watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bournemouth

Started by Wearethewhites, January 11, 2016, 10:37:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wearethewhites

Are ready to take their Premiership spending to 24 million. After capturing Grabban for 8 mill on Monday, splashing 10 mill on Afobe, and a 1 Mill loan fee for that Roma winger, Howe is also prepared to spend big on a central midfielder.

I know this has nothing to do with us, but I hope Kahn is aware that this is the type of investment required, if FFC ever make it back to the promised land.

aaronmcguigan

18 million on largely unproven Premier League players. Don't think it's wise. The pressure is on them now to perform and survive. It would be different if they spent that money on players who have spent the past few years playing and scoring in the premier league.

Look at the money Leicester spent on Demarai Gray, that's how and where to spend.

HatterDon

It's a huge gamble for them. With their tiny ground, they're always going to be among the league's smallest earners. Should they get relegated -- something that I think will happen -- the wage bill they're taking on could bankrupt the club. I really think they should have enjoyed the season and hoped for the best. As it is, I see Portsmouth revisited. Sad, really. They are so very much fun to watch.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

J

Quote from: Wearethewhites on January 11, 2016, 10:37:53 PM
Are ready to take their Premiership spending to 24 million. After capturing Grabban for 8 mill on Monday, splashing 10 mill on Afobe, and a 1 Mill loan fee for that Roma winger, Howe is also prepared to spend big on a central midfielder.

I know this has nothing to do with us, but I hope Kahn is aware that this is the type of investment required, if FFC ever make it back to the promised land.

Like that time Khan spent £12m on a certain greek striker? And still OK'd spending another £11m on Ross 6 months later?

Woolly Mammoth

I hope Bournemouth stay up, as they are a breath of fresh air, like Leicester City. The pair of them with the likes of Crystal Palace and Watford, have freshened up the Premier League, and it makes a pleasant change to watch these clubs take on the so called fashionable big clubs who have become stale and have lost their invincibility. Which can only be good for English Football.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

St Eve

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 12, 2016, 01:30:14 AM
I hope Bournemouth stay up, as they are a breath of fresh air, like Leicester City. The pair of them with the likes of Crystal Palace and Watford, have freshened up the Premier League, and it makes a pleasant change to watch these clubs take on the so called fashionable big clubs who have become stale and have lost their invincibility. Which can only be good for English Football.
Couldn't agree more. The investment by Bournemouth should be enough to keep them up and will be repaid 5 fold

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: St Eve on January 12, 2016, 02:00:10 AM
Couldn't agree more. The investment by Bournemouth should be enough to keep them up and will be repaid 5 fold

Indeed
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Mince n Tatties

:54:

westcliff white

They wouldn't be doing that in the championship thats for certain, fair play rules are very different as we all know. Remember also that they breached the fair play rules at the same time we did and are having to pay a fine. I hope for Bournemouth's sake that this investment doesn't back fore on them, I am surprised at what they are spending given the small gate receipts and that they are at the lower end of sponsorship in the prem.
Every day is a Fulham day

FortCollinsFulham

Quote from: J on January 12, 2016, 01:13:48 AM

Like that time Khan spent £12m on a certain greek striker? And still OK'd spending another £11m on Ross 6 months later?

You hush that rationality, he doesn't want to hear it

'Cause I'm already gone, if you bet on me you've won.

Up you Whites

MJG

It will end in tears for Bournemouth. As well as they are doing and with a rich owner,  as a business they just won't be able to sustain the losses they are going to have in the short to medium term.
Living the dream is one thing,  building it on 10k gates it's another.
Yes there are riches in the PL,  but the money really only ends up in two places... The player and the agent.

brightster

Quote from: MJG on January 12, 2016, 09:08:53 AM
It will end in tears for Bournemouth. As well as they are doing and with a rich owner,  as a business they just won't be able to sustain the losses they are going to have in the short to medium term.
Living the dream is one thing,  building it on 10k gates it's another.
Yes there are riches in the PL,  but the money really only ends up in two places... The player and the agent.

Look at us, we couldn't compete with 25k, the maths just do not add up now days for the medium / small clubs, looking at it sensibly you need over 40k to make sure you are in the top half of the prem and even then you need a manager who knows how to pick the best players on reasonable terms.
I hope Palace, Watford, Leciester and Bournmouth stay up and do well, but will they be able to break our record of 13 seasons in the prem without being relegated!

filham

Looking back it makes you realise what a grea.t job Roy did for us with his bargain basement buys supplemented with just the odd big spend here and there.

Blanco

So the 10 million for the greek and 10 million for Ross mean nothing? Khan has spent. He knows that money is needed. Plus the money on all the other players. Hence the transfer embargo...

Blanco

Quote from: J on January 12, 2016, 01:13:48 AM

:plus one:

Wearethewhites

We get a lot of individuals on here who are quick to point out the negativity of everything, rather than reading the purpose of a post first. If truth be told, they're worse than the negative posters, drives me mad.

Anyway, my post wasn't a dig at Kahn or his spending. I'm fully aware of what he spent on Ross, the Greek, I've been a season ticket holder for 20 odd years, I go to most games.

Kahn is still a novice in the game, he was a novice when he failed to spend in the summer the year we got relegated. All I was stating, is that IF we get promoted, is Khan aware that a minimum of 30 million investment will be required to keep us up.

Just goes to show, that a club the size of Bournemouth have had to invest 24 million, just to try and stay in the Premiership.   

Blanco

Quote from: Wearethewhites on January 12, 2016, 01:24:29 PM
We get a lot of individuals on here who are quick to point out the negativity of everything, rather than reading the purpose of a post first. If truth be told, they're worse than the negative posters, drives me mad.

Anyway, my post wasn't a dig at Kahn or his spending. I'm fully aware of what he spent on Ross, the Greek, I've been a season ticket holder for 20 odd years, I go to most games.

Kahn is still a novice in the game, he was a novice when he failed to spend in the summer the year we got relegated. All I was stating, is that IF we get promoted, is Khan aware that a minimum of 30 million investment will be required to keep us up.

Just goes to show, that a club the size of Bournemouth have had to invest 24 million, just to try and stay in the Premiership.   

Oh the irony! Sorry don´t mean to be a pr*ck but your posts are most of the time negative.

Wearethewhites

Quote from: Blanco on January 12, 2016, 01:36:28 PM

Oh the irony! Sorry don´t mean to be a pr*ck but your posts are most of the time negative.

Not all the time, you just chose to label everything that I post as negative, rather than reading the actual concept of the post. Like above, you branded me as being negative, when I really haven't. If I have, maybe you'd like to explain?

Blanco

Quote from: Wearethewhites on January 12, 2016, 01:41:11 PM
Quote from: Blanco on January 12, 2016, 01:36:28 PM

Not all the time, you just chose to label everything that I post as negative, rather than reading the actual concept of the post. Like above, you branded me as being negative, when I really haven't. If I have, maybe you'd like to explain?

I didn't say all the time. I just mean quite a few if not most of the comments you make are negative. Especially when its about the owner. I don't think you've ever given him a chance. In this op you are just reiterating that Khan needs to spend or will need to spend to get to the prem and maintain ourselves there. Which is true. It just seems to me you are insinuating that Khan hasn't spent money on the club, which he has. If I read it wrong then sorry.

bobbo

Quote from: HatterDon on January 12, 2016, 12:58:55 AM
It's a huge gamble for them. With their tiny ground, they're always going to be among the league's smallest earners. Should they get relegated -- something that I think will happen -- the wage bill they're taking on could bankrupt the club. I really think they should have enjoyed the season and hoped for the best. As it is, I see Portsmouth revisited. Sad, really. They are so very much fun to watch.
,hope you're wrong hatter but you're spot on with your assessment , they are doing similar things to that of Portsmouth. But they have needed to bolster the team owing to injuries . We've all got a soft spot for them for their play style and I for one like watching them despite the pasting they gave us last season
1975 just leaving home full of hope