more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Official list of released players

Started by Zu-Meister, July 01, 2013, 09:34:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zu-Meister

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2013/july/01/thank-you

The Club would like to thank all the Fulham players whose contracts expired on 30th June for their service to the Craven Cottage cause over the years.

Australian goalkeeper Mark Schwarzer was signed on a free transfer in 2008 after more than a decade at Middlesbrough and became a virtual ever-present in the side as our established number one. The stopper made his 500th top-flight appearance against Arsenal last season and, in doing so, became the first overseas player to reach that milestone.

Schwarzer made his Fulham debut against Hull City and played every minute of the 2008/09 campaign to pick up the Club's Player of the Year award at the end of his first season. Playing a huge role in our run to the UEFA Europa League Final in 2010, he became a Cottage favourite and made three penalty saves last season - most notably in the 3-3 draw at the Emirates against Arsenal.

Previously our longest-serving current player, Simon Davies wrote himself into Fulham folklore by scoring vital goals against Hamburg and Atletico Madrid during our Europa League Final run. Having signed from Everton in 2007, he made his debut against Sheffield United and put in an impressive first full season thanks to his his pace and dynamism.

Davies' international career with Wales ended in 2010, but his dramatic equaliser against Hamburg to help us get back to win the game 2-1 will forever be remembered by Fulham fans; as will his goal in the Final that almost saw us clinch glory.

Northern Ireland defender Chris Baird has been a valuable player for Fulham thanks to his incredible versatility and he started the Europa League Final at right-back.

Signed from Southampton in 2007, 'Bairdinho' scored his first goals for the Club on 28th December 2010 against Stoke City (a long-range brace in a 2-1 win) that helped to kickstart our campaign. Earlier this season he showcased his versatility by slotting into a defensive midfield role and proved that his goalscoring touch hadn't deserted him when he notched in consecutive October weeks against Aston Villa and Reading.

Greek warrior Giorgos Karagounis only arrived at the Club in September 2012 but proved himself to a vital part of our midfield and hammered home long-range strikes against Wigan Athletic and Blackpool in January. The effort against Blackpool came a close second in our Goal of the Season award, while the veteran was also pipped by Dimitar Berbatov in the voting for Fans' Player of the Season as well, proving that even in a short time he won over the Cottage with his tenacity and never-say-die attitude.

Striker Mladen Petrić could not have made a better start to life at Fulham when he netted five goals in four appearances on our pre-season tour – including a stunning bicycle-kick against Nice. Known by Martin Jol from their time together at Hamburg, he then bagged a brace on his Premier League debut against Norwich City in the first game of the 2012/13 season. The Croatian showed great predatory instincts by scoring five goals in nine starts, while he made a further 14 appearances from the bench.

Goalkeeper Csaba Somogyi became the first signing of the Jol era when he arrived at the Club during the summer of 2011. The Hungarian was called up to the bench for the Premier League game against West Bromwich Albion on 1st January, but did not make a First Team appearance during his time in SW6 and spent time on loan at Dartford towards the end of last term.

From the Development Squad, the Club would also like to thank Alex Smith, James Musa, Richard Peniket, Tom Donegan and Corey Gameiro. Smith and Donegan both made appearances for the First Team: Alex came on as a substitute in the 3-0 win over West Brom in September, while Tom made his senior bow against Crusaders in a Europa League qualifying game in 2011.

Fulham Football Club owes all of our successes to its players, so we would like to wish all the guys the very best for their future careers.

Riverside

No Diarra ?

Pay and play ?
Or training until and if he becomes fit again ?

Would love to see him fully fit and back again ....

Zu-Meister

Quote from: Riverside on July 01, 2013, 10:26:28 AM
No Diarra ?

Pay and play ?

would be good to see him fit again, but i hope the club isnt relying on his fitness as the solution to our midfield shortages.

General

No mention either of our loan players in manolev, Enoh or emanuelson.. Surely something would be mentioned... Especially as we have the option to keep on manolev and Enoh...

Brown@FFC

No Diarra ?

Pay and play ?

He is a luxury player, who you would only get a max of 15 games a season. We are a too small club to have that sort of a player.

Riverside

Quote from: Brown@FFC on July 01, 2013, 11:00:24 AM
No Diarra ?

Pay and play ?

He is a luxury player, who you would only get a max of 15 games a season. We are a too small club to have that sort of a player.

If he came back as good as he was before being injured and was only being paid as he played even   15 games would make a difference .
Unlikely to sign anyone as good . ( Enoch isn't , Boeteng isn't , Huddleston isn't )

Big Martin Jol

No Diarra is a good sign. Previously he'd been on the Premier League's list of players who hadn't had their contracts renewed, but he doesn't appear on the official 'release list' and as mentioned on another thread he (unlike other released players) is still on the first team section of the website.

Also, on Twitter he's hinted numerous times that he might have a future at Fulham. Last month he retweeted this

And since the end of the season he's referenced the Fulham physio as being his "pre-season star" and said that he's started running to "celebrate my recovery". I'm not a stalker, honest.

Anyway, if we do keep him on a pay-as-you-play deal (and I'm sure Jol would be that astute) then I would be very happy to keep him. He's been an important player for us in his rare spells without injury.
Scott Parker is the greatest living Englishman.

Bassey the warrior

Pay as you play is a win win for both sides.

Admin

petric just tweeted..................................................................Mladen Petrić
6 minutes ago ·
Very dissapointed about the happenings at FFC! But life is going on!!!

JackyFulham90

Would love to see us keep Diarra, even if we got him fit for only 15 games he would make a difference for us

JackyFulham90

Quote from: Admin on July 01, 2013, 10:58:58 PM
petric just tweeted..................................................................Mladen Petrić
6 minutes ago ·
Very dissapointed about the happenings at FFC! But life is going on!!!

Not sure what that means but Petric didn't do enough to earn a new deal & Jol is quite rightly making big changes to the squad

Big Martin Jol

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on July 01, 2013, 11:18:28 PM

Not sure what that means but Petric didn't do enough to earn a new deal & Jol is quite rightly making big changes to the squad

I think it's quite encouraging for our transfer prospects. Would Jol be prepared to get rid of a striker like Petric if he didn't have a firm replacement lined up?
Scott Parker is the greatest living Englishman.

Bryanthebroom

Quote from: Big Martin Jol on July 01, 2013, 11:23:19 PM
Quote from: JackyFulham90 on July 01, 2013, 11:18:28 PM

I think it's quite encouraging for our transfer prospects. Would Jol be prepared to get rid of a striker like Petric if he didn't have a firm replacement lined up?

Petric must be on fairly high wages as well (35/40k-ish). Better for the squad to sign someone younger with the opportunity to prove themselves on much lower wages

Crita

I was deeply saddened upon reading the first three names on this list. Not because I expected any of them to stay, but simply because all three (Schwarzer, Davies and Baird) have been a massive part not only of the club's success over the past 5/6 years, but also the embodiment of what I love about this club in its purest form.

I will miss them all.

Come on you Whites!  049:gif

PaulJ123

Unless Petric was told he was going to get a new deal, and we didn't offer him one, i don't see why he can be "disappointed" really.

He had 2 good games at the start of the season, then was pretty useless since Berbatov arrived and he was used as a sub (which would happen again next season)

GoldCoastWhite

Quote from: Crita on July 02, 2013, 01:17:17 AM
I was deeply saddened upon reading the first three names on this list. Not because I expected any of them to stay, but simply because all three (Schwarzer, Davies and Baird) have been a massive part not only of the club's success over the past 5/6 years, but also the embodiment of what I love about this club in its purest form.

I will miss them all.

Yep, wot he said !  049:gif Thanks and good luck gentlemen.  :047:

MJG

Quote from: PaulJ123 on July 02, 2013, 01:36:19 AM
Unless Petric was told he was going to get a new deal, and we didn't offer him one, i don't see why he can be "disappointed" really.

He had 2 good games at the start of the season, then was pretty useless since Berbatov arrived and he was used as a sub (which would happen again next season)
Maybe because up to Berbatov coming it looked like he was going to be the main striker.
He then loses his place, does not play enough and generally the season was a waste for him. Also Jol did say that he would consider a new contract for Petric, but that clearly did not come along. Hence he's disappointed.

Good player but very one paced and with him, Ruiz and Berbatov in the team we have a walking pace front line.

filham

Quote from: Crita on July 02, 2013, 01:17:17 AM

I will miss them all.

They have served us well and deserve a special mention.