watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Be Careful About Your August Holiday Date

Started by filham, June 19, 2013, 07:55:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

If you have booked a holiday that means you are away on 24th August then you will have to wait all the way until 14th September for your 1st premier match at the Cottage, this seems a long way off.

We seem to have a free week again early in September, I imagine that is an international break

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

Have the TV companies had a go at the fixtures yet?

Kell

Damn. I am at a wedding for the Arsenal game but on my hols the first 2 weeks in September. so should not be too bad

leonffc

Quote from: Edwatch_Winston_Malone on June 19, 2013, 08:42:10 PM
Have the TV companies had a go at the fixtures yet?

I'm sure I read somewhere yesterday that they stick their oar in on 8th July

F(f)CUK

Part of my holiday each year includes watching a Fulham game on TV. I am usually surrounded by the opposition supporters, sitting in a bar and chatting to anyone and everyone in Mediterranean heat. Usually most enjoyable.

King_Crud

I'm happy with the start, playig cricket takes priority for me and this season there is not much cross over

filham

Quote from: Kell on June 19, 2013, 09:14:23 PM
Damn. I am at a wedding for the Arsenal game but on my hols the first 2 weeks in September. so should not be too bad
I was married in September 1962 and missed Fulham's 1-1 draw with Arsenal. I regularly remind my wife of the sacrifice I made for her.

leonffc

Quote from: filham on June 20, 2013, 09:28:12 AM
Quote from: Kell on June 19, 2013, 09:14:23 PM
I was married in September 1962 and missed Fulham's 1-1 draw with Arsenal. I regularly remind my wife of the sacrifice I made for her.

I have no sympathy for anyone that gets married during the football season. Its not only the groom that misses out but the whole list of footy loving guests that probably slag off the 'happy couple' all morning whilst putting their suits / outfits on knowing theyll be couped up in a church when they should be at the game or in the pub  :dft011:

Northern Cottager

Quote from: F(f)CUK on June 20, 2013, 07:23:02 AM
Part of my holiday each year includes watching a Fulham game on TV. I am usually surrounded by the opposition supporters, sitting in a bar and chatting to anyone and everyone in Mediterranean heat. Usually most enjoyable.

I was away for the Man Utd game 2 years back. Sat in a pub full of what could of been any supporter until they scored and it was clear they were all Man Utd 'supporters' . Less than enjoyable!

filham

Quote from: Northern Cottager on June 20, 2013, 11:25:29 AM

I was away for the Man Utd game 2 years back. Sat in a pub full of what could of been any supporter until they scored and it was clear they were all Man Utd 'supporters' . Less than enjoyable!

Yes, in those situations the joy of having found somewhere showing the Fulham game is usually dimmed by finding you are the only Fulham fan present and then some wag saying " Oh a Fulham fan, that's funny we had the other one in here last week"

leonffc

Quote from: Northern Cottager on June 20, 2013, 11:25:29 AM

I was in Cornwall for our 2-2 draw with them. The place literally erupted when they scored both their goals. I gave a 'yesssss' for our first, remained calm for the pen save and cheered the last min equaliser.
They all stared like they believed there wasn't any other teams to support (in Cornwall) and one said "alright mate, calm down, you ain't won the World Cup!!"

malc

When my mate got married years back he made sure that he avoided the football season.However this was in the days of the "Home" internationals(anyone remember them?) and what he'd overlooked was that the day he chose to get married was the England v Scotland match

ffc73

Since the kids have grown to old to be going on holiday with their Dad I now avoid August.  Cheaper prices and you avoid the families.....grumpy old man time. Verona city break and walking in the Dolomites in the first 2-weeks of July for me.

If I take a September break it is arranged around the September international break as that's after the schools go back and you can get decent weather and prices

Still working on stopping the wife booking stuff to do at weekends until the tv fixtures are announced though and have my fingers crossed over a couple of fixtures not moving this autumn

filham

Quote from: FFC73 on June 20, 2013, 09:24:41 PM
Since the kids have grown to old to be going on holiday with their Dad I now avoid August.  Cheaper prices and you avoid the families.....grumpy old man time. Verona city break and walking in the Dolomites in the first 2-weeks of July for me.

If I take a September break it is arranged around the September international break as that's after the schools go back and you can get decent weather and prices

Still working on stopping the wife booking stuff to do at weekends until the tv fixtures are announced though and have my fingers crossed over a couple of fixtures not moving this autumn

I too have managed to hold off on certain commitments until the fixtures were announced but am finding it difficult to play for the further time that is now needed to allow for the YV meddling.