watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

***FOF EXCLUSIVE*** A Virtual Audience with Tommy Guthrie

Started by Burt, June 25, 2013, 09:12:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scrumpy

A terrific read. Thanks Tommy for answering all of the questions and not just the easy ones.

Crikey, I never thought anyone at the Club would take much notice of the message boards. (I'm not sure why, because it makes perfect sense to keep a finger on the pulse). They must have loved some of the rubbish posted on the official board in years gone by. We do have a small minority of complete nutcases. :58:
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

The Equalizer

Another great bit of work from Burt and FoF! I thoroughly enjoyed that. And I'm also very pleased that I can now use a bottle top in the ground!

Who's up next?
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

TheDaddy

I blame the fizzy pop companies ! Now if all drinks receptacles were like a milk bottle (remember them) we wouldn't have had such a bottle top crisis .

Oh the Q+A FANTASTIC

Well done Burt and thank you Tom.

Benny Hill - Ernie (The Fastest Milkman In The West)
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

EJL

I want the next one to be a player because it would add some glamour and Fulhamness to FOF, but I also don't at the same time because their responses could be a bit muted.

LBNo11

...our thanks to Tommy and of course Burt for setting this up, the honest answers were much appreciated and further proves to me my impressions of him are well founded, a credit to his position, and the club, many thanks again...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Burt

I'm still waiting for the rubber glove merchant to come clean  :dft011:

The Equalizer

Quote from: Burt on June 27, 2013, 08:25:15 PM

Have you asked Mr Ska? I hear he's notorious with a marigold.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Burt

Quote from: The Equalizer on June 28, 2013, 12:00:16 AM
Quote from: Burt on June 27, 2013, 08:25:15 PM

Have you asked Mr Ska? I hear he's notorious with a marigold.

I'll do that. From a distance...

watfordwhite

Quote from: Burt on June 25, 2013, 09:16:44 PM
WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE INTRODUCED TO MAKE THE CRAVEN COTTAGE EXPERIENCE BETTER FOR THE FANS?

That's a good question. My instinct is to be quite protective of our atmosphere, as we have a unique ground and a special environment, enjoyed by the vast majority of visitors. Where possible I think initiatives that drive atmosphere should be organic and guided by our fans. They tend to be the ones that work the best.

In terms of the overall experience, although we are a little constrained by space, we can continue to refine our concourses, particularly the toilets and looking at signage and other ways to maximise the best overall use of space.

Personally I'd love to see uplighting use to pick out the features on the front of the Haynes Stand facade, as is commonly done with other monuments and old buildings. That would make for a spectacular arrival down Stevenage Road, or the alphabet streets, for night games.

Dear Burt and Tommy, thanks for the great interview. If you would like some free advise on the lighting design, please feel free to contact me at any time.