more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Friday Fulham Stuff (28/06/13)...

Started by WhiteJC, June 28, 2013, 04:26:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Stoke City and West Brom track former Fulham defender

STOKE City have shown an interest in former Fulham utility man Chris Baird.

The Northern Irish international, who can play in defence or midfield, is a free agent after leaving Craven Cottage this summer following a six-year stint by the Thames.

New Stoke boss Mark Hughes knows Baird well from his time in charge in SW6 and is understood to be keen to bring the 31-year-old to the Britannia.

West Brom, who tried to sign Baird in January, Premier League new-boys Crystal Palace and Championship outfit Bolton have also made enquiries.

Read more: Fulham Chronicle http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/fulham-fc/2013/06/27/82029-33535783/?#ixzz2XTgvxF7r

WhiteJC

Agent cools transfer talk

Fulham striker Dimitar Berbatov will not be leaving the club in the summer according to his agent, Emil Danchev.

Berbatov joined the west London club last summer for an undisclosed fee after he fell out of favour with Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson. The Bulgarian netted 15 times in 33 appearances for Martin Jol's side last term and his performances have led to speculation he may be on his way out. Danchev insists that although his client has received interest from Russia he will see out his current deal at Craven Cottage. Danchev said: "Berbatov has a contract with Fulham for one more year and he intends to comply with it. "He's happy at Fulham and he wants to stay another year,"

Read more at: http://www.clubcall.com/fulham/agent-cools-transfer-talk-1602891.html?

WhiteJC

Rodallega sets bar high

Fulham striker Hugo Rodallega has targeted scoring double figures for the club in the Premier League next season.

The Colombian forward made just 14 league starts for Fulham last term, scoring three goals, and he wants to step up his role in the 2013-14 campaign.

Rodallega was used regularly from the bench last season, making 15 substitute appearances in the Premier League, and he knows that he needs to be at his best to oust the likes of Dimitar Berbatov, Bryan Ruiz and Mladen Petric from a starting berth.

The 27-year-old is aware that goals will prove crucial if he is to establish himself in the starting XI and has set himself an ambitious target as Fulham aim to improve on their 12th-placed finish.

"Next season I want to play as much football as possible and I have in my mind a target of 10-12 goals," Rodallega told the club's official website.

"For the team, the first thing we have to do is stay in the top 10. It is so important because in this league, teams in the top half are some of the best in the world, so we need target the UEFA Europa League as one of our objectives."

Rodallega joined Fulham on a free transfer from Wigan last July.

http://uk.soccerway.com/news/2013/June/27/rodallega-sets-bar-high/?

WhiteJC

Schalke Admit Still Wanting Fulham Defender Sascha Riether

Schalke sporting director Horst Heldt has admitted that the club are still looking into the possibility of bringing in experienced right-back Sascha Riether, despite Premier League outfit Fulham having ruined the Ruhr giants' plans for the German footballer.

Riether, 30, spent the entire 2012/13 season on loan at Craven Cottage from German side Koln. During his stay with Fulham, Riether made a total 35 league appearances, scoring one goal and tallying six assists along the way.

Embedded in Riether's loan deal is a purchase option for Fulham, which the Cottagers triggered recently, making the German right-back's stay in London permanent.

"We have been in talks with Fulham, but there's really nothing new [to report]", Heldt told his club's official site.

"However, the fact remains that we are still interested in signing the player.

"I'm sure Sascha can easily imagine that too. But Fulham have recently triggered their purchase option for the player. That means something.

"Therefore, we can only wait", Heldt concluded.

Read more at http://www.insidefutbol.com/2013/06/27/schalke-admit-still-wanting-fulham-defender-sascha-riether/90477/#CtTPsaJxd4w7auQT.99

WhiteJC

Berbatov Is Staying!

After agreeing to join us last summer, from Manchester United, Dimitar Berbatov was the shining star of our team.

His ability lifted us at times when we were drab and his skill saw him score goals others could only dream about.

Unfortunately, having such a star in our squad inferred that it may only be a one-season stay with other clubs, such as Galatasaray and Zenit St Petersburg, sniffing around.

Thankfully though, it looks as if we are going to be blessed with Berbatov`s presence for another season with his agent confirming that the 32 year-old will see the remaining year of his contract out.

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=323047#ixzz2XThx80LG

WhiteJC

Do You Remember - Liam Rosenior?

When Liam Rosenior was on our books I always had high hopes that he`d be a mainstay of our squad for years to come.

I can recall his enthusiasm to play, on a regular basis, was only curtailed by a touch of the vomiting in one place, but like most of the things I want, a long stay for Liam didn`t materialize.

Now 28, Liam has carved out a more than respectable career in football, with the defender being a mainstay of the Hull City side that earned promotion back to the Premier League last season.

As a reward, Liam looks se tot be given a new contract by Steve Bruce and, like others I hope, will be part of the team that takes us on, on two occasions next season.

It`ll certainly be interesting to see how warm a reception he gets when he returns to Craven Cottage with the Tigers!

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=323048#ixzz2XTi9Pibz

WhiteJC

Current Squad, Formations, Depth Chart, Needs, and Jol's plans

With the transfer window set to open, and some holes in the squad left to fill, now is a good time to look at where the team stands.

Formation

The problem with trying to come up with a depth chart is that I'm still not sure what kind of system Martin Jol favors. In his time at Tottenham, he played mostly a 4-4-2. With Ajax, he shifted to using a 4-3-3. On his return to the Premiere League with Fulham, he began using a 4-4-2 again; but that seemed to be because of the personnel he inherited. Soon enough he was using more of a 4-2-3-1. Last season began with a 4-2-3-1, but after the loss of Dembele and the injury to Diarra; the 4-4-1-1 was brought out. There were even times when Fulham lined up in a 4-4-2 diamond midfield. All of this shows that Jol is pretty flexible tactically. However, it makes trying to decide on a depth chart a little bit harder.

My guess is that Jol's preference is a 4-3-3 or a 4-2-3-1. That seems to be what he's trying to implement, with the other formations as fall backs when he can't get the personnel to work right. So with that in mind, here is the current squad lined up in those two formations.

Current Squad

Goalkeepers

Fulham appear to be pretty set in goal. Maarten Stekelenburg looks to be a fine first team keeper, David Stockdale is a more than adequate backup, and Neil Etheridge is still there to provide depth. Problems are going to occur however if Stockdale feels the need to gain first team playing time. Fulham could loan him out once again and recall him if there happens to be an injury to Stekelenburg, just as they did when Schwarzer was the number one. The question is if Stockdale will be happy with that scenario.

Defense

This is the one area I think the depth is pretty clear on. Amorebieta and Hangeland are going to be the first choice center back pairing. With Senderos and Hughes fighting to see who's number three and four. John Arne Riise at this point is probably the first choice at left back. Both Kieran Richardson and Matthew Briggs can also play the position, but Jol has said repeatedly that he sees both at left side midfielders in a 4-3-3. On the right, there is Sascha Riether. Behind Riether there is a big empty space. I suppose Jack Grimmer is currently the backup, but I think most would agree that Fulham could strengthen the squad there.

Midfield

This is where Fulham's depth is really in trouble. In a 4-2-3-1 using a double pivot, there are currently only two players for the two positions: Steve Sidwell and Derek Boateng. Which leads me to believe that we're more likely to see a true 4-3-3 with Briggs or Richardson on the left side, and Sidwell and Boateng on the right. There's also still a chance that Pajtim Kasami can play here as well.

Attacking Midfield/Wingers

Here we finally get to a position of strength for Fulham. The first choice CAM has to currently be Bryan Ruiz. There were rumors that the team soured on him last season, but the preseason trip to Costa Rica has put those all that to rest. But even if Ruiz were out, the list of players who could fit in that position is long. Ashkan Dejagh, Kerim Frei, and Kasami would all work very well here. And in a pinch I'm sure Alex Kacaniklic or Dimitar Berbatov could handle it as well. On the wings, Fulham is even more stacked. The left wing depth chart is probably something like Kacaniklic, Frei, Dejagh, Damian Duff, Mesca, Hugo Rodallega, Richardson, Ruiz. On the right, you've got Dejagh, Duff, Ruiz, Mesca, Kasami. The hardest part is going to be figuring out which players to play and how to get them to work together.

Forwards

Now we're back to an area of low depth. Of course Berbatov is the top of the depth chart, and he is going to start every game he's healthy for. However, we've seen that he may be even more dangerous slightly underneath a more target forward; playing as a high attacking midfielder. Plus he's not getting any younger, and you can't expect him to always be available for 30+ games. The problem is that the only other two forwards on the team are Rodallega and Marcello Trotta. This has me worried.

Needs

Goalkeeper

A decision has to be made about the future of Stockdale. If he's willing to be loaned out one more time, I'd go ahead and do that and put off the decision until next season. If he's not willing or unhappy with that scenario, it's probably time to sell. I don't believe the team should be comfortable with Etheridge as the number two keeper, so a search for a veteran who is happy to be a backup would have to begin.

Defense

Not that much needs to be done to the defense. I would ideally like the team to decide if Briggs has a future at left back. If he does, I'd like to see him get some rotation time with Riise. If they see him as a left sided midfield player, I think bringing in a left back to develop to take over for Riise would be smart, though not necessary in this window. On the right though, we have a problem. Even ignoring the rumors of Riether leaving, there is basically no backup right back. I was hoping Manolev would stay. He's an adequate backup at the position, and can also play on the right in midfield in a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1. He would also give the club the option of bringing on Grimmer slowly.

Midfield

This is where the team is unbelievably thin. In my opinion, I think two more players need to be brought in. I wouldn't mind negotiating with Ajax to see if Enoh can remain with the club. I'm not sure what the Fulham option is, but I think a £1.5-2M price for him is probably fair to both sides. As I've said before; approaching Spurs about buying one of Sigurdsson, Livermore, or Huddlestone might also be smart. I'm not totally positive that Sigurdsson could play in that deeper role and he would be the most expensive of the three, but the £8 bid for James McCarthy does show the team is willing to spend in this area. Finally, it would probably be a good idea to see if Kasami can play in this kind of position. He's talented, but if he doesn't play this year; his time at the club is probably done.

Attacking Midfield/Wingers

I'm not actually sure much needs to be done here. There are rumors of Frei leaving, which would be sad; but they have the depth to cover it. Also other than Duff, it's a place the team is relatively young. It also seems to be a place the team has a good selection of youth players that may challenge for time soon.

Forwards

Having Berbatov makes this tricky. You can't bring in someone who expects tons of playing time because Berbatov is already there. You could solve this by moving Berbatov underneath the striker, but then where does Ruiz fit? If you move to a 4-4-2 diamond to get all three playing at once, you can't use all the depth you have at winger. I think the ideal situation is to bring in someone similar to what Rodallega is or what Petric was supposed to be. Either an athletic striker with pace who can also see time on a wing or a poacher/finisher who is good for occasional starts and substitute appearances. Maybe Marcello Trotta is finally ready to be that guy?

Conclusion

I'm actually fairly happy with the team right now. I still think they need a few pieces, but I believe I see the design in what they are trying to build. I'd even be satisfied if just three more first team players were brought in (2 CM's and a RB). Though I could see as many as six more coming in and as many as three more leaving. I only wish things would speed up because sitting around and waiting for things to happen is never fun

http://www.cottagersconfidential.com/2013/6/27/4469894/current-squad-formations-and-depth-charts?

WhiteJC

Rodallega eager to improve goal tally for Fulham

The Colombian striker notched just three times during his debut season at Craven Cottage but feels he is now settled and can shine next term as he eyes a better scoring return

Fulham striker Hugo Rodallega has set himself a scoring target ahead of next season as he looks to build on a mixed first campaign at the club.

The 27-year-old joined the Cottagers on a free transfer last summer and failed to capture the sort of form he showed during a four-year spell with Wigan; scoring just three times in 28 appearances.

But, having had the opportunity to acclimatise to his new life in west London, Rodallega now believes he is settled and ready to play a more prominent role at Craven Cottage next term.

"I feel personally good. I enjoy playing with the guys," he told the club's official website. "It was my first year here and everything was new for me. Not in the league, as I have been here for three years with another club, but I am happy in England and at Fulham.

"Next season I want to play as much football as possible and I have in my mind a target of 10-12 goals."

Rodallega also harbours ambitions of competing in Europe with the Cottagers and feels the club must continue to make strides towards that target after a disappointing second half of last season.

"For the team, the first thing we have to do is stay in the top 10," he added. "It is so important because in this league, teams in the top half are some of the best in the world, so we need target the Europa League as one of our objectives."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2013/06/27/4078910/-?

WhiteJC

Remember, Louis Saha?

Manchester United already had Ruud van Nistelrooy to hold down the goal-scoring job, who was this Frenchman joining in 2003? After helping Fulham gain promotion to the Premier League, Louis Saha immediately popped on Sir Alex Ferguson's radar for this brute strength, goal scoring ability, and the immediate impact he'd have at Old Trafford. Now at 34, Saha has enjoyed a solid footballing career as he's come from the lesser known ranks of the French First Division to Newcastle United and Fulham, then of course – The Theatre of Dreams.

Upon signing the Frenchman midway through the 2003/04 campaign for around 12 million pounds, Saha and Manchester United seemed a match made in heaven. However, despite the impact he made up front for the Red Devils, unfortunately injuries plagued his career and to this day continue to do so as he currently plays for Italian side, Lazio. Nevertheless, barring any injuries Saha contained the potential to become one of the greatest to ever grace Old Trafford simply of his eye for goal. Yet, football is a harsh world where sometimes the most promising of players see their careers stunted by unsuspected circumstances.

During his four and a half years with  United before moving to Goodison Park, Reds kissed the ground he walked on. The young Frenchman captivated Premier League crowds with his logic-defying goals from nearly impossible angles to his sheer will to win every ball. Even Rio Ferdinand and Wayne Rooney whom both had the luxury of playing alongside Saha, noted that he was the best striker they've ever played with and played against – a true testament to Saha's work ethic and ability as a frontman. In his opening campaign for United, he tallied seven goals in only 10 starts even scoring his his first two matches against Southampton and Everton. As he continued to gain steam in the United ranks, Saha received his first international call up but, his following season with United proved devastated with injury.

In 2004/05 Saha was marred with numerous knee injuries which set him back around four months and on his return, it was almost as if he'd never been absent. A pivotal presence in United's League Cup run, he was even chosen over the Dutchman in the final against Wigan Athletic – which he netted a goal in. As time progressed, Saha seemed to take on United's preferred striker role and seemingly at the right time as Ruud van Nistelrooy left for Real Madrid.

The 2006/07 season, shortly after signing a contract extension he suffered groin and hamstring injuries which once again, adding to yet another set back. If he managed to stay fit in the 06/07 season he could have easily scored 30+ goals, and beaten out Drogba for the Golden Boot. In many ways I'd like to think Drogba and Saha were very similar during their prime football years as both had the passion to drive forward, and could knock just about any defender off the ball. In terms of attacking menace, I'd give the advantage to Saha because his game was a bit more complete simply because of his pace – and his ability on numerous occasions to dart behind defenses and take on goalkeepers. Sure, Saha may not have the best ball control but he was blessed with comparable strength to Drogba's which allowed both to thrive in the Premier League.

120 appearances and 42 goals is an admirable stat taking into consideration his numerous injuries. It's fair to say the Frenchman was one of United's most lethal strikers in terms of goal output. The midfield of Gary Neville, Paul Scholes, Ryan Giggs and even Wayne Rooney up top fed Saha like a mad-dog who could tear oppositions defenses apart what seemed to be at will. Although he's since moved on to shorter stints with Everton, Tottenham and Sunderland, I believe his best years were with Manchester United. How many times did we hear "Saha gets behind the defense" – Numerous times. A true poacher who was a benefactor of United's steam-rolling midfield, found plenty of time and space on the ball allowing him to unleash thunderous strikers from distance and plenty of openings in the eighteen yard box.

The left-footed genius bagged goals from impossibly angles seemed to constantly send his defenders in the wrong direction as he made near post runs with a purpose. Deft touches, brilliant turns, and a two-footed finisher brought lightening pace to the United attack making it very difficult for defenses to keep up with him (when he was healthy). Louis Saha was a blessed talent to play for Manchester United, and we can only hope he enjoyed his time at Old Trafford as much as the fans enjoyed his brilliant full-steam-ahead mentality.

http://strettynews.com/remember-louis-saha/?

WhiteJC

Gameiro joins Sydney FC

Sydney FC has signed Young Socceroos striker Corey Gameiro to a two-year contract as Frank Farina continues to remould the Sky Blues squad ahead of the 2013-2014 A-League season.

The 20-year-old played his junior football in Wollongong and joins Sydney FC after spending three years on the books of English Premier League club Fulham, during which time he was loaned to FC Eindhoven (Netherlands) and Wellington Phoenix.

Gameiro is currently with the Young Socceroos at the FIFA U-20 World Cup in Turkey but will take up his place with Sydney FC at the end of the tournament.

"I'm really excited to be joining Sydney FC," Gameiro said.

"I grew up in Wollongong and it will be like coming home. I'm looking forward to joining my new team-mates in pre-season training, playing alongside a great of the game like Alessandro Del Piero and learning from Frank Farina and the Sydney FC coaching staff. Although, I hope to help the Under-20s progress further at the World Cup here in Turkey."

Gameiro made an impact in front of goal during the 2012 AFC U-19 Championship, scoring a hat-trick in Australia's win over Jordan on the way to helping secure its place at the current FIFA U-20 World Cup.

In nine appearances for the Young Socceroos Gameiro has scored six goals, giving Farina another exciting option in the attacking third.

"Corey is another good addition to the squad ahead of the upcoming season," Farina said.

"He made an impression in a short period of time with Wellington last year, has played well for the Under-20s and we're pleased he'll join us for the next two seasons. He is a good young striker and he will fit in nicely with what we are trying to achieve at Sydney FC over the next few years."

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/news/1157634/?

WhiteJC

Jol loses out as target chooses Greece

Olympiacos have beaten Fulham to the signing of Marseille midfielder Morgan Amalfitano on loan with an option to buy.

Fulham boss Martin Jol was hopeful of concluding a season-long loan deal for the classy Frenchman, who wants to leave France to secure regular first-team football. The 28-year-old joined Marseille from Lorient two years ago but failed to live up to expectations and only started around half of their games last term after a slump in form. The Ligue 1 side will allow him to leave on loan, and Craven Cottage had been a possible destination when Jol showed an interest. But Amalfitano has chosen to sign for Greek champions Olympiacos after speaking to their South African sporting director Pierre Issa - a former Marseille full-back, who he knows well. Olympiacos are willing to match Amalfitano's 40,000 euros a week wages and were prepared to pay £1.5million for him, but Marseille wanted £3million for the permanent deal.

Read more at: http://www.clubcall.com/fulham/jol-loses-out-as-target-chooses-greece-1602986.html?

WhiteJC

Ashkan Aiming High

Ashkan Dejagah is hoping to be ready for the start of the 2013/14 Barclays Premier League season as he continues his rehabilitation from injury.

Having signed from German side Wolfsburg on deadline day in August 2012, Dejagah made 21 appearances for the Club last season but suffered ankle ligament damage in the 3-2 win over Queens Park Rangers on 1st April, ruling him out for the remainder of the term.

But the flying winger has been working hard on his fitness and is keen to get back on the pitch as soon as possible.

"I feel good. It has been nine weeks since my operation and I have started running," he told the official website. "I am looking forward to starting training again soon and I have five or six weeks to work with the physios to get me in the best possible shape for pre-season games and the start of the Premier League."

The injury came at a bad time for the midfielder - and Fulham - as he was just starting to showcase his obvious potential.

"It was a big blow," he added. "It was the first time that I have suffered a big injury like that and it was frustrating as I was playing well. It would have been great to finish the season and help the team, but this is football and hopefully I can come back even stronger.

"I am very motivated because I want to build on last season. I really enjoyed playing in the Premier League and it was good for me to play. I hope I am ready for the first game and have enough time to work with the team before the start of the season. I look forward to playing a part in pre-season so I can be as fit as possible."

The 26-year-old will be setting himself some personal targets when he returns to the fold, with goalscoring top of his list.

"I want to score my first goal for Fulham," he said. "I always try my best and, as a midfielder, I want to get goals and assists. That is why I am in the team and I want to get as many as possible when I am back on the pitch."

With Dejagah on the sidelines, his country Iran qualified for the 2014 FIFA World Cup with a win over South Korea in Asian Qualifying earlier this month and our man is looking forward to next summer already.

"It was amazing for Iran," he added. "I watched every game and called the players afterwards to congratulate them. It is a dream for every player to represent their country at the World Cup, so it means so much to my teammates and I'm so excited for us.

"This season is a big one for me personally and for Fulham. I want to do everything I can to play well and then hopefully I can play for my country in Brazil next summer."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2013/june/28/ashkan-aim?

WhiteJC

Sunderland enter talks with Spurs over £5m move for Huddlestone in bid to beat competition from Hull and Fulham

Sunderland are in talks with Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Tom Huddlestone over a £5million move to Wearside.

But Sunderland boss Paolo Di Canio still faces competition from Hull City and Fulham for the 26-year-old who is looking to quit White Hart Lane.

Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas gave Huddlestone 29 appearances last season after a successful return from his latest injury but he is willing to sell the injury-plagued midfielder, who has another two years on his contract.

Targeted: Tom Huddlestone could be headed to Sunderland

Hull boss Steve Bruce has also been in contact with Tottenham and Huddlestone's representatives in the last week while Fulham manager Martin Jol, who made a bid for the player in the January transfer, signed him from Derby County for Spurs seven years ago.

Di Canio has added four senior players, plus three more for the development squad, but they have all been free transfers.

He is hoping to secure a deal for Le Havre full-back Benjamin Mendy, which would come to £5million, although the three parties are still locked in talks.

Incoming? Le Havre's Benjamin Mendy could also join Paolo Di Canio's squad

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2350604/Sunderland-enter-talks-Tottenham-Spurs-5m-Tom-Huddlestone.html#ixzz2XWKGQy7j
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

WhiteJC

Stoke lead chase for former Fulham star

Stoke are leading the chase to sign former Fulham utility man Chris Baird.

The Northern Ireland international has become a free agent after he was released by Fulham at the end of last season.

Baird, who can play in midfield or defence, spent six years at Craven Cottage and has a wealth of experience in the top flight.

Stoke's new manager Mark Hughes is looking to strengthen the squad during the summer and knows Baird well following his time in charge of the west London club.

West Brom, Crystal Palace and QPR have also been linked with a move for the 31-year-old.

Read more: http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/130628/stoke-lead-chase-former-fulham-star-200559?#ixzz2XWLGJsZn
Follow us: @talksport on Twitter
Read more at http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/130628/stoke-lead-chase-former-fulham-star-200559?#cYycBPLQbzZX22i2.99

WhiteJC

Wolves start to look for Bakary Sako replacement
Wolves head coach Kenny Jackett today insisted the race is on to replace Bakary Sako.

Player of the Year Sako is set to seal a £4million-plus move to Fulham next week. as Wolves were today hoping to complete Jackett's first signing in Crewe midfielder Luke Murphy.

With Wolves resigned to Sako's departure, the player's representatives have negotiated with the Craven Cottage club and an agreement on personal terms is in place once the fee is thrashed out.

But Wolves chief executive Jez Moxey and his close friend, Fulham counterpart Alistair Mackintosh, are still haggling.

Moxey, aware Sako is easily Wolves' most expensive asset, is keen to drive the price as high as possible, just like he did successfully last year with Steven Fletcher and Matt Jarvis.

Fulham remain leading contenders for Sako's signature but Lille, Lyon and Marseille are keen to take the winger back to France.

Sako wants to prove himself in England and there are one or two other clubs in this country who could come to the table if the move to west London falls through.

The departure of Sako would be the third winger Wolves have lost this summer, with Stephen Hunt freed and Adam Hammill sold to Huddersfield.

And Jackett has already put out feelers for a natural replacement on the left.

He said: "Sako is the only natural wide left player in the squad and, if he does go, that would need some attention. And we would need that option in the squad? Yes.

"We would want someone who has played there, someone with experience there and preferably left footed."

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2013/06/28/wolves-start-to-look-for-bakary-sako-replacement/?

WhiteJC

Baird in Hughes Link-Up!

Released by Fulham, an interesting offer could be on the table for Chris Baird.

The Northern Ireland international, now thirty-one years of age, has already been linked with a move down the road to Queens Park Rangers, could be on the verge of linking up with Mark Hughes again.

The former Fulham boss is now in the Stoke City managerial chair, facing a hefty challenge succeeding the departed Tony Pulis, is being linked with a move to take Baird on board, on the playing side of things, to help assist with moving the Potteries club onwards and upwards.

We`ll report further when anything concrete is forthcoming!

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=323147#ixzz2XWLrEcq0

WhiteJC

Redmond`s Blue Fetish!

In our long running saga (well it feels that way) relating to our once reported interest in the Birmingham City player, Nathan Redmond, it appears there has been another twist.

Unfortunately, the twist doesn`t see our rumoured interest levels in the nineteen year-old winger upped a level, in fact it would seem that we`ve no chance of attracting the youngster to Craven Cottage, even if we tried.

The latest piece of gossip available to us infers that Redmond, who has been the subject of bids (both accepted) from Norwich and Swansea wants a move to Everton.

Perhaps he has a preference for all things blue!

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=323148#ixzz2XWM3W6KV