watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Schalke confident of capturing Fulham star

Started by Admin, July 02, 2013, 04:22:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

Schalke are confident of prising defender Sascha Riether away from Fulham.
(This one will not go away)

The 30-year-old was Fulham's player of the year last season following his loan switch from Cologne and his form prompted Martin Jol to sign the German on a permanent basis.

However, Schalke are desperate to bring him back to the Bundesliga, despite the fact he recently completed his transfer to Fulham.

And the German club's sporting director Horst Heldt feels a deal could be struck in the coming months.

When asked about Riether, he told Kicker: "We are not negotiating at the moment. [But] if we work hard and continue we hope that the commitment will come about."

Read more: http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/130702/schalke-confident-capturing-fulham-star-200810#ixzz2XtyvvgOM
Follow us: @talksport on Twitter

Vinnieffc

Noooooo.. The best RB we've had since Steve Finnan (in my time, anyway) and probably even better.. Great defender and an attacking threat.. Please don't let it be true..

jmh

There isn't any indication that we have any interest in selling Riether, just that Schalke think they could possibly dangle enough cash in front of us to make us consider it.

Holders

It's just attitude structuring, ignore it.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Jack Fulham

Isn't that quote from the initial report last week. Nothing new. I don't think we're interested in selling unless they come up with a decent price.

cmg

Is this Horst Heldt bloke related in some way to Harry Von Redknapp? Excellent 'tapping up in public' skills.

Previously quoted as saying he'd like to buy our man but didn't want to pay a big price - well, yeah - but wouldnt that apply to every other player in the world?
Now he comes out with,  "We are not negotiating at the moment. [But] if we work hard and continue we hope that the commitment will come about." What's that supposed to mean? "If we keep banging away about it in the press, perhaps Fulham will wrap him up and send him to us for Christmas"?

Burt

Just seems really weird that there is all this talk within such close proximity to Riether entering in to a contract with us.

FFCByTheRiver

So...doesn't sound like they're that confident.

KP_FFC

they're doing their best to unsettle Riether

Berserker

Could be a Dempsey situation all over again, hopefully Riether isn't like that
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Rupert

It is amazing that so much credence is being given to this by posters despite the fact that the Schalke clown admits there are no negotiations going on. So it must be true, eh?

Do you lot worry yourselves to sleep each night in case one of our players is knocked down by a car whilst crossing the road? It could happen, you know. It is just pretty unlikely. And there is nothing you can do about it anyway.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Rupert on July 02, 2013, 11:31:57 PM
It is amazing that so much credence is being given to this by posters despite the fact that the Schalke clown admits there are no negotiations going on. So it must be true, eh?

Do you lot worry yourselves to sleep each night in case one of our players is knocked down by a car whilst crossing the road? It could happen, you know. It is just pretty unlikely. And there is nothing you can do about it anyway.

Not true. He said today they are negotiating.

Schalke UK news ‏@Schalke_UK 11h
Heldt: As far as Sascha #Riether is concerned, we're not making any progress at the moment but we're still in negotiations.

Plenty of reason to be concerned.

God The Mechanic

Negotiations with whom though?  If it's just his agent and nothing has been agreed between clubs, then there *shouldn't* be too much concern.

Jamie88

I'm still not 100% sure we've signed him. I swear there has been nothing on the official site stating this.

Brown@FFC

It's bollocks. At least, I hope it's bollocks. That's just say that's its bollocks.

Brown@FFC

Quote from: Jamie88 on July 03, 2013, 05:23:04 AM
I'm still not 100% sure we've signed him. I swear there has been nothing on the official site stating this.

We have, otherwise Schalke would be negotiating with Koln instead of us.

Jamie88

Quote from: Brown@FFC on July 03, 2013, 05:40:45 AM
Quote from: Jamie88 on July 03, 2013, 05:23:04 AM

We have, otherwise Schalke would be negotiating with Koln instead of us.

So then why have the club not confirmed it? And, by the way, nothing read in papers or news sites doesnt actually mean it's concrete evidence.
I just have a niggling feeling that we may have been 99% there with negotiations to sign him permanantly but nothing has been finalised yet..

MasterHaynes

Surely this is blatant tapping up isn't it talking about signing another clubs player even before they made a bid. Go get em Mo.

MOR :

On this BBC web page so it's got to be true...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22576501

The club have also completed the permanent signing of German right-back Sascha Riether, 30, after his season-long loan from Cologne.

Riether, who has played in 34 of the club's 37 Premier League games so far this season, joined Fulham on loan last summer and the club had an option to make the signing permanent at the end of that contract.

malcbridger

Agree with you MasterHaynes, It seems like a blatant 'tapping up', I hope the powers to be at Fulham are 100 percent on the case. Absolute arrogance being shown by Schalke, Reither is under contract to US, full stop. Go and do one Schalke!!