Sessegnon -- Yes or No?

Started by JHunter_Fulham4Life, June 25, 2013, 04:13:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JHunter_Fulham4Life

westcliff white

at 8 million the answer is No as the club wont pay that i believe
Every day is a Fulham day

FFC1987

We offered 8m for McCarthy and N'Vila so the amount isn't the stumbling block. It's whether we valuate him at 8m.

Danitar

If your going to play him behind berbatov than yes but if your going to play him in central midfield than no.

westcliff white

I have only seen rumours we offerd 8 million for both of those, i didnt believe that we had actually offered that for those players.

Craven Mad

He's 29 and I just don't see how much he can help our squad. He's clearly a good player, but I'm happy with the Ruiz/Berba pairing so don't see a place for Sessegnon in a CAM role.

No, from me..

Humbled

If I signed him It would be to play him ahead Of Berba as a out n out striker. He is not the type of player we need behind Berba IMO

I still think whom ever u bring in Berba will drop deep. So a deeper sitting midfielder with the ability to play make plus a striker would be better than a CAM to hold hands with Berba and Ruiz.
Only problem is I would keep the wide men so in my formation either Ruiz or Berba would have to sit it out.

Humbled

I think we have already got a couple of signings in the bag and will be named around the same time as the new kit!!

Would anyone take Anderson from United??

westcliff white

i would humbled, but think fee and salary maybe to high

Bryanthebroom

Good player but not the type I want us to spend big money on.  As for Anderson, he's not really been doing the business at United but there's no doubting his talent and at 25 he'd clearly be a massive coup for a club like ours. I'd certainly rather have him play CM than Huddlestone or Parker.

The problem is would he want to come here?

zschwartz

i'd welcome him for 3-4m but not for the stupid/crazy money they're going to demand. let him go to the chinese league, cash out&disappear.

nose

I really like him and he could just be what we need, £8m is probably a little high but I think it would be money well spent.

Bassey the warrior

EJL

Sessegnon is the type of player that burns out extremely quickly when they enter their 'later' years. He relies very much on his pace and agility; with him being 29 years old and Sunderland demanding a hefty fee, it may not be a risk worth taking.

MasterHaynes

Apart from the two games against us when he was their best player scoring a craker of a goal he gave below par performances for the rest of the season. That might say more about our defending in midfield than his form but £8m is overpriced based on his form for relegation contenders last season.

psand22

He's shown flashes of brilliance and then he'll disappear for games at a time.  At 29, I don't see him changing.  I'd have to say no at 8 million and I don't see the price coming down enough to make the risk worth it. 

SouthfieldWhite

Funny his name should crop up, I was watching his nephew in a game last week and the nephew is the same build and runs like him, and had a chat with the nephew after, so he's got family that is local, he may want the move but like others have said not sure I'd spend 8 mil on him

I'm going to watch the nephew again tomorrow so may ask some more questions

David Allen Crankshaw

For £8 million a definite no at 29 years of age. It always amazes me that people seem to think that we should go for cast-offs at silly money from clubs who are quite often weaker than ourselves.