watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR: The Foundation of Hearts

Started by Berserker, July 07, 2013, 08:54:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berserker

Mr B and his family have been Heart's supporters for many generations, and we go to matches if they are home when we are in Edinburgh. I am a listed  fan of the club as i buy the tickets and have had a e.mail about setting up a direct debit of £10 a month for The Foundation of Hearts bid, on the understanding if their bid doesn't go through the money will be refunded. I am sorely tempted as i really want to keep the club alive, especially if i ever have to live in Edinburgh i will go to their matches when i can't get to Fulham's.

Can anybody see any negative's to this? I don't want to discuss it with Mr B as it's something i want to do personally, especially as Johnny Haynes used to go to matches  there.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Holders

It doesn't sound too dissimilar to what supporters of other clubs have done. The maximum risk will be just however many months you pay £10 and direct debits have a guarantee. If it's run by proper supporters it sounds very worthy - if you ever have to live in Edinburgh!

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Rupert

Go for it, so long as you can afford the money and are happy to donate it, there are no negatives. A lot of other teams' supporters helped keep us going in the dark days with donations to our fighting fund, I know of a number of Luton fans who were proud of that. I helped repay some of that debt when they hit the skids and I bought a share in the Friends of Luton Action Group (FLAG). If it helps keep another club going, it is good in my view.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

whiteinedinburgh

It's a good thing. Hearts are a family club just like Fulham, anything that will give the supporters the team that they love is a good thing.

jarv

If it was Fulham, I would donate without skipping a beat.  Supporting Hearts gets the same reaction as often said about supporting Fulham.....oh dear..why? :005:

cmg

Sounds like a good idea, as long as you can afford the commitment. Good luck to Hearts - we've been too close to the brink here to feel anything but sympathy for those whose survival is threatened.

Original club of Alex Young, one of my all-time favourite non-Fulham players.

(Very like Berbatov, now I come to think of it, which shows my tastes haven't changed much over the years.)

Lighthouse

A mate of mine when I was  in Security many years ago supported Hearts. I think sport and the clubs deserve as much support as they can have. They make such a difference. Without supporting a club or being excited about sport, life would be very dull indeed. Long may we have that choice. Good luck Hearts.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope