watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR: Aldershot Town

Started by Buffalo76, July 02, 2013, 05:17:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buffalo76

Could be liquidated for a second time by Thursday. Surely they can't come back again after this can they?

Rhys Lightning 63

I live in Aldershot so I'm finding all this news rather sad (especially as I did some work for them last year). I remember when they hosted Man Utd in the League Cup season before last, that Dean Holdsworth said 'the money raised from this game should secure the club for years to come', makes me wonder where it all went
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

MJG

Farnborough Town also have a meeting Thursday regarding their future.
Would make sense for them to merge to be honest.

Fernhurst

What a shame, played there once in The FA Youth Cup and have always had a soft spot for them since.

Great big pitch right next to the telephone exchange.

Visited the town recently and the whole area appears to be struggling a bit. Maybe the empty shops are all in the new shopping centre on the edge of town.

Hope someone can breath new life into them, lovely old club with a long history.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: Fernhurst on July 02, 2013, 06:30:10 PM
What a shame, played there once in The FA Youth Cup and have always had a soft spot for them since.

Visited the town recently and the whole area appears to be struggling a bit. Maybe the empty shops are all in the new shopping centre on the edge of town.

Hope someone can breath new life into them, lovely old club with a long history.

Nah, the shops that left The Galleries haven't moved anywhere, they just closed down. The new Westgate complex that you're referring to is an absolute delight, especially now it's summer
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Holders

My daughter (a Fulham fan) lives in Aldershot so this is a bit sad for me as well. But the town seems to be on the up. The new shopping centre has some good restaurants. Pity about the interesting shops that closed down in the lovely old arcade, though.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

MJG

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on July 02, 2013, 07:49:04 PM
Quote from: Fernhurst on July 02, 2013, 06:30:10 PM

Nah, the shops that left The Galleries haven't moved anywhere, they just closed down. The new Westgate complex that you're referring to is an absolute delight, especially now it's summer
Westgate is so out of place compared to the bomb site that is Aldershot High street.
Had to the high street about 2 months ago and it was the worst shopping area I have been in the south east.

With Aldershot if I was the government I would move out the last parts of the army. Purchase the whole of Aldershot and rebuild it as a new town. Loads of land to use. Either that or flatten the place and have a park.

Kell

Deanothefulhamfan

Very sad news.... Played on the pitch in a work game, and nice little club near my work....

grandad

Used to live near Aldershot. They are always the 1st scores I look for in the classified results. A real shame if they go.
Where there's a will there's a wife

MOR :

The trouble with this is that it seems to be on the increase for football clubs up and down the country...

grandad

The top clubs are so massively in debt with no possibility of repaying those debts. It just seems so unjust that lower league clubs are struggling to keep alive owing less than the annual wages of one top player.
I realise that the top clubs generate more income but their costs are also in proportion.
Something has to give & I think the only way is a combination of transfer cap, wage cap, limit of foreign players & income/expenditure balance.
Where there's a will there's a wife

brightster

I live about 1/2 mile from the ground, been a couple of times to see them but they always seem to be at home when we are at home.
Speaking to a few Shots fans and they believe that there are deals around to save them again and should be announced on Thursday.
Hope they survive remember seeing us lose on pens in a league cup on year there back in the 80's.
Also the old arcade is being run down as I think they are looking to build a new shopping centre, Westgate has been a breath of fresh air for the town.