watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Think it was intentional?

Started by valdeingruo, June 23, 2013, 09:48:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valdeingruo

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/championship-gus-poyet-sacked-brighton-190508374.html

The Uruguayan was working as an analyst on the BBC's Match of the Day live coverage of the Confederations Cup match between Spain and Nigeria.

During the first-half of that game, Brighton released a statement on their website saying: "Gus Poyet has been informed today by Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club's internal disciplinary panel that his employment has been terminated with immediate effect."

However, Poyet only learned about the sacking when a member of the BBC production staff handed him a print out of the statement.

"You've got yourself a great story," Poyet told BBC presenter Mark Chapman when asked about the issue.

"I've still had no communication from the club, no text, no email.

"I'm probably the first to be in this position. Everyone can make their own conclusions about the way I have been informed by you.

"I suppose reading the statement I will be able to talk to them. It's very sad, they made me proud. Not being able to answer a phone or text is unusual.

"Are they messing with my career? We will see, it's too early to say. I am looking forward to clearing this."

Former Chelsea midfielder Poyet, 45, was initially suspended and now has the opportunity to appeal the decision to sack him despite the club saying they are looking for an interim manager for pre-season.

Brighton's statement continued: "Poyet's sacking followed his suspension, an investigation, and a subsequent formal disciplinary process. In line with the club's own procedures, and UK employment law, Mr Poyet now has a right of appeal. As such, the club will make no further comment on this matter or recent LMA statements at this time.

"Given the close proximity of the new season, the club will, in conjunction with its board, now seek to appoint an interim manager pending the outcome of a possible appeal. The interim manager will oversee the initial weeks of pre-season preparation alongside the club's existing staff.

"The club's first-team players report back as planned for pre-season testing tomorrow, Monday 24th June, with the squad's first technical sessions commencing on Thursday 27th June. The team play Whitehawk on Saturday 6th July and leave for their summer training camp in Spain on 14th July."

Poyet implied in his comments to the BBC that he would appeal the sacking but said he needed to talk to his lawyers first.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

Craven Mad

Rhys Lightning 63

Can I just ask why everyone is going on about The Beeb's handling of Poyet being sacked? The statement by B&HA was released at 19:14 and started with 'Gus Poyet has been informed today by Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club's internal disciplinary panel that his employment has been terminated with immediate effect'.

This indicates that he would have been informed before BBC went to air at 19:30. Maybe Gus' face was more of a 'thanks for reminding me' kind of look, but clearly not of someone who had JUST found out he had been sacked
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

EJL

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on June 23, 2013, 11:38:35 PM
Can I just ask why everyone is going on about The Beeb's handling of Poyet being sacked? The statement by B&HA was released at 19:14 and started with 'Gus Poyet has been informed today by Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club's internal disciplinary panel that his employment has been terminated with immediate effect'.

This indicates that he would have been informed before BBC went to air at 19:30. Maybe Gus' face was more of a 'thanks for reminding me' kind of look, but clearly not of someone who had JUST found out he had been sacked
He found out before they went on air but Mark Chapman read the statement out for viewers.

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: EJL on June 23, 2013, 11:55:40 PM

He found out before they went on air but Mark Chapman read the statement out for viewers.

That's what I'm saying. Everyone on Twitter and Facebook is acting like Mark Chapman saying it on air was the firts time Gus had heard of anything
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

EJL

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on June 23, 2013, 11:58:57 PM
Quote from: EJL on June 23, 2013, 11:55:40 PM

That's what I'm saying. Everyone on Twitter and Facebook is acting like Mark Chapman saying it on air was the firts time Gus had heard of anything
Oh right. A lot of people overreacting, it seems. Either way the BBC have got themselves a cracking story.

TheDaddy

What a great way for Gus to tell the world "Hey im looking for a job "

Pre planned "i think so "
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "