https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Monday Fulham Stuff (01/07/13)...

Started by WhiteJC, July 01, 2013, 04:32:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Transfer news: Wolves' Bakary Sako wants move to Premier League Fulham

Bakary Sako: Says he was told he could leave if they didn't earn promotion

Want-away Wolverhampton Wanderers winger Bakary Sako has asked the club to give him permission to open talks with Fulham.

Last summer's £2.2million signing from St Etienne wants to quit Molineux following the shock relegation to League One and he has his sights on the Premier League.

Sako, who was Wolves Player of the Year last season, believes he has kept his side now wants chief executive Jez Moxey to keep a promise that he could leave if they did not earn promotion from the Championship in 2012/13.

"When I joined Wolves, the club said to me the aim was to reach the Premier League together," said Sako.

"I am sad that has not happened but I gave everything and have always been respectful to the club.

"At that first meeting, I sat with [the former Wolves manager] Stale Solbakken and Jez Moxey and they told me if we didn't get promoted, the club would let me go.

"I was told I could speak to Fulham and now I don't understand the delay. I would like things to be sorted out.

"I am only being ambitious. I believe the fans will understand that. In the difficult moments we had last season, they were very good to me and I hope they saw someone who gave everything back to them.

"I will never speak badly of the supporters."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11699/8799216?

WhiteJC

Fulham Seek Swedish Striker

The Sunday press are intimating that Martin Jol is trying to wrestle the PSV Eindhoven striker, Ola Toivonen, away from the grasp of Norwich City.

Although it is being reported that Toivonen is on the verge of a £4.7 million move to Norwich, Jol is hoping that the offer of a higher salary may tempt the player to Craven Cottage.

His task may be helped by the fact that Jol and the player share the same agent. Furthermore, and this might be pushing it a little too far, Jol is hoping to get the £4.7 million fee down to a more respectable £3 million based on the fact that the 26year-old has only twelve months left on his contract.

An interesting one!

I wonder which way this one will turn!

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=323342#ixzz2XlGKtpwC

WhiteJC

Sako Wants Premier League Move

Yesterday we reported on how a trio of French clubs were sniffing around our transfer target Bakary Sako.

Our fears were that any potential move could be jeopardised by this interest.

Well, this morning, it seems that our fears were misplaced with Sako indicating that he wants the situation sorted out quickly, remarking in the media,

"I`d like things sorted. I am only being ambitious."

Furthermore, it seems that Sako wants to test his abilities out in the Premier League!

Now that is interesting!

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=323346#ixzz2XlGVzVm5

WhiteJC

Fulham eye audacious swoop for ex-Liverpool striker

Cottagers feel they can persuade the Dutchman to move back to the Premier League next season.

Fulham have emerged as surprise candidates to sign Fenerbahce front man Dirk Kuyt this summer, according to reports in the Star on Sunday.

The experienced Netherlands international has only been with the Istanbul giants for just the past season now, having originally signed for the club from Liverpool for just 1 million euros on a three-year deal in June 2012.

And in his debut campaign in Turkey, the 32-year-old enjoyed a fine season in front of goal for his new club, finding the back of the net on 17 occasions in total in all competitions in his 56 matches, including eight strikes in 31 league outings.

However, Fulham head coach Martin Jol believes that he can now persuade his fellow countryman to swap Istanbul for London when the summer transfer window finally swings open into action once again on July 1 after it was recently confirmed that Fenerbahce had been banned by Uefa from next season's Champions League.

http://www.fanatix.com/news/fulham-eye-audacious-swoop-for-ex-liverpool-striker/125395/

WhiteJC

Sako plots Molineux escape as Wolves winger wants cut-price move to Fulham

French winger Bakary Sako has pleaded with his club Wolves to lower his £4million asking price and allow him to move to Fulham.

Sako joined Wolves for £2.2m last summer and won the club's player of the year award in a disastrous season which saw the club relegated for a second successive season.

Faced with the prospect of playing in League One - and with Premier League interest mounting - the 25-year-old has made his feelings clear.

Main man: But Bakary Sako wants Wolves to slash his asking price so he is able to leave the club

'When I joined Wolves, the club said to me the aim was to reach the Premier League together,' Sako told the Observer.

'I am sad that has not happened, but I gave everything and have always been respectful to the club.

'At that first meeting, I sat with (former Wolves manager) Stale Solbakken and Jez Moxey (chief executive) and they told me if we didn't get promoted, the club would let me go.

New boss? Sako wants to force through a move to Fulham, where manager Martin Jol is keen on him

I was told I could speak to Fulham and now I don't understand the delay.

'I would like things to be sorted out. I am only being ambitious. I believe the fans will understand that.'

Former Saint-Etienne winger Sako scored nine goals in 37 Championship games last season.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2351894/Bakary-Sako-wants-to-Fulham-Wolves.html#ixzz2XlHHJRQ6
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

WhiteJC

Former Liverpool and Fulham midfielder Murphy looking for way out of Blackburn

Danny Murphy is close to agreeing a deal to quit Blackburn.

The former Fulham midfielder endured a nightmare first season at the Championship club and Rovers are keen to move him out.

Murphy still has a year left on his £30,000 a week contract but is willing to sort out a deal so he can find a new club.

Disappointing: More was expected of Murphy, especially considering his huge wages

It could be a turbulent summer at Ewood Park, as Bolton are considering a bid for Blackburn striker Jordan Rhodes. 

Meanwhile, Rovers face competition from Leeds for talented Crewe midfielder Luke Murphy.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2352043/Danny-Murphy-looking-leave-Blackburn-Rovers.html#ixzz2XlHnljyZ
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

WhiteJC

Thank You

The Club would like to thank all the Fulham players whose contracts expired on 30th June for their service to the Craven Cottage cause over the years.

Australian goalkeeper Mark Schwarzer was signed on a free transfer in 2008 after more than a decade at Middlesbrough and became a virtual ever-present in the side as our established number one. The stopper made his 500th top-flight appearance against Arsenal last season and, in doing so, became the first overseas player to reach that milestone.

Schwarzer made his Fulham debut against Hull City and played every minute of the 2008/09 campaign to pick up the Club's Player of the Year award at the end of his first season. Playing a huge role in our run to the UEFA Europa League Final in 2010, he became a Cottage favourite and made three penalty saves last season - most notably in the 3-3 draw at the Emirates against Arsenal.

Previously our longest-serving current player, Simon Davies wrote himself into Fulham folklore by scoring vital goals against Hamburg and Atletico Madrid during our Europa League Final run. Having signed from Everton in 2007, he made his debut against Sheffield United and put in an impressive first full season thanks to his his pace and dynamism.

Davies' international career with Wales ended in 2010, but his dramatic equaliser against Hamburg to help us get back to win the game 2-1 will forever be remembered by Fulham fans; as will his goal in the Final that almost saw us clinch glory.

Northern Ireland defender Chris Baird has been a valuable player for Fulham thanks to his incredible versatility and he started the Europa League Final at right-back.

Signed from Southampton in 2007, 'Bairdinho' scored his first goals for the Club on 28th December 2010 against Stoke City (a long-range brace in a 2-0 win) that helped to kickstart our campaign. Earlier this season he showcased his versatility by slotting into a defensive midfield role and proved that his goalscoring touch hadn't deserted him when he notched in consecutive October weeks against Aston Villa and Reading.

Greek warrior Giorgos Karagounis only arrived at the Club in September 2012 but proved himself to a vital part of our midfield and hammered home long-range strikes against Wigan Athletic and Blackpool in January. The effort against Blackpool came a close second in our Goal of the Season award, while the veteran was also pipped by Dimitar Berbatov in the voting for Fans' Player of the Season as well, proving that even in a short time he won over the Cottage with his tenacity and never-say-die attitude.

Striker Mladen Petrić could not have made a better start to life at Fulham when he netted five goals in four appearances on our pre-season tour – including a stunning bicycle-kick against Nice. Known by Martin Jol from their time together at Hamburg, he then bagged a brace on his Premier League debut against Norwich City in the first game of the 2012/13 season. The Croatian showed great predatory instincts by scoring five goals in nine starts, while he made a further 14 appearances from the bench.

Goalkeeper Csaba Somogyi became the first signing of the Jol era when he arrived at the Club during the summer of 2011. The Hungarian was called up to the bench for the Premier League game against West Bromwich Albion on 1st January, but did not make a First Team appearance during his time in SW6 and spent time on loan at Dartford towards the end of last term.

From the Development Squad, the Club would also like to thank Alex Smith, James Musa, Richard Peniket, Tom Donegan and Corey Gameiro. Smith and Donegan both made appearances for the First Team: Alex came on as a substitute in the 3-0 win over West Brom in September, while Tom made his senior bow against Crusaders in a Europa League qualifying game in 2011.

Fulham Football Club owes all of our successes to its players, so we would like to wish all the guys the very best for their future careers.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2013/july/01/thank-you?

WhiteJC

Derek Boateng gets pre-season headstart at Fulham

Ghana midfielder Derek Boateng has already began pre-season training at Fulham even before the arrival of manager Martin Jol from holidays, GHANAsoccernet.com can exclusively reveal.

The 30-year-old arrived in London early last week to begin personal training ahead of the official reporting time for players to begin the club's pre-season activities.

Boateng is eager to be an instant hit with the Cottagers after finally joining as a free agent this post-season following the cancellation of his contract with Ukrainian club FC Dnipro.

The Ghana international is currently working with an assigned personal trainer to get a head start on his colleagues.

All Fulham players are expected to report by the end of this week ahead of their trip to Costa Rica for a couple of friendly matches.

The Cottagers will be Cartagines, Alajuelense and Deportivo Sapprissa while in South America.

They are also scheduled to play Werder Bremen, Real Betis and Parma before kicking off their Premier League season on August 17 at Sunderland.

http://www.ghanasoccernet.com/derek-boateng-gets-pre-season-headstart-at-fulham/?

WhiteJC

Danny Murphy has parted company with Blackburn by mutual agreement

Danny Murphy: Midfielder parts company with Blackburn

Former England midfielder Danny Murphy has parted company with Blackburn Rovers.

The 36-year-old has reached an agreement to terminate his contract at Ewood Park with immediate effect.

His departure follows recent discussions with Rovers manager Gary Bowyer.

Murphy, who started his career at Crewe before spells with Liverpool, Charlton and Tottenham, spent five seasons with Fulham after joining them from Spurs in August 2007.

He moved to Blackburn last summer on a two-year contract and made 35 appearances for them last season, scoring two goals.

A statement on Blackburn's official website read: "The club would like to place on record its thanks to Danny for his efforts and we wish him well for the future."

Sky Sports understands that his former club Fulham could offer Murphy a route back to the Premier League in a possible player-coach role.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11681/8800459?

WhiteJC

Dan Burn can be hot stuff for Birmingham City, says his former boss

Former Darlington manager Mark Cooper says young defender has the character needed to deal with the Championship

Dan Burn at Wembley after Yeovil Town's League One play-off final victory over Brentford

Dan Burn has been backed to blossom during his loan move to Birmingham City.

Former Darlington boss Mark Cooper said the 21-year-old defender would not be fazed by the switch from Fulham.

Burn and Swansea City centre-half Kyle Bartley, 22, are set to join Blues this week on season-long agreements.

Cooper gave Burn an extended run in the Darlington side in the Conference, which quickly led to his transfer to Craven Cottage.

And Cooper said he was ready to make the next step in his career, at St Andrew's.

"He won't be fazed by it, not at all," insisted Cooper, who is currently Swindon Town's assistant manager.

"He's a great character, from a real nice family and he's a young lad willing to listen, learn and improve.

"And the main thing is that he has got the attributes to handle the Championship and do well.

"Dan has a very calm manner for his age, he's got a really good left foot and he's good in the air, which he should be for someone his size.

"Some players don't jump their height, but Dan's not like that.

"He's good at corners in both boxes and he can play, too. He can pass it long, he can pass it short and he's comfortable taking the ball off the goalkeeper.

"Every time I have seen him he has gone from strength to strength and I can understand why Lee Clark is signing him."

The 6ft 6in Burn spent last season on loan at Yeovil Town. His back-post header from a corner turned out to be the decisive goal in the League One play-off final against Brentford.

Clark was present at Wembley, as was Cooper, who made 44 appearances for Blues, managed by his father Terry between 1991-92.

"In that final he showed he can handle the big occasion," said Cooper.

"When Brentford sent everyone up in the last few minutes he was heading it away, making clearances – he was really dominant."

Burn made Premier League clubs sit up and take notice when Cooper threw him into the Darlington team in 2010-11.

David Moyes, then at Everton, watched him in person but Fulham wasted no time, spiriting him away for £350,000.

Cooper recalled: "We had injuries and I put in this gangly, ungainly 17-year-old.

"I have to admit, when I first saw him I wasn't sure. It was his size. He was a big lad, with no muscle.

"But once he stepped out on to that pitch I knew then he was going to go far. You could see it in how he played and how assured he was.

"He played seven, eight, nine games and we were inundated with Premier League scouts. I'd say 75 per cent of the Premier League clubs were represented at our games.

"Fulham were the ones who came the most times and I think all the dossiers they had on him, and their plans and programmes they had for him to improve and fill out, he felt they were the best opportunity.

"I think they have pitched it about right loaning him last season, and now allowing him to go to Birmingham, and I'm sure he will be fine moving up a level again."

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/dan-burn-can-hot-stuff-4799897?

WhiteJC

Transfer news: Goalkeeper Mark Schwarzer leaves Fulham after five years

Mark Schwarzer is leaving Craven Cottage after Fulham confirmed he had turned down a new contract.

The 40-year-old goalkeeper, who left Middlesbrough to move to London on a free transfer in 2008, has made more than 500 Premier League appearances during his career.

Two other players released by the west London club are defender Chris Baird and midfielder Simon Davies.

The 31-year-old Baird signed from Southampton in 2007, the same year that Davies joined from Everton.

Others released are midfielder Giorgos Karagounis and striker Mladen Petric, both of whom only spent one season at the club.

Alex Smith, James Musa, Richard Peniket, Tom Donegan and Corey Gameiro - who are all development squad players - have also been shown the door by Fulham.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/8800497?

WhiteJC

Transfer news: Issam El Adoua opts for Levante over English clubs

Issam El Adoua: Looking forward to taking on a new challenge in Spain

Issam El Adoua has opted to sign for Levante after previously being linked with a move to the Premier League.

The Morocco international defender was reported to be a target for West Bromwich Albion and Fulham.

He has, however, agreed to leave Victoria Guimares and pen a two-year deal with Levante.

El Adoua admits he had favoured a switch to England initially, but is convinced that his career can blossom in Spain.

He said: "I wanted to choose an English club until Levante came in.

"They showed that they want me more than the English clubs so I have come to a club where African players have done well in the past.

"I can help the club in two different positions, so my versatility is something they have thought about."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8800633/?

WhiteJC

Fulham confirm Mark Schwarzer is to leave the club
• Veteran goalkeeper rejected offer of new contact
• Baird, Karagounis and Davies among others leaving Fulham

Fulham have confirmed that the Australian goalkeeper Mark Schwarzer is leaving the club.

The 40-year-old, who signed from Middlesbrough on a free transfer in 2008, had been offered a new contract but turned it down.

Schwarzer, the first overseas player to make 500 top-flight appearances in England, is one of a number of players confirmed by the club as being released. Others include Chris Baird, 31, who signed from Southampton in 2007, plus the Greece midfielder Giorgos Karagounis and Croatia striker Mladen Petric, both after only one season at Craven Cottage.

Another departure is the former Wales winger Simon Davies, a key member of Fulham's run to the 2010 Europa League final.

Other departures include the Hungarian keeper Csaba Somogyi, manager Martin Jol's first signing two years ago, plus development squad players Alex Smith, James Musa, Richard Peniket, Tom Donegan and Corey Gameiro.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jul/01/mark-schwarzer-fulham

WhiteJC

GUS POYET FAVOURITE FOR FULHAM, NEWCASTLE, CARDIFF, SWANSEA AND SOUTHAMPTON JOBS!

SACKED Brighton boss Gus Poyet is the favourite for FIVE Premier League jobs.

The Uruguayan was informed he had been axed by the Seagulls live on BBC last week during their Confederations Cup coverage.

He's pledged to appeal against the decision but bookies have tipped him for bigger and better things.

Poyet, who led Brighton into the Championship play-offs last season, is an ODDS-ON chance to replace Martin Jol at Fulham.

But it's not just the Cottagers that bookmakers reckon he could join.

Poyet is favourite to become the next permanent manager of Newcastle, Southampton, Swansea AND Cardiff.

Brighton have already appointed Oscar Garcia as Poyet's replacement.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/323699/?

WhiteJC

Fulham release 11 players in massive summer cull

MARK Schwarzer is among 11 Fulham players shown the door in a massive summer clear-out at Craven Cottage.

The veteran Aussie's exit was confirmed this morning after five years in SW6, while Chris Baird, Mladen Petric, Giorgos Karagounis and Simon Davies are also on their way after their deals expired.

Csaba Somogyi, Alex Smith, James Musa, Richard Peniket, Tom Donegan and Corey Gameiro complete the list.

Read more: Fulham Chronicle http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/fulham-fc/2013/07/01/82029-33550666/?#ixzz2XnrNX6Qj

Admin

Quote from: WhiteJC on July 01, 2013, 03:12:28 PM

GUS POYET FAVOURITE FOR FULHAM, NEWCASTLE, CARDIFF, SWANSEA AND SOUTHAMPTON JOBS!

SACKED Brighton boss Gus Poyet is the favourite for FIVE Premier League jobs.

The Uruguayan was informed he had been axed by the Seagulls live on BBC last week during their Confederations Cup coverage.

He's pledged to appeal against the decision but bookies have tipped him for bigger and better things.

Poyet, who led Brighton into the Championship play-offs last season, is an ODDS-ON chance to replace Martin Jol at Fulham.

But it's not just the Cottagers that bookmakers reckon he could join.

Poyet is favourite to become the next permanent manager of Newcastle, Southampton, Swansea AND Cardiff.

Brighton have already appointed Oscar Garcia as Poyet's replacement.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/323699/?

fp.gif Laziest of the laziest..

MikeR

Quote from: WhiteJC on July 01, 2013, 03:03:13 PM
The Cottagers will be Cartagines, Alajuelense and Deportivo Sapprissa while in South America.
http://www.ghanasoccernet.com/derek-boateng-gets-pre-season-headstart-at-fulham/?
Copy editors must be in short supply over there at ghanasoccernet, along with knowledge of world geography.
We are here and it is now. Further than that, all human knowledge is moonshine. - H. L. Mencken