more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bournemouth

Started by Wearethewhites, January 11, 2016, 10:37:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blanco

Quote from: HatterDon on January 12, 2016, 12:58:55 AM
It's a huge gamble for them. With their tiny ground, they're always going to be among the league's smallest earners. Should they get relegated -- something that I think will happen -- the wage bill they're taking on could bankrupt the club. I really think they should have enjoyed the season and hoped for the best. As it is, I see Portsmouth revisited. Sad, really. They are so very much fun to watch.

There is a lot more money in the Prem now remember. The "lesser" teams are receiving a lot more money from TV. Thats why the likes of Shaqiri are signing for Stoke or Ibarbo to Bournmouth(be it on loan)

J

Quote from: Wearethewhites on January 12, 2016, 01:24:29 PM
We get a lot of individuals on here who are quick to point out the negativity of everything, rather than reading the purpose of a post first. If truth be told, they're worse than the negative posters, drives me mad.

Anyway, my post wasn't a dig at Kahn or his spending. I'm fully aware of what he spent on Ross, the Greek, I've been a season ticket holder for 20 odd years, I go to most games.

Kahn is still a novice in the game, he was a novice when he failed to spend in the summer the year we got relegated. All I was stating, is that IF we get promoted, is Khan aware that a minimum of 30 million investment will be required to keep us up.

Just goes to show, that a club the size of Bournemouth have had to invest 24 million, just to try and stay in the Premiership.   

To imply that Khan isn't aware that he might need to put his hand in his pocket  seems negative to me and buys into the ongoing misconception that he is unwilling to do so... If that's not how you meant it then no worries, nothing personal!

But I am completely sure Khan is aware that he will need to put money into the club, as demonstrated by the fact that he didn't shy away from signing Ross so soon after Mitroglou. It could be argued that the disaster that was Marlet was the final straw in big investment from Al Fayed, so it is good that Khan didn't fall into this trap and stop as soon as he took a financial hit.

And on an ongoing basis he seems to have been trying to buy players as per required - fees haven't been small for the Championship either, Cairney for example apparently cost £3m, stearman £2m etc. The only limit on spending I can see is limits imposed by financial fair play.

Wearethewhites

Quote from: J on January 12, 2016, 02:12:36 PM
We get a lot of individuals on here who are quick to point out the negativity of everything, rather than reading the purpose of a post first. If truth be told, they're worse than the negative posters, drives me mad.

Anyway, my post wasn't a dig at Kahn or his spending. I'm fully aware of what he spent on Ross, the Greek, I've been a season ticket holder for 20 odd years, I go to most games.

Kahn is still a novice in the game, he was a novice when he failed to spend in the summer the year we got relegated. All I was stating, is that IF we get promoted, is Khan aware that a minimum of 30 million investment will be required to keep us up.

Just goes to show, that a club the size of Bournemouth have had to invest 24 million, just to try and stay in the Premiership.   

To imply that Khan isn't aware that he might need to put his hand in his pocket  seems negative to me and buys into the ongoing misconception that he is unwilling to do so... If that's not how you meant it then no worries, nothing personal!

But I am completely sure Khan is aware that he will need to put money into the club, as demonstrated by the fact that he didn't shy away from signing Ross so soon after Mitroglou. It could be argued that the disaster that was Marlet was the final straw in big investment from Al Fayed, so it is good that Khan didn't fall into this trap and stop as soon as he took a financial hit.

And on an ongoing basis he seems to have been trying to buy players as per required - fees haven't been small for the Championship either, Cairney for example apparently cost £3m, stearman £2m etc. The only limit on spending I can see is limits imposed by financial fair play.

"To imply that Khan isn't aware that he might need to put his hand in his pocket  seems negative to me"

Then your concept of negative is completely wrong. If I was to to say "I doubt he will invest" or "Can't be bothered to invest" then you may have a case. Saying he "isn't aware" is no form of negativity, just a guess that he still may be a little naive. If I'm wrong, then please feel free to explain this.

J

Quote from: Wearethewhites on January 12, 2016, 02:20:34 PM

"To imply that Khan isn't aware that he might need to put his hand in his pocket  seems negative to me"

Then your concept of negative is completely wrong. If I was to to say "I doubt he will invest" or "Can't be bothered to invest" then you may have a case. Saying he "isn't aware" is no form of negativity, just a guess that he still may be a little naive. If I'm wrong, then please feel free to explain this.

Because it perpetuates the ongoing attitude that Khan doesn't know what he is doing. Yes of course Khan has made mistakes, but a lack of investment is definitely not one of them, so I feel that implying this is being negative as it undermines one of the things he has actually done well for no justifiable reason (note supporting the club financially, not necessarily who we have bought).

Riversider

Some of the comments on this thread are crazy, the TV money next season is going to rocket to £1.7 Billion , who cares about gates of 12,000 if they are going to get over £100 million from Sky each season !
Because of the likes of Villa and Sunderland there is every chance that they are going to stay up now, I didn't expect them to but I certainly take my hat off to them and all this with so many of their best players missing through injury,
Well done Eddie Howe.

Wearethewhites

Quote from: J on January 12, 2016, 02:39:07 PM
Quote from: Wearethewhites on January 12, 2016, 02:20:34 PM

Because it perpetuates the ongoing attitude that Khan doesn't know what he is doing. Yes of course Khan has made mistakes, but a lack of investment is definitely not one of them, so I feel that implying this is being negative as it undermines one of the things he has actually done well for no justifiable reason (note supporting the club financially, not necessarily who we have bought).

But still, my statement wasn't negative? I'm sorry, but I'm really struggling to see where you're trying to go with this. If I didn't know any better, I'd say that you're trying to impose a negative spin on this post, nothing more.

Beamer

The reduced income from their lower gates is about £7-8mill over a season so the increased revenue from TV will go a long way to make it do-able and we don't know if the 'spend' includes fee, agent charges etc and salaries it which case it would look far less.
Whatever the case I think that we can all agree that (ignoring the 'super rich' clubs who operate on a different planet) it is not how much you spend but how you spend it and on who that makes the difference.

MJG

Quote from: Riversider on January 12, 2016, 02:47:47 PM
Some of the comments on this thread are crazy, the TV money next season is going to rocket to £1.7 Billion , who cares about gates of 12,000 if they are going to get over £100 million from Sky each season !
Because of the likes of Villa and Sunderland there is every chance that they are going to stay up now, I didn't expect them to but I certainly take my hat off to them and all this with so many of their best players missing through injury,
Well done Eddie Howe.
As I said the extra money is going to end up where is usually does and we have seen time and time again that a club can not run at more then a 100% wages to turnover ratio,  which Bournemouth will be well over I would have thought come the end of the season.
So it does matter about ground size because in the long term it's not sustainable.