watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wither Suarez?

Started by Forever Fulham, June 22, 2013, 01:45:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Forever Fulham

What's the latest news on El Mordedor (The Biter)?  Last news I heard was that he stated he wanted out--even after the fans and the club stood by him and defended him.  Liverpool's standings on the table will quickly fall next season if he's not playing.  News of any inquiries or nibbles from other clubs?  Such an amazing talent, even if he is a despicable diver.  How often have you seen someone playing who had such desire to score, to win, to not lose, that he could momentarily lose all sense of decorum and do something wholly outrageous?  But that's really the question, isn't it?  When he dives, is it premeditated?  When he bit that defender, had he planned it out?  Or does a childlike state overtake him, and he acts before thinking?  I used to think it was the latter.  But I think diving is premeditated, so I've come around to thinking he also planned to bite, if need be, to free himself from close marking.

btings

If he goes, and I think he might, it will be to somewhere outside the Prem.  Warts and all he's a minor genius with the ball at his feet, and somebody will overpay him wage-wise.

Forever Fulham

I agree.  What a conundrum for that storied club.  After what Suarez said about wanting to leave, he didn't leave much wiggle room for the club but to perfume the pig and sell him off.  And because he has so much obvious talent, and is a proven producer, a clutch producer at that, buyers will likely rationalize his behaviour as momentary madness unlikely to repeat itself, and with fingers crossed, will shell over the big money for him.  And who knows, maybe because so much was made of the incident, with so much attendant publicity and commentary, maybe he's finally internalized it all and resolved to get a better handle on such impules.  Nahhh.

Burt

He has been linked with Real Madrid.

cebu

Quote from: Burt on June 22, 2013, 08:24:15 AM
He has been linked with Real Madrid.

That could be good for him. He'd get plenty of time on the bench - after all, everybody else seems to there.