watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

'Fulham Weigh Up Enoh Move'

Started by FTID, July 04, 2013, 06:46:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westcliff white

we need creativity first ad foremost. i like enoh but we have boatang and sidwell
Every day is a Fulham day

OHfulhamfan

I hope he gets signed. He would make a good partner with Boateng or would be a good option of the bench to provide fresh legs. We need more depth in midfield. the Boateng signing is good, but we more than that.

zschwartz

i'd take him for 2 given we bring in a playmaker. i don't know about a bargain but it seems about right. Even if he's on all-time defense and part of that rotation, sidwell and boateng are both 30.

The best thing i take away from the article is this:

"But we have always had link up players in that position. Danny Murphy was not a defensive player – he was a playmaker. I had Michael Carrick at Spurs, he was a playmaker. Enoh is different and we have to make a decision. I can't tell you now."

It is nice to have a recent quote from jol explicitly aware of the problem.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: westcliff white on July 04, 2013, 07:05:12 PM
we need creativity first ad foremost. i like enoh but we have boatang and sidwell
Agreed. Would take him if we can get a playmaker as well. Sidwell always has a red in him.

farfouille

Quote from: zschwartz on July 04, 2013, 07:33:51 PM
The best thing i take away from the article is this:

"But we have always had link up players in that position. Danny Murphy was not a defensive player – he was a playmaker. I had Michael Carrick at Spurs, he was a playmaker. Enoh is different and we have to make a decision. I can't tell you now."

It is nice to have a recent quote from jol explicitly aware of the problem.

My thoughts exactly! I always wonder if Jol shares the same concerns as we all do here...
"Everybody's assuming [Berbatov will go] but as far as I know he is a Man United player....my mistake. Oh my God. He's a Fulham player."
- Rene Meulensteen

FFC1987

I worry that this report isn't accurate as other reports have stated near to double that amount. 2m for Enoh is a good price for us even if its for squad depth. I just think the fee wanted is higher and more near to 4m in which case no thanks.

Humbled

I think at 4milliom he is worth it at 2 I would jump all over that!!

VicHalomsLovechild

Just for clarity what position is Ruiz playing or do we think he's playing in?

farfouille

Quote from: VicHalomsLovechild on July 04, 2013, 09:19:18 PM

What's this got to do with Enoh? :)
Ruiz is a typical CAM, Enoh is a typical DM.
"Everybody's assuming [Berbatov will go] but as far as I know he is a Man United player....my mistake. Oh my God. He's a Fulham player."
- Rene Meulensteen

Humbled

Jol's pocket  :hook:

leonffc

Play a 4231 and enoh, Sidders and Boatang can alternate in the '2' between bans. Let the creativity be in the '3'.
Ideally the '2' need to be the pivot of the team and control the game with passing and discipline but Enoh a decent player and a young one.

JackyFulham90

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Surely Jol had enough time to ''weigh him up''  seems to me it is a shoddy way to treat the bloke

zschwartz

Quote from: KCat on July 05, 2013, 01:21:04 AM
Surely Jol had enough time to ''weigh him up''  seems to me it is a shoddy way to treat the bloke
True... rare to see a potential signing described in such a direct way for devaluation purposes here. accurate, honest and probably effective in the negotiation... but a bit harsh when Eyong reads the report.
I guess it's largely directed at ffc and not ajax, "they are expensive/we have to make a decision." Can feel Jol's frustration at having to scrap for traces of quality.

Texas White

Quote from: Humbled on July 04, 2013, 09:30:23 PM

Jol's pocket  :hook:
Juggling jols plums more like.

JHunter_Fulham4Life

Yeah, but Sidwell's on his last legs -- and that's giving him the benefit of the doubt that he HAS two legs left!

God The Mechanic

Quote from: JHunter_Fulham4Life on July 05, 2013, 02:39:04 AM
Yeah, but Sidwell's on his last legs -- and that's giving him the benefit of the doubt that he HAS two legs left!

I'm sure he has a selection of opponents legs stored safely at home for when his desert him.

MasterHaynes

Jol knows his capabilities and potential from his time at Ajax and got him playing well almost immediately in a new league even though he lacked first team match fitness and experience. Enoh is more mobile, faster than both Sidwell or Boateng. I believe he's a better player than either of them, being 3 years younger than both of them makes him a better long term prospect.

We lost Sidwell for a good number of games last year through suspension and injury, it's essential that we have good players available in midfield should the similar events occur this season.

I think Jol hid his eagerness to sign Enoh when Ajax were looking for £4m + during his loan period stating he maybe too expensive for a club like Fulham.Enoh proved he can play in the premiership and that he fits well within the team neither of which Boateng has proved yet. For £2m there should be only one decison sign him up, if we don't I'm sure others will which we may come to regret.

VicHalomsLovechild

Of the three that came in on loan back in January he made his mark first. The ball sticks to his feet, he tackles and hassles and does look to get forward. Please buy.