watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Your Shock Signing.

Started by valdeingruo, July 08, 2013, 07:11:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bulgariawhite

It wouldn't surprise me if it were Defoe or Crouch, although we have issues with both their clubs. It also depends if either of those clubs sign a striker.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Junichi

Quote from: Junichi on July 09, 2013, 10:03:33 AM
Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on July 09, 2013, 09:48:31 AM
How about Diago Forlan?

Well we've signed several players who played against us in the Europa League: Riether (Wolfsburg), Riise (Roma) and Boateng (Dnipro).  :008:

Junichi

The man who completely shattered all of our dreams, is a little different though.

Besides, remember what happened when he last played in the Prem? Dear lord.

FFC1987

Quote from: Junichi on July 09, 2013, 10:22:00 AM
The man who completely shattered all of our dreams, is a little different though.

His career since has been incredible but yes, it leaves a sour taste in my mouth how he crippled our hearts. Regarding the shocking signing, I can't help but think it might actually be Adel taarapt which to me would be truly shocking in every aspect.

Quote from: Junichi on July 09, 2013, 10:22:00 AM

Exactly! Particularly with the way the pass for the first goal was scuffed and would not have gone to him if hit properly and that his shot for the second would have gone wide if it had not hit Hangeland he owes us. An F.A. Cup final winner would do me.

He was good in the Confederations Cup this summer and I think he would work well with Berbatov.

God The Mechanic

Quote from: zschwartz on July 09, 2013, 06:59:30 AM
Quote from: TWFL on July 09, 2013, 06:01:40 AM
Yep well most of these would never happen and at the end of the day I think we've already had it in the shape of the big Dutchman.. Stekkers is a massive, massive signing. Personally still can't believe he'll be in a Fulham top. The lad has started a World Cup final, I can't remember the last person we had who'd done that.

this is almost certainly accurate. plus a CM for about the same price 4-5m. Perhaps one other striker in the region of the Marius Alexe(1-2), unless they also choose to join Italian relegation fodder. the rest on frees/loans.

still hopeful but that is what i expect.

I don't get choosing a team who shocked everyone by being promoted to the top flight over one that has been there for years.  I doubt money is really that big an incentive, unless the team are being stupidly bankrolled.  Is there a large Romanian population in Italy?

zschwartz

Quote from: God The Mechanic on July 09, 2013, 10:45:01 AM
I don't get choosing a team who shocked everyone by being promoted to the top flight over one that has been there for years.  I doubt money is really that big an incentive, unless the team are being stupidly bankrolled.  Is there a large Romanian population in Italy?

"First team football," i guess, to ensure he keeps getting selected by Romania in WC qualifying and eventually Brazil.  No idea what their striking options look like at Sassuolo but here he'd be at least behind Hugo and potentially also behind Trotta. Even though for a premier league team we are clearly light on striking options, it may be better for his selection chances.

Also the romance of 94 years building up to this promotion has got to be some of the appeal. Could be an instant legend. if its been a hundred years coming they may be cherishing it a bit more than the average club.

Maybe if they go right back down we'll approach him in another years time... With the way we have politely slow-played a number of recent signings i don't think it's out of the realm of possibility.

Putney

Mitch

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

Romelu  Lukaku - season long loan...

Huxley

JBH

Holders

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

westcliff white

Stefan Kiessling or Alexander Meier
Every day is a Fulham day

Vinnieffc

Quote from: Edwatch_Winston_Malone on July 09, 2013, 01:40:58 PM
Jordan Rhodes

Or maybe just Jordan (which would mean playing with 2 up front)  075.gif

Huxley

Christian Erikksen.... jol ajax connection... now then that would be amazing.. pitty that half of europe is after him..

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me