Previous topic - Next topic

JackyFulham90

Looks like Diarra will turn down Jols offer of the chance to earn a new deal

Berserker

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Ruiz11

In Jol's first season in charge, we had Dembele, Murphy and a fully fit Diarra to pick from in central midfield (the latter towards the end anyway). Next season we will have two central midfielders in the entire squad: Sidwell and Boateng. Very average indeed.

alexbishop

that would be a bit cheeky given all the money we have invested in him getting him fit again, dare I say it but I feel he owes the club on some level...
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

JBH

Quote from: Ruiz11 on June 19, 2013, 08:08:14 AM
In Jol's first season in charge, we had Dembele, Murphy and a fully fit Diarra to pick from in central midfield (the latter towards the end anyway). Next season we will have two central midfielders in the entire squad: Sidwell and Boateng. Very average indeed.

Jol still has a lot of time this window to bring in what he needs

Admin

To bring players in, we need to ship players out. It's not about how much a player costs, it's also how much his wages are, and whether we have room on the wage bill to support them.

Diarra for example has to be on 40k a week, plus being a free agent must demand a heft signing on fee.

If we are to bring in 2 creative midfielders of any quality, then 2 or more players will have to make way on the wage bill.

Getting rid of Diarra, Baird and the Greek makes absolute sense to me as it frees up around 100k's worth of wages -providing we bring in other quality.

I wouldn't be to sure if the club has offered Diarra a new deal in his current state and they've more likely told him he can start looking for another club.