watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sad Phillipe Senderos

Started by kdjr100, June 23, 2013, 10:10:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kdjr100

I think this should be made into a new emoticon...

http://i.minus.com/i2FW44AuERydU.gif
:016:
"and there's a tidal wave on the Thames!"

valdeingruo

That is rather amusing, where did you find that?
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

btings

kdjr100

I was scrolling through reddit/r/soccer and there it was
"and there's a tidal wave on the Thames!"

Jack Fulham

One of my fav gifs. Pretty much sums up last season.

Forever Fulham

He's a good player.  I'd keep playing him.

EJL

EJL

The Equalizer

That is fantastic! I laughed quite hard at his misery. Wonderful gif image.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Forever Fulham

Quote from: EJL on June 23, 2013, 11:37:33 PM
Quote from: Forever Fulham on June 23, 2013, 11:15:55 PM
Over who?
He's faster than Hangeland.  Stronger and quicker.  Bigger too.  He's up for the physical contact too.  But I don't know how to properly answer your question, because it depends on the formation.  Will we play 4-4-2, 4-1-3-1, or what?  Will we have a classic holding mid who is defensive minded only, sitting in front of him?  If the holding mid is going to roam up field, leaving space, I'd like a mobile centreback.

Forever Fulham

typo.  Meant to type, will we play 4-4-2, 4-1-3-2, or what?

EJL

Quote from: Forever Fulham on June 24, 2013, 12:08:18 AM
He's a good player.  I'd keep playing him.
Over who?
He's faster than Hangeland.  Stronger and quicker.  Bigger too.  He's up for the physical contact too.  But I don't know how to properly answer your question, because it depends on the formation.  Will we play 4-4-2, 4-1-3-1, or what?  Will we have a classic holding mid who is defensive minded only, sitting in front of him?  If the holding mid is going to roam up field, leaving space, I'd like a mobile centreback.
But he's not better. I'd sooner field ten players than play Senderos over Hangeland.

God The Mechanic

Quote from: EJL on June 24, 2013, 12:18:14 AM
Over who?
He's faster than Hangeland.  Stronger and quicker.  Bigger too.  He's up for the physical contact too.  But I don't know how to properly answer your question, because it depends on the formation.  Will we play 4-4-2, 4-1-3-1, or what?  Will we have a classic holding mid who is defensive minded only, sitting in front of him?  If the holding mid is going to roam up field, leaving space, I'd like a mobile centreback.
But he's not better. I'd sooner field ten players than play Senderos over Hangeland.

Hangeland last season was often just as error prone as Senderos was.

domprague

You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

Berserker

I know he makes mistakes but he is so sweet. That's probably just my mothering instincts coming out though  :022:
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

EJL

Quote from: God The Mechanic on June 24, 2013, 11:07:55 AM
Quote from: EJL on June 24, 2013, 12:18:14 AM
Over who?

Hangeland last season was often just as error prone as Senderos was.
True, and he's also the better player.

Let's switch it: I'd take an error-prone Hangeland over an error-prone Senderos. Even when Brede isn't his usual self, he's one of the best centre-halves outside of the top four.

I don't get this immobile tag Hangeland has. He covers the ground quite quickly for someone his size and he's extremely fast into a challenge. The only times you'll see him lumbering about a bit are when he fashions his own mistakes (which were common during the FIRST HALF of last season - he was near flawless for the second half).

Lighthouse

Quote from: Berserker on June 24, 2013, 12:09:30 PM
I know he makes mistakes but he is so sweet. That's probably just my mothering instincts coming out though  :022:

Yes Jol said the same thing in an after match interview.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

epsomraver

Quote from: Berserker on June 24, 2013, 12:09:30 PM

God you must love ugly babies! 064.gif

alfie

Why can't the guy be left alone, ok so he makes some mistakes, but he plays his heart out and he cares,which is more than can be said for some of our players,  i know that is not good enough for some, but it is a new season lets give him a break.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Forever Fulham

Quote from: alfie on June 24, 2013, 06:56:02 PM
Why can't the guy be left alone, ok so he makes some mistakes, but he plays his heart out and he cares,which is more than can be said for some of our players,  i know that is not good enough for some, but it is a new season lets give him a break.

Well said.  You either have passion and desire and commitment or you don't.  Not sure you can coach it.  He may have a hang dog facial expression, but I choose to look past that rather than laugh at him about it.  Hangeland let in too many goals this season.  He needs to be re-evaluated in bright light, not the rosy tint he's getting here.