Started by Markffc123, June 28, 2013, 02:55:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmg

Quote from: alfie on July 01, 2013, 08:05:28 AM
Quote from: cmg on June 30, 2013, 10:51:34 AM
Quote from: alfie on June 30, 2013, 08:19:51 AM
my favourite player of all time anywhere
Bobby Moore

He was not the greatest of players but he like Mclintock at Arsenal knew how to read the game, and always seemed to get himself in the right position.

I miss his style an awful lot.

"Never use a superlative," an old time newspaper editor once told one of his reporters. "Nothing you run into on this kind of beat ever justifies a superlative." There is no doubt that superlativies are bandied about far too liberally these days, but the editor's view was surely an unduly pessimistic one. After all, what is football if not the pursuit of greatness?

You see, I disagree with you Alfie. I think Bobby Moore WAS the greatest defensive player I ever saw.

And Pele and Franz Beckenbauer thought so too.
Well that told me

065.gif Just my opinion, mate. And we all know what that's worth.....The other two blokes might just know what they're talking about, though!

L-Wizzy

Twitter: @officialslimwiz

Vinnieffc

Quote from: Fulham Far East on June 30, 2013, 06:37:05 AM
Zat Knight

064.gif 064.gif 064.gif

For my Tuppence worth, I go for Franco Baresi. As a sweeper myself I tried to emulate him ( to varying degrees of success !!).

And should we not forget the towering talent that was Jeff Eckhardt.....

The Wild Goat

Bobby Moore probably the best even Pele said so, and Rudi Krol and he'd got a fantastic shot on him as well (JAR would love to be like him!)