watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Central Midfield Signings

Started by JackyFulham90, July 07, 2013, 11:06:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackyFulham90

This is clearly the area we need to be strengtening I was just thinking about realistic targets that would make a difference to our side

Leroy Fer
James McCarthy
Tom Huddlestone
Jake Livermore
Nick Powell
Gylfi Sigurddson
Will Hughes

Some good players in that list shows there are plenty of targets we can go for i also hope Diarra can regain fitness & Chris David breaks through this year to help with our problem area

Buffalo76

Livermore or McCarthy would be worth going for.

FTID

James McCarthy would be great, but Wigan have an asking price of £15.000.000  :012:

Craven Mad

I'm most excited by Fer and Hughes on that list. Also, knowing that an offer of £8mil was accepted for Fer in January, he'd be a bargain compared to McCarthy at £15mil-20mil..

Fer would instantly step into the first team, and Hughes would offer an exciting prospect to develop over the coming years

Aaron

Leroy Fer is a great shout actually.  I'd be most contented if we chased after someone like that.

Can't see us coming up with that sort of money though, we'll spend low if we possibly can.

Who is Will Hughes?

Edit: Forgot that Google existed there for a minute.  Hughes could be an interesting prospect for the future, but not what we need right now.  We need a tough, uninjurable and seasoned player for the CM role.

cmg

Quote from: Aaron on July 07, 2013, 01:44:38 PM

Who is Will Hughes?

Edit: Forgot that Google existed there for a minute.  Hughes could be an interesting prospect for the future, but not what we need right now.  We need a tough, uninjurable and seasoned player for the CM role.

Born in Weybridge? Went to Public School? Must have been made for us Posh Boys.

Seriously, he looks a very interesting prospect. Some PL side at our level will surely take a chance on him.

Zu-Meister

I think it is Villa who have had a bid for Fer accepted. not sure....but one of them premier league teams.

zschwartz

Fer is not a bad option but nearly went for 8 to Everton before the deal fell apart... allegedly because of his knee injury but also because fellaini did not leave?

The other too good to be true names i have seen were Milan Badelj, Jordy Clasie and Maxime Gonalons. Belhanda has already gone to kyiv. We certainly can't get any of them but if we're talking about the kind of money Wigan want for McCarthy..., why not. it is the silly season.

Huddlestone is by far the most likely. Jol loves him. We made an offer in January. He's half the price of the others.

(edit)...and if we're talking McCarthy/Ruiz money, why not Wanyama! If Southampton get him a Schneiderlin/Wanyama pairing could be a threat.

TWFL

Think 2 of those have any chance of happening: Huddlestone and Fer.  Out of them I'd take Fer even if he has injury problems as he's way more mobile than Thudd.

Craven Mad

Quote from: zschwartz on July 07, 2013, 02:45:39 PM
Fer is not a bad option but nearly went for 8 to Everton before the deal fell apart... allegedly because of his knee injury but also because fellaini did not leave?

The other too good to be true names i have seen were Milan Badelj, Jordy Clasie and Maxime Gonalons. Belhanda has already gone to kyiv. We certainly can't get any of them but if we're talking about the kind of money Wigan want for McCarthy..., why not. it is the silly season.

Huddlestone is by far the most likely. Jol loves him. We made an offer in January. He's half the price of the others.

Clasie & Fer would be a dream CM pairing. I cannot emphasise enough how much I would love either of them in the team. As our marquee signings, they would be amazing and would make us such a strong team.

Bryanthebroom

If we're talking silly season then the dream signing for me would be Ever Banega.

Hey, if he's a target for Southampton then why not? Valencia are in dire financial trouble after all...
And he'd still be cheaper than McCarthy!

zschwartz

Ya, wanyama is being chased by Cardiff and Southampton as well (throwing cash around like mad). It will be a shame if he doesn't get to play in the champions league any longer.

westcliff white

We won't get Fer, fee twenty want is circa 9 million euros
Every day is a Fulham day