watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Dirk Kuyt, yes or no?

Started by malcbridger, June 30, 2013, 12:31:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

malcbridger

I would love to see Kuyt at Fulham. O.K, he's 32, but he is rarely injured, has a wonderful assists stats, always gives 100 percent and chips in with a few goals. Could be our Danny Murphy replacement (at last), and as Fenerbahce (however you spell it?) are now banned from European competition he is a viable target?

fulhamfever

He is a work horse I would have him

zschwartz

wrote about it in the silly season thread and i agree.

With the fenerbache scandal and ban from europe i don't think its that unreasonable that he might be looking for another club. Yes, he is relatively old. What is odd is that his injury record is nonexistent.  Look at the stats for appearances over the last 15 years:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dirk_Kuyt#Club_career_2

56 apps (17 goals, 15 assists) last season at 32 years of age. He hasn't had a season below 38 apps in the last decade and never one below 30 in his professional career.

Offers endless running, deft touch, good in the air, comfortable in multiple positions, not afraid of a tackle, etc. in the pocket or rotating central midfield/wide, he'll do good work.

We've got too many wingers (Or enough given the lack of players in other positions, CM). Still, I would also welcome Kuyt.

Lighthouse

Really? I can see no reason why we would want a player like Kuyt. Unless we are going along the lines of last season and going for players who are at best fillers, as we cannot afford decent replacements.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Frankie-Peter Taylor

He'd be a delightful option for in the striking department. He could fill the Petric role up well.

JHunter_Fulham4Life

Can we get him on loan? (Kidding, kidding...)

Seriously, I could see him with us. If Duffer's going to be back, I think they'd make a good tandem.

Admin

Can't really see it. Berbatov is 32 and possibly in his last year with us, so I'd rather we invested in a younger striker (loan with an option) that could possibly fill the hole. 

Sheepskin Junior

I'd take him in a heartbeat
Youngest ever member. Just saying.

@LouieJW2507

JIMMY D

Bring him in Jol! He would give us 10+ goals... COUW!

MJG

No. He would only get a look in for ten minutes here or there as one of the strikers or if played on the wing he's only taking any one of these four players place. Dejagah/duff/kaca/frei
Not needed at all.

JBH

Yes please quality player and a goal scorer

KP_FFC

wouldnt mind, works very hard for the team and can play in numerous positions, but i would prefer someone younger and a bit faster

EJL

Putney

He has 2 years left on his contract so he's not going to be cheap.

If we are in the market for a right winger or inside right then I'd rather spend the money on a youngster or an older player for cheap/free.

David Allen Crankshaw

Too old and would limit the chances for a much younger player coming in.

Bryanthebroom

I'd take him so long as we bring in some younger talent as well.

Flupp

"take me home al fayed to the place where i belong craven cottage by the river take me home al fayed"

alfie

Isn't it good that so many supporters see a player in complete opposites
:023:
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

zschwartz

Quote from: alfie on June 30, 2013, 04:13:44 PM
Isn't it good that so many supporters see a player in complete opposites
:023:
ya, he's a player of the highest quality but at the end of his career and in a position we don't particularly need... it is a decent gamble either way. if the move ever got to the point of having an actual price tag i imagine plenty of these assessments would change.

grandad

Only as cover for Dejagah not 1st choice. We do not need another player 32+. We must build for the future.
Where there's a will there's a wife