more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tuesday Fulham Stuff (25/06/13)...

Started by WhiteJC, June 25, 2013, 04:28:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Torino target former Fulham loan star

Serie A side Torino are in the running to buy former Fulham loan signing Urby Emanuelson.

The versatile AC Milan star spent the second half of last season on a temporary deal at Craven Cottage, where he made 13 Premier League appearances.

Martin Jol said he knew all along that his fellow Dutchman would not stay beyond his loan spell as he wants to force his way into the Milan side.

And the 27-year-old bid farewell to Fulham with the only goal of his stay on the final day of the season in the 3-0 win away at Swansea.

Now the former Ajax man is attracting the attention of Torino as he is still not in the plans of manager Massimiliano Allegri and is out of contract at the end of the upcoming campaign.

Read more: http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/130624/torino-target-former-fulham-loan-star-200279?#ixzz2XC9edDdw
Follow us: @talksport on Twitter
Read more at http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/130624/torino-target-former-fulham-loan-star-200279?#yqeFRxC190j5J9Id.99

WhiteJC

Nancy winger wanted by Southampton, Fulham and Crystal Palace

Southampton, Fulham and Crystal Palace are all in the hunt for Nancy winger Yohan Mollo.

The Frenchman, previously capped at Under-21 level, was sent out on loan to St Etienne earlier this year.

Nancy are open to the prospect of selling the 23-year-old and the Premier League trio are keen.

Mollo, who started his senior career at Monaco, is said to be keen on moving to England.

Read more: http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/130624/nancy-winger-wanted-southampton-fulham-and-crystal-palace-20?#ixzz2XCA38r5a
Follow us: @talksport on Twitter
Read more at http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/130624/nancy-winger-wanted-southampton-fulham-and-crystal-palace-20?#TZBJeDbfzVT3rPXJ.99

WhiteJC

Baird on Harry's radar

QPR boss Harry Redknapp is being linked with a swoop to sign Chris Baird who is set to depart Fulham on a Bosman free transfer.

Redknapp is trying to rebuild his squad at Loftus Road following the R's relegation to the Championship at the end of last season. And it appears that 31-year-old Northern Ireland international defender, Baird, is high on his wanted list. Baird, who can play in central defence, right-back and in midfield, is surplus to requirements at Craven Cottage with boss Martin Jol including him in a list of 11 players who can look for new clubs this summer. The former Southampton man has been with the Cottagers for six years having joined in 2007 and it is thought Redknapp feels his vast experience will help bolster QPR's defence as he looks to guide them back to the Premier League at the first time of asking.

Read more at: http://www.clubcall.com/fulham/baird-on-harrys-radar-1602112.html?

WhiteJC

Away Days: Part One

The fixtures are in, and no doubt, the dates are now set firmly in your diaries. Having clocked up thousands of miles between them, we asked a number of fans to share their thoughts on all of the 19 Barclays Premier League grounds that Fulham will visit during the 2013/14 campaign. First up are our first five fixtures on the road...

Sunderland – Stadium of Light (Saturday 17th August 2013)
"It must be something about the style of football in the North East that requires you to watch it through binoculars, because, as with St James' Park, the away section at the Stadium of Light is up in the gods (although obviously the only gods there are those in a Fulham away kit).

"The stadium itself isn't bad to look at, nor to be inside.  The away section is a decent size, which is quite handy for celebrating when Sascha Riether scores a thunderbolt (it was a screamer, honest), and the food and drink wasn't at all bad.  The atmosphere last time out wasn't great, but when Sunderland hit back it did liven up. 

"I'll take an away draw in my only appearance there though, despite the 2-0 lead we had. I think that's what you'd call a Fulhamish result."

Billy Murphy

Newcastle United – St James' Park (Saturday 31st August 2013)
"I've been to a fair number of away grounds, particularly during our Premier League days, and I have to say that the trip to St James' Park is one of my favourites. For me, the atmosphere is up there with anything else I've experienced while travelling with Fulham.

"The fans are right at the top of the stand and looking down is quite the sight – although I feel for anyone with a fear of heights! The Newcastle fans make a hell of a noise, but I've always found that our supporters sing their hearts out up there. It's a ground that expects noise.

"I've missed the last two trips, so I can't wait to get my ticket for this coming season's visit. If you only make a handful of away games during the 2013/14 campaign, I'd suggest this as one of them."

Daniel Jackson

Chelsea – Stamford Bridge (Saturday 21st September 2013)
"The trip to Stamford Bridge is probably the first away fixture Fulham fans look out for now that Queens Park Rangers have gone down. Nothing quite beats a derby match, and I, for one, am counting down the days until we take on Jose Mourinho in his own backyard.

"Like at Craven Cottage, there isn't too much space between the pitch and the stands, which only adds to the intensity of these matches. I've watched Fulham at Stamford Bridge longer than I now care to remember, and although results haven't always gone our way to say the least, every Whites fan will want to be there.

"I have a good feeling about this one, we're due a win at the Bridge and I think the 2013/14 season could be it. Our form on the road improved greatly last term, and this would be the icing on the cake."

Jake Fellingham

Crystal Palace – Selhurst Park (Saturday 19th October 2013)
"Some may not know this, but Archibald Leitch – the architect behind Craven Cottage – was also involved in the development of Selhurst Park. Unsurprisingly, it's a very traditional stadium, albeit one that has been developed over the years in order to meet current regulations.

"Away supporters are usually housed in the Arthur Waite Stand, which runs alongside the touchline and therefore a similar view to one from our Johnny Haynes Stand is obtained.

"It's been a little while since we last visited, October 2004, a game that we lost 2-0 and had Ian Pearce sent off for a foul on Andrew Johnson. Of course, we were there in August 2001 for a pre-season friendly with our first Premier League match just a couple of weeks away.

"That day, the large contingent of travelling Fulham fans were in high spirits following the arrival of Edwin van der Sar, while Steed Malbranque made an impressive debut providing the pass for Louis Saha's winning goal."

Martin Goldthorpe

Southampton – St Mary's Stadium (Saturday 26th October 2013)
"Although St Mary's is relatively new, the atmosphere was great last season – the first visit by myself and many of the people I travelled with.  Their fans were constantly singing and when their players scored there was an explosion of noise – when they scored their late equaliser to make it 2-2 it felt like the ground was going to open up and swallow us.

"The atmosphere was one of the best of the 2012/13 campaign, and the songs between us and their very welcoming fans never stopped. Getting to the ground is relatively easy also, so I'm very much looking forward to going back again this season. Having drawn the last game, one that we arguably deserved more from, I'm hoping for all three points next time!"

Ben Jarman

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2013/june/24/away-days?

WhiteJC

Galatasaray prepare €2.5m bid for Fulham winger Kerim Frei

Galatasaray are prepared to offer Fulham €2.5 million for Fulham FC winger Kerim Frei according to Sporx.

The Lions President Ünal Aysal recently confirmed interest in Fulham winger Kerim Frei.

"We are interested in Kerim Frei," Aysal said speaking to Lig TV.

Galatasaray have been scouting Kerim for the past season and have stepped up efforts to sign the young Turkish international following the latest foreign player ruling by the Turkish Football Federation (TFF).

The Turkish Football Federation only permits six foreign players on the field at any one time and currently have 10 non-Turkish players on their books.

Fulham however, have been reluctant to let go of their 19-year-old prospect and are unlikely to consider any offers below €4 million.

Kerim's contract with Fulham runs until 2015, the young prospect is currently valued in the region of €3 million.

http://www.turkish-football.com/news_read.php?id=4799

WhiteJC

R's eye Baird raid

QPR boss Harry Redknapp is being linked with a swoop to sign Chris Baird who is set to depart Fulham on a Bosman free transfer.
Redknapp is trying to rebuild his squad at Loftus Road following the R's relegation to the Championship at the end of last season. And it appears that 31-year-old Northern Ireland international defender, Baird, is high on his wanted list.

Baird, who can play in central defence, right-back and in midfield, is surplus to requirements at Craven Cottage with boss Martin Jol including him in a list of 11 players who can look for new clubs this summer.

The former Southampton man has been with the Cottagers for six years having joined in 2007 and it is thought Redknapp feels his vast experience will help bolster QPR's defence as he looks to guide them back to the Premier League at the first time of asking.

http://www.eatsleepsport.com/fulham/rs-eye-baird-raid-1602112.html#.UckQVBa_wds

WhiteJC

Transfer news: Birmingham have accepted two offers for Nathan Redmond

Nathan Redmond: Generating plenty of Premier League interest

Birmingham City boss Lee Clark has revealed that two offers from Premier League clubs have been accepted for Nathan Redmond.

A third bid has failed to match the Blues' valuation, with Swansea City, Norwich City and Fulham reported to be the sides to have expressed an interest in the highly-rated winger.

Redmond has been linked with a step up into the top flight for some time, and the 19-year-old was one of the few England U21 starlets to leave this summer's European Championship with their reputation enhanced.

It is now looking increasingly likely that he will be heading out of St Andrew's when the transfer window re-opens, with Clark reluctantly conceding that a deal is set to be thrashed out.

He said in the Birmingham Mail: "The truth, me being transparent and not speaking out of line, is that there are six to eight Premier League clubs interested in Nathan. That's in various different ways.

"Sometimes you get a call from an agent, then get a call from the player's agent, sometimes you get an enquiry from a fellow manager.

"The truth, me being transparent and not speaking out of line, is that there are six to eight Premier League clubs interested in Nathan."
Lee Clark

Important

Clark added: "I have spoken to Nathan at length. In an ideal world he would be with me this season - so would Curtis (Davies).

"But we know that isn't the scenario. We have to get the best deal to keep Birmingham City going.

"Listen, the bottom line is that the most important people in all of this are the fans. We have got to make sure the club is still there for them. And whatever you have got to do to make that happen, you have got to do it."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8791537/?

WhiteJC

Aaron's Aim

Aaron Hughes says that he is ready to fight to reclaim his place in Fulham's starting XI next season.

The Northern Irishman was a near ever present in the first half of last term but lost his spot to Philippe Senderos at the end of January with the big Swiss defender the preferred centre-back partner to Brede Hangeland.

With the recent arrival of Athletic Bilbao's Fernando Amorebieta on a free transfer, competition for inclusion on Martin Jol's teamsheet will be even stronger in 2013/14 – but Hughes is up for the challenge.

The 33-year-old told the official website: "It's frustrating sitting on the bench because as a footballer you want to play. It's always disappointing to lose your place but it's just been a case of working hard and hoping an opportunity comes around and that will be the case again in August. I'll be doing my best in pre-season to make sure I'm in the Manager's thoughts."

Hughes played 28 times for Fulham in all competitions last term in a campaign he admits was somewhat mixed.

"It was a strange season in many ways," he said. "We got off to a great start on the opening day against Norwich City. We put in a tremendous performance, kept a clean sheet and scored five goals. Tottenham Hotspur away was another good one. To go to Spurs and win was an excellent result.

"We played really well at times but then had a couple of patches where we just couldn't win. It would have been nice to have finished in the top half but it wasn't to be.

"So the aim for next season will be to try and get back in that top 10. We'll first look to get to 40 points as we always do and try and push on from there. That's been the goal for as long as I've been here and I'm sure it will be the same next season."

You can pre-order the home kit and also buy the training kit worn by Aaron here

With the 2013/14 fixtures confirmed, now is the time to secure your Season Ticket. Prices start at less than £24 per game for adults and £12 per game for Under 16s. Buy online today.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2013/june/25/aarons-aim?

WhiteJC

FFC Facts and Figures

We have trawled through the Fulham archives to find you some of the best facts and figures from the Club's history for our weekly feature. If you have any of your own, tweet them to us using the hashtag #ffcfacts

Five Fulham facts
When Frank Osborne and Harvey Darvill made their debuts in the league in 1921 they both scored in the 4-1 win over Sheffield Wednesday. It was the only time that two Fulham players have ever managed that feat together on their debuts.
The gate receipts at our pre-World War II largest crowd at Craven Cottage (43,407 in a 2-2 draw between Tottenham Hotspur in 1932) came in at £2,583 which put the average ticket at 6p. The record was then comfortably beaten in 1938.
The Dodgin family had an interesting season in 1969/70 as Fulham, managed by Bill Dodgin Junior, played Bristol Rovers who were managed by a former Whites boss Bill Senior. Both sides won on their own grounds to ensure that the family remained amicable.
Ara Bedrossian became the only Cyprus international to play for the Club when he made his debut against Bolton Wanderers in March 1993.
Fulham managed 13 home wins in 2005/06 to set a record for top flight wins at the Cottage in a single season.
Magic Numbers

12 – The most league goals scored by a defender came in 1981/82 as Roger Brown netted 12 in his 46 games - none of which came from either a penalty or a free-kick. Kit Symons came closest to matching that total in 1998/99 when he notched 11 times.

13 – 2013/14 will be our 13th consecutive season in the top flight of English football.

24 – The number of clean sheets kept by goalkeeper Maik Taylor in the 1998/99 season. He did it from 46 league games and also kept four in the Club's 12 cup ties as well.

56 – The number of England caps won by the legendary Johnny Haynes.

98 – The most prolific of our scorers was Frank 'Bonzo' Newton who joined in 1931 and netted 81 goals in 88 games (one every 98 minutes).

Quote, Unquote

"This first time I was late (in 1938) because of the trains to Hammersmith from Uxbridge, I was hauled immediately before Jack Peart and fined £1 from my weekly wage of £2.50 on the spot. That was discipline."

Jim Taylor reveals how tough a manager Jack Peart was when it came to discipline.

"He was special. Early on in my Fulham career his team talk consisted of 'Okay lads, get an early two-goal lead today before the opposition realise what a terrible side you are."

Maurice Cook on manager Dugald Livingstone's motivational techniques in 1959.

"I was just pleased we had pulled a goal back, and I hoped it would get us back into the game. As things turned out, it wasn't to be."

Gordon Davies on breaking Johnny Haynes' 18-year goalscoring record in the 5-2 defeat to Wolverhampton Wanderers on 11th February 1989.

Cover Stars - 1936 v 1985

On the left is the programme from the 1936 FA Cup Replay with Chelsea which finished in a 3-2 win for the Whites. The goals came from Trevor Smith, John Arnold and Jim Hammond. The 1985 game with the Blues on the right was also a Replay, this time in the Milk (League) Cup, but resulted in a 1-0 defeat.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2013/june/25/facts-and-figures?

WhiteJC

Schwarzer looks to stay in England

Fulham goalkeeper Mark Schwarzer refusing to entertain the prospect of retirement and is looking for a new club.

The 40-year-old is determined to remain in England even though that may presumably mean a move into the Football League.

The 'keeper's time at Craven Cottage expires this summer and with boss Martin Jol having signed Dutch international Maarten Stekelenburg from Roma, Schwarzer has not received a new contract offer and is on the lookout for interested clubs.

The  Australia international, who joined the Londoners from Middlesbrough in 2008, wants to stay in England.

A friend said: "He's looking for another club. Nothing has been sorted at the moment."

"But the Schwarzer family is settled and the kids are in school so he wants to stay in England - that would be perfect."

http://www.sportsdirectnews.com/premier-league/27060-schwarzer-looks-to-stay-in-england.php

WhiteJC

Ex-Fulham Youngster To Join Swindon Town

Swindon Town are set to sign former Fulham Midfielder/Defender Alex Smith who was released by the Premier League club at the end of last season.

Smith spent time on loan at Leyton Orient and Stevenage making three appearances as well as a first team appearance against West Brom.

Smith was offered a new deal at Fulham although we are unsure why this was never signed after manager Martin Jol had expressed a desire to keep Smith at Craven Cottage.

Read more: http://www.swindon.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=322786#ixzz2XEjeKbQs

WhiteJC

Newcastle, Fulham and West Ham to be beaten by Swansea in race for Wilfried Bony

SWANSEA manager Michael Laudrup is close to winning the race to sign Ivory Coast striker Wilfried Bony - according to reports in Holland.

Ivory Coast international Wilfried Bony is being chased by Swansea this summer

Bony has attracted interest from the likes of West Ham and Fulham in recent months, after topping to Dutch Eredivisie's goalscoring charts last season with 31 strikes.

While Newcastle have reportedly submitted a bid of around £12million for the Vitesse Arnhem hitman, Dutch newspaper Algemeen Dagblad claim that Swansea are set to sign the 24-year-old.

The Welsh club's offer is described as 'very, very serious', and could see Bony switch to the Liberty Stadium when he returns from holiday in Paris next week.

Russian money-bags Anzhi Makhachkala have also been credited with an interest in the 20-cap Ivorian, but the forward is thought to have set his sights on playing in English football's top-flight.

Vitesse could hold out for around £15m this summer for Bony, despite the player indicating his determination to leave Holland ahead of next season.

Swansea boss Laudrup recently committed his future to the South Wales club after holding talks over the club's transfer policy with chairman Huw Jenkins - which has altered their motives in the summer window.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/410153/Newcastle-Fulham-and-West-Ham-to-be-beaten-by-Swansea-in-race-for-Wilfried-Bony?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+daily-express-football-news+%28Daily+Express+%3A%3A+Football+Feed%29

WhiteJC

Transfer news: Sky Sports understands Birmingham want Fulham's Dan Burn

Dan Burn: Impressed during a loan spell at Yeovil last season

Sky Sports understands that Birmingham City are lining up a loan approach for Fulham defender Dan Burn.

The Blues are in the market for defensive reinforcements after seeing Curtis Davies complete a switch to Premier League new boys Hull City.

Burn has been identified as a top target, with the 21-year-old having caught the eye during a season-long loan at Yeovil Town in 2012/13.

Birmingham boss Lee Clark has admitted that he has two loan deals in the pipeline for Premier League centre-halves, and Burn would appear to be one of those set for a switch to St Andrew's.

Clark told the Birmingham Mail: "I have agreed terms with two players and two Premier League clubs to take a right-sided centre-half and a left-sided centre-half on season-long loans.

"Those deals are subject to medicals when the lads get off holidays, as Premier League teams aren't due back for 10 days to two weeks.

"But I hope to have those completed next week because the agreements with the players and the clubs are in place.

"It's just down to them coming through the medicals. I have spoken to both players and I will be delighted to get them."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11681/8791895?

sunburywhite

Nathan Redmond to Fulham in exchange for us loaning Dan Burn for a season (plus some cash)????
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

zschwartz

Quote from: sunburywhite on June 25, 2013, 05:38:42 PM
Nathan Redmond to Fulham in exchange for us loaning Dan Burn for a season (plus some cash)????

sounds fine... how much cash. and the option to recall burn for more cash, natch.

cmg

Quote from: WhiteJC on June 25, 2013, 04:35:34 AM

Frei (Koyunlu) has just come on for the last 20 min for Turkey (0) against Colombia (1).

Just to add to the confusion the FIFA webside is referring to him as Kerim.

zschwartz

Quote from: cmg on June 25, 2013, 08:35:18 PM
Quote from: WhiteJC on June 25, 2013, 04:35:34 AM

Frei (Koyunlu) has just come on for the last 20 min for Turkey (0) against Colombia (1).

Just to add to the confusion the FIFA webside is referring to him as Kerim.

started watching when he came on. he didn't look great but the whole team was short of ideas. colombia up 1-0 with 11 behind the ball... not a great advertisement of his talent.

justinfromga

Quote from: sunburywhite on June 25, 2013, 05:38:42 PM

Redmond looks to be the best "footballer" from England since Joe Cole.  If we could get this done we'd be in such a great position both this year and for years to come.