watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Canada Day

Started by domprague, July 01, 2013, 11:16:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

domprague

Join me and my fellow Canadians Tomasz Radzinski and Paul Peschisolido in celebrating Canada Day today. Although I was born and raised in West London, my Dad's side of the family are from Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, a place so flat you can watch your dog run away for three days.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

Rhys Lightning 63

Don't forget Paul Stalteri
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

cmg

Quote from: domprague on July 01, 2013, 11:16:39 AM
Join me and my fellow Canadians Tomasz Radzinski and Paul Peschisolido in celebrating Canada Day today. Although I was born and raised in West London, my Dad's side of the family are from Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, a place so flat you can watch your dog run away for three days.

....untie the poor little critter.

I gave it a burst of O, Canada this morning - which won me few odd looks from the rush hour commuters.

Good luck to Canada and all Canadians, Canadiens and Canadiennes. Probably the nicest country I've ever been to (apart from all that language business). Probably a bit too nice for a South Londoner like me.

Have a wonderful time.

jarv

I lived in Vancouver for a year, when young. Very nice city, liked it there but it does rain a lot.

LBNo11

...and a Canuck has started his first day in charge of the Bank of England.

Slightly off topic, but 97 years ago the British colonial Newfoundland Regiment (Newfoundland didn't become part of the Canadian Confederation until 1949) were virtually wiped put of existence attacking Beaumont Hamel on the first day of The Somme... 065.gif
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

jmh

WhiteJC

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on July 01, 2013, 12:13:27 PM

OK....

a place so flat you can watch Paul Stalteri run away for three days.  :Get Coat gif:

CanadianCottager

Happy Canada Day from the centre of the universe Toronto, Ontario! May we soon see another Canadian in Fulham's colours!  065.gif 049:gif 082.gif

Fulham Tup North

049:gif ......and my Birthday!!  oh and Happy Birthday Debbie Harry.  Back in the day...... :dft011:.. :blow candles: 081.gif
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Holders

Reminds me of the classic German joke: Warum heisst Canada Canada? Weil es gibt keine da!

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

fulhamben

Quote from: WhiteJC on July 01, 2013, 04:34:00 PM
Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on July 01, 2013, 12:13:27 PM

OK....

a place so flat you can watch Paul Stalteri run away for three days.  :Get Coat gif:
with the pace stalteri had, you could probably watch him run away for a week
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Forever Fulham

I'm on holidays in Ontario this week, beating the oppressive Texas summer heat.  We left Barrie today and drove through Orillia, Fenelon Falls, and onto Bobcaygeon.  Had a nice dinner on the river.  A balmy 70 degrees.  Lovely.  There's something really nice about the Kawartha Lakes region--cottage country.  Unfortunately, the prices of ordinary consumer goods have skyrocketed here compared to the States.  Things you'd never expect to be more expensive here.  Like maple syrup!  My wife can walk into a Costco in Texas and buy maple syrup, same quantity, for $5 less than at a supermarket in Ontario.  That's not right.  I also watched the world's best knuckleball pitcher, R.A. Dickey, now playing for Toronto,  baffle the murderers row of batters for the Detroit Tigers on Canada Day.  Nice.  How he can throw that thing with control is a wonder.  You can see the seams on the baseball, with no rotation on the ball, as it floats its way to and past the batter.  We're heading up to Parry Sound tomorrow and the Georgian Bay, the prettiest part of the Great Lakes.  Best regards to all.