watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sad Phillipe Senderos

Started by kdjr100, June 23, 2013, 10:10:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SaltfordWhite

Although I remain unsure about his ability as a top level footballer, I do agree that attacking the bloke every single time his name is mentioned is getting rather dull.

EJL

Quote from: alfie on June 24, 2013, 06:56:02 PM
Why can't the guy be left alone, ok so he makes some mistakes, but he plays his heart out and he cares,which is more than can be said for some of our players,  i know that is not good enough for some, but it is a new season lets give him a break.

I'm sorry if I find a problem with someone suggesting that our best defender and club captain be dropped for Philippe Senderos. I'm not one of those who slate him at every corner, I like him and I agree with all the comments praising his passion and commitment. He's not, however, a better defender than Hangeland - that's all I was saying. What I always say about Senderos is that he's potentially a very good Premier League centre-half, except he has the decision-making skills of a kid in the playground.

Quote from: SaltfordWhite on June 25, 2013, 09:35:38 AM
Although I remain unsure about his ability as a top level footballer, I do agree that attacking the bloke every single time his name is mentioned is getting rather dull.
Apologies if I've inferred wrong and you weren't talking about my posts, but I wasn't attacking him.

alfie

Quote from: EJL on June 25, 2013, 11:51:45 AM
Why can't the guy be left alone, ok so he makes some mistakes, but he plays his heart out and he cares,which is more than can be said for some of our players,  i know that is not good enough for some, but it is a new season lets give him a break.

I'm sorry if I find a problem with someone suggesting that our best defender and club captain be dropped for Philippe Senderos. I'm not one of those who slate him at every corner, I like him and I agree with all the comments praising his passion and commitment. He's not, however, a better defender than Hangeland - that's all I was saying. What I always say about Senderos is that he's potentially a very good Premier League centre-half, except he has the decision-making skills of a kid in the playground.

Apologies if I've inferred wrong and you weren't talking about my posts, but I wasn't attacking him.

looking at my post unless i am going blind i don't think i mentioned Hangeland, perhaps you may be better to attach reply to the quote that did.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

EJL

Quote from: alfie on June 25, 2013, 12:14:25 PM
Quote from: EJL on June 25, 2013, 11:51:45 AM

looking at my post unless i am going blind i don't think i mentioned Hangeland, perhaps you may be better to attach reply to the quote that did.

Your comment started with 'Why can't the guy be left alone'. Unless I'm mistaken, my comments in this thread are the only ones that could possibly be interpreted as blindly unjust criticism of Senderos. Otherwise your original post is a bit random (as no one was having a go at him). Therefore, I responded to you. I'm not saying you mentioned Hangeland, I'm saying that my posts - the ones that I assume you deem to be unnecessarily critical of Senderos - are in no way what you think they are. Instead, they were merely responses to someone suggesting dropping one player for another.

Sorry for any confusion caused.