: Humbled on June 17, 2013, 06:16:55 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on June 17, 2013, 06:00:34 PM

no idea when he got his assists mate, he got 3 in total compared to Ruiz 7 but going by the slating Duff has been getting i dont think assists mean much as he got 8 lol

for me it is nothing against Ruiz, he does get on my nerves as i feel he needs to be better. he has the potential but rarely do we get to see it.
Getting berba was nice but at the time a few people mentioned the fact he drops deep amongst other things and because he does that it takes away from Ruiz... they both have different starting points but both end up in the same hole.

i may be laughed at here but to try and give an exaple Lampard, Gerrard and Scholes are midfielders that get into a certain hole which either creates a chance for them or someone else by drawing out a centre half however again completely IMO when they all play with Rooney he almost removes that hole for much of the game as he starts up top but drops into this "hole" so it actually makes their style of play less effective

to combat it for us you either have to convince Berba to stay on the shoulder of the defender which 100% regardless of the midfield he has WILL NOT happen or you have to play another striker and allow berba to play his usual game or Ruiz instead of berba if u prefer

if u see Jo's goal for brazil the other night and imagine either of our attackers (Ruiz or Berba) being Jo neither of them would have made the run beyond the defender. they would have both held their run and demanded the ball to feet, we require a striker that will run beyond the defence centrally.
fair enough on the striker front, but i still dont see how berba is anywhere near as good in the hole than ruiz is. and you have answered your own questions by stating berba is the problem by not staying in his position. personally id like to start them both again as when we have kaca left and ashkan right the system looks very good. and we will turn those draws into victories with our new look defence

Humbled

new look defence wont score goals....
i DO believe Berba is the problem i agree but now he is here i have to play my better players and i feel he is better currently than Ruiz.
There is a couple of things they are just as good at but Ruiz has nothing he is better than Berba at (in terms of strength, in the air, finishing) for me
As i said though if it was my choice it would be 1 or the other with a pacey off the shoulder striker