'Fulham Weigh Up Enoh Move'

Started by FTID, July 04, 2013, 06:46:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeroen

For that amount... Sign him up!!

Enoh   £2m
Parker £2m
Fer.     £8m

And that is our midfield sorted, some talent & some expierence.

Tonywa

Thought he was terrific for us on loan last season, but I had assumed we had signed Boateng in lieu of him.  Would have bought that our greater need at present is for a creative midfielder (Huddlestone?) rather than another holding player.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: God The Mechanic on July 05, 2013, 03:47:11 AM
Quote from: JHunter_Fulham4Life on July 05, 2013, 02:39:04 AM
Quote from: westcliff white on July 04, 2013, 07:05:12 PM
we need creativity first ad foremost. i like enoh but we have boatang and sidwell
Yeah, but Sidwell's on his last legs -- and that's giving him the benefit of the doubt that he HAS two legs left!

I'm sure he has a selection of opponents legs stored safely at home for when his desert him.

Genius.

domprague

I'd play him instead of Sidwell every week. I agree with previous posters - he's worth it at 4 and is a bargain at 2.
how long can it take to weigh him up, anyway? He's only little.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

The Rock

I'd pass. I actually didn't rate him. He prob needed more playing time, and did look promising though. He was much better than Richardson who got more playing time it seems as well. So errr - I'd be on the fence as well. I'd like to keep him and he's a talent, but I'd like to find better. If we keep him, I hope I am proven wrong in my assessment.

filham

Quote from: leonffc on July 04, 2013, 09:31:36 PM
Play a 4231 and enoh, Sidders and Boatang can alternate in the '2' between bans. Let the creativity be in the '3'.
Ideally the '2' need to be the pivot of the team and control the game with passing and discipline but Enoh a decent player and a young one.

Sounds good to me and if during a match we need to tactically change the formation to 4-4-2 we bring Karagounis on in place of on of the two defensive midfielders.

mangoputney

Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: zschwartz on July 05, 2013, 02:17:30 AM
Quote from: KCat on July 05, 2013, 01:21:04 AM
Surely Jol had enough time to ''weigh him up''  seems to me it is a shoddy way to treat the bloke
True... rare to see a potential signing described in such a direct way for devaluation purposes here. accurate, honest and probably effective in the negotiation... but a bit harsh when Eyong reads the report.
I guess it's largely directed at ffc and not ajax, "they are expensive/we have to make a decision." Can feel Jol's frustration at having to scrap for traces of quality.

I seem to remember most, if not all, of these quotes from some weeks ago, particularly the high cost of quality players and buying players out of form and even the bit about needing to make a decision on Enoh.

It seems that this is just recycled so I don't think this is Jol knocking Enoh or even trying to lower the price.

Lighthouse

Come on the fact is we are being rumoured to be re signing a 36 year old on loan. Jol would love to sign Enoh but Fulham for whatever reason are still trying to stay in the Prem on the cheap. People will say how careful the club are and thank goodness we are not over spending. But I think we have to come to the conclusion Fulham at best will try and get players who are average or old or on loan and hope Jol can do something better with them.

Still early days in the transfer market but the early signs are we are going to be counting the pennies before the trophys.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

MJG

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 06, 2013, 03:48:25 PM
Come on the fact is we are being rumoured to be re signing a 36 year old on loan. Jol would love to sign Enoh but Fulham for whatever reason are still trying to stay in the Prem on the cheap. People will say how careful the club are and thank goodness we are not over spending. But I think we have to come to the conclusion Fulham at best will try and get players who are average or old or on loan and hope Jol can do something better with them.

Still early days in the transfer market but the early signs are we are going to be counting the pennies before the trophys.
it is a worry that first day of training and we are resigning a stop gap from.last season.
The conclusion has to be that the scouts are crap, we are rubbish at negotiations, or the CEO is using a penknife to get a few coins out of the office piggy bank to buy a player or two.
Minimum budget to spend each summer for a club in the premier lge should be about 10m.

WolverineFFC

Quote from: VicHalomsLovechild on July 05, 2013, 07:42:30 AM
Of the three that came in on loan back in January he made his mark first. The ball sticks to his feet, he tackles and hassles and does look to get forward. Please buy.

Exactly. If it is less than 4 million, I say bring him back. He immediately would become the clubs best holding CM.

JackyFulham90

I really do think we should sign Enoh really classy player, certainly superior to Sidwell