Stekelenburg
Riether Hangeland Amorebieta Richardson
Dejagah Boateng Fer Kacaniklic
Ruiz
Berbatov

Ordar

If we got Fer, we'd really be in business

PaulJ123

People just think 41212 is a good formation from playing Fifa, in real life hardly any teams use it (if any)

4231 will be the formation we use. I'd like to see Ruiz be given a chance in one of the CM roles in pre season, as no matter what some people say on here he is strong but just needs to speed up his decision making as his passing is outstanding. Alongside, Boateng or Sidwell as well, he could shine as Murphy did.

I think we will get Huddlestone to play there and will see a lot of Ruiz at LW instead of Kaca which would be stupid but Ruiz was a 10m Jol signing so will play every week.

fulhamben

Quote from: PaulJ123 on July 07, 2013, 07:56:03 PM
People just think 41212 is a good formation from playing Fifa, in real life hardly any teams use it (if any)

4231 will be the formation we use. I'd like to see Ruiz be given a chance in one of the CM roles in pre season, as no matter what some people say on here he is strong but just needs to speed up his decision making as his passing is outstanding. Alongside, Boateng or Sidwell as well, he could shine as Murphy did.

I think we will get Huddlestone to play there and will see a lot of Ruiz at LW instead of Kaca which would be stupid but Ruiz was a 10m Jol signing so will play every week.
????? 4 2 3 1 consists of 2 defenceive midfielders, exactly what we played last season, so are you saying you want ruiz to be a dm? and we will play a 4 4 1 1 with only 1 dm this year, and ruiz will play every week cos we look crap without him
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Humbled

wouldn't be happy with either of the 2 teams above...
will accept them and support them but wouldn't be happy with them!

Humbled

Quote from: Brown@FFC on July 07, 2013, 02:48:08 PM
Quote from: Ordar on July 07, 2013, 12:34:25 PM
I personally would be very disappointed if we started the season with Berbatov and Ruiz up front again. It doesn't work. Either Ruiz gets converted to wide left or CM or he'll have to start from the bench. We need a different option up front with Berbatov. Someone who will get in the box, and stretch the play

They weren't the problem last year, it's what's around them. If you have pace on both wings, not Duff, it will be fine. Add a creator next to boateng, and then were set.

im not having this convo again but why is it when Ruiz is poor its the people behind him yet when Duff is poor its him and NOT the lack of people in the box or ahead of him??
he scored 3 goals of which 2 had importance and set up 8 (the most in the team)
ok he is not fast, however games I see he beat people using his brains.
where is your problem with Ruiz lack of pace? or strength?
just think if Duff had Mesca's or even Dejagah's pace what use would it be when Ruiz and Berba are faster running backwards and are normally on the half way line when we attack anyway??? oh wait that's karagounis, Enoh, Frimpong, Sidwell's fault!!!

St Eve

It will be a very long season if we get Huddlestone and even longer if Richardson plays. We still need a FB, CM and a striker

fulhamben

Quote from: Humbled on July 07, 2013, 08:59:56 PM
Quote from: Brown@FFC on July 07, 2013, 02:48:08 PM
Quote from: Ordar on July 07, 2013, 12:34:25 PM
I personally would be very disappointed if we started the season with Berbatov and Ruiz up front again. It doesn't work. Either Ruiz gets converted to wide left or CM or he'll have to start from the bench. We need a different option up front with Berbatov. Someone who will get in the box, and stretch the play

They weren't the problem last year, it's what's around them. If you have pace on both wings, not Duff, it will be fine. Add a creator next to boateng, and then were set.

im not having this convo again but why is it when Ruiz is poor its the people behind him yet when Duff is poor its him and NOT the lack of people in the box or ahead of him??
he scored 3 goals of which 2 had importance and set up 8 (the most in the team)
ok he is not fast, however games I see he beat people using his brains.
where is your problem with Ruiz lack of pace? or strength?
just think if Duff had Mesca's or even Dejagah's pace what use would it be when Ruiz and Berba are faster running backwards and are normally on the half way line when we attack anyway??? oh wait that's karagounis, Enoh, Frimpong, Sidwell's fault!!!
duffs decline is not a blip, its age catching up with him. he is not going to get better or maintain last seasons levels.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Humbled

and when will Ruiz hit any sort of peak?
cos he should defo play for many people despite showing little on a regular basis.
for me Dejagah should start on the right BUT a declining Duff performs better than a last season Ruiz.

I get he will start as he cost X amount and has potential but I have to say I don't like Ruiz and Berba as our front 2 even if we had the best 2 CM in the world. They are just too similar, at times they show nice touches but I would rather a fast striker to compliment one of them

epsomraver

Count Berbatov

Quote from: FFC1999 on July 07, 2013, 11:43:52 AM
I feel like the only fan here that feels we need another striker. For me Berbatov drops back to much meaning we don't have that out and out striker and lose our shape a lot. We also need that injection of pace uptop for away games which i feel we lacked last year at the big grounds.

I think we should be playing a 41212 with cdm being Boateng rm kaca lm sakho cam ruiz st berbatov and the other st either being bent or i don't understand why we haven't gone in for bony?

Any other recommendations for strikers i'd be happy to hear?
You are correct on that, but Hugo will come out good. And 41212 is the diamond formation I have been calling out for. A holding midfielder ; Kaca-Dejagah ; Ruiz ; Berbatov + another striker

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

alfie

Quote from: PaulJ123 on July 07, 2013, 07:56:03 PM

I can't believe that people judge a player from a computer game.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't