News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

evening standard...dempsey on the list???

Started by jarv, July 01, 2013, 10:32:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarv

So, Clint's champions league dream looks all but over. The evening standard just listed a bunch of players about to be made available for transfer by Tottenham. Clint is amongst them.  Fan's comments were pleased he might be going. Food for thought. West Ham next for Clint?

rusty shackleford

Dempsey + money for Kaca?

A Spurs fan told me as recently as this week that Dempsey is "An awful footballer but scores goals"

whiteinedinburgh

Rhys Lightning 63

@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

General

Quote from: whiteinedinburgh on July 01, 2013, 10:43:31 PM
I'd welcome him back with open arms.

Not if we had to sacrifice another player as part of the deal.

Bassey the warrior

I don't want Kaca to go but yes Dempsey would be welcome for the right price.

Artful Dodger

Bring him home. Any player part of the Euro adventure should be welcomed back!
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

EJL

Quote from: Artful Dodger on July 01, 2013, 10:58:59 PM
Bring him home. Any player part of the Euro adventure should be welcomed back!
Someone get John Pantsil on the phone!

Big Martin Jol

Even at thirty I'd take him back, but not at the expense of Kacaniklic.

I think he's been somewhat surprised by his place in the pecking order and relative lack of warmth at Spurs - and at his age the reality is that he's not likely to get a real chance at the Champions' League. Maybe he would be willing to return to Fulham where he was/is valued, who knows.
Scott Parker is the greatest living Englishman.

The Bronsons

Can't see this happening. Neither Mo nor Jol nor Dempsey strike me as the forgive-and-forget types.

KP_FFC

i doubt he'd come back, but i would love it if he does.

Berserker

I think too many issues happened between Clint, Jol and Mo, therefore I can't seem him coming back here.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

SKSW6

Didn't he say he was crying on the phone to his mum throughout last summer as it was so "stressful" for him? Can't see it happening and I don't want to lose Kaca.

JackyFulham90

I think we need to move on from Dempsey he was amazing for us but the way he left makes it difficult for him to return

fulhamben

he made his bed. and he couldnt wait to leave us so why so many would welcome him back is beyond me. hopefully mr ambition will talk him into going to stoke with the promise of a champions league winners medal in 2 years time
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Snibbo

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on July 01, 2013, 11:32:16 PM
I think we need to move on from Dempsey he was amazing for us but the way he left makes it difficult for him to return
Agreed. He made it clear he didn't think we were good enough for him.  No thanks.

cebu

Quote from: General on July 01, 2013, 10:46:31 PM
Quote from: whiteinedinburgh on July 01, 2013, 10:43:31 PM
I'd welcome him back with open arms.

Not if we had to sacrifice another player as part of the deal.

Now if you had said "Senderos" instead of "another player", you'd probably find a few die-hard FoFers who believe in human sacrifice (I'm NOT one of them) ...

St Eve

No thanks. We weren't good enough for him. He wanted to go to Liverpool and they didn't want him so he panicked. Jumped to Spurs. No Champions league football, no Europa final and no longer a star. Just another squad player.

Texas White

Quote from: fulhamben on July 01, 2013, 11:52:02 PM
he made his bed. and he couldnt wait to leave us so why so many would welcome him back is beyond me. hopefully mr ambition will talk him into going to stoke with the promise of a champions league winners medal in 2 years time

Exactly... he should be ashamed oh himself.... the man who shamed tx