watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Your Shock Signing.

Started by valdeingruo, July 08, 2013, 07:11:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valdeingruo

As the window came to a close last season and Berbatov was photographed holding the White shirt, it came out of the blue and as a shock. Do you think we will have another signing like that this window? For me i dont have any names but i think it will be a well known midfielder, not named Parker or Huddlestone. Who is your pick?
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

tommy

Erby emmanualson would be a pleasant surprise

EJL

RidgeRider

I don't know who it will be but ever since Jol has been here he has surprised me with the quality of the players he is able to get to come to Fulham. He really has done a good job in this area, especially given the limited budget he works with.

My guess is the shock signing will be someone we haven't been linked to yet, so I have no clue. Let's hope though it is a creative midfielder.

Huddlestone would be great but not really a shock.

Junichi

As EJL stated above, Ever Banega would be great!

I think Keisuke Honda would please me the most though.

valdeingruo

Honda would be great, wouldnt say no to Atletic's De Marcos either. However Fulham do keep it quiet, the right way to do it and I will be happy to see another 2-3 players in.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

westcliff white

Anderson or wanayama

Both highly unlikely
Every day is a Fulham day

mungos beans

Crap phone sorry if I  just posted this but no to anderson he is shite

westcliff white

I understand what you say about Anderson but a lot of layers would look Terri le I a united side.

In a side where he is the main attacking midfielder I think he would do ok, van da sar was thought as argumentative and not that good initaly all those years ago, he struggled to get games even in friendlies, duff was poor a Newcastle towards the end but great for us.

We  wont sign Anderson but if we did I think he would dom
Every day is a Fulham day

Bryanthebroom

I'm not going to hold my breath, but you may be right. I think that, although it's obvious that Jol's operating on a tight budget, if a key player becomes available for a bargain price then Al Fayed may be willing to sanction the purchase of a player up to about £12 million (especially if they make commercial sense - a young wonderkid or someone who opens up an entirely new fanbase to us as Bryan has with Costa Rica).

And I'd love Anderson. He's not really made it at United but clearly a gifted player.  There are far bigger clubs than ours who would love to take a punt on him.

Rhys Lightning 63

Now that he's put in a transfer request. CHRISTIAN BENTEKE!!!
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

jarv

Benteke, YES. But, lambert will do all he can to keep him. That way, he gets to keep his job too.

St Eve

Huddlestone would be a shock. Spending all that money on a Spurs reject who has injury problems and is slow. A hell of a shock

Forever Fulham

Well, since this is all pretend and about shock signings,

1. Suarez

2. Benteke

3. Huddlestone

4. Thierry Henry

5. The Big Dane, B52

6. Remy

7. Pirlo

8. Pique

9. a quality castoff from Man City.

10. Fellaini

Walsh

If it happened tomorrow I'd be shocked if Darren Bent was holding our shirt up as that transfer has gone really quiet.

zschwartz

Wanyama: high quality player from historically poorly fifa ranked country with a relatively limited franchise market (Kenya).  Fits our trend of such purchases: Costa Rica, Philippines, Venezuela, Iran, Norway, previously Colombia and United States. Defensive midfielder who can attack with champions league experience. 22 years old. Being chased by Southampton and Cardiff... seems pretty reasonable, even the price.  To put it in terms of a gross oversimplification: bring him in on a 3yr for 11m, guarantee first team football, hope his injury record continues, put a release clause of 18m and hope to keep him for two seasons.

Given our end of season form its easy to see why the club would prefer to aim low and not make such gambles. But if we're trying to build on the Europa League Final / Dempsey-Dembele Era / Outlasting-Blackburn-and-Bolton-promotion-partners trend we're going to have to have quality all over the pitch.

An obvious 'yes' to Benteke as well, another player worth going into administration over. The loans have been converted into equity, ...how soon is too soon to acquire infinitely more? if there's a player who fits the "we've always got money for the right player" mold it's got to be wanyama or benteke...

Won't happen, but "shock signings" they would be. Banega & Honda are also acceptable............................... :54:

TWFL

Yep well most of these would never happen and at the end of the day I think we've already had it in the shape of the big Dutchman.. Stekkers is a massive, massive signing. Personally still can't believe he'll be in a Fulham top. The lad has started a World Cup final, I can't remember the last person we had who'd done that.

zschwartz

Quote from: TWFL on July 09, 2013, 06:01:40 AM
Yep well most of these would never happen and at the end of the day I think we've already had it in the shape of the big Dutchman.. Stekkers is a massive, massive signing. Personally still can't believe he'll be in a Fulham top. The lad has started a World Cup final, I can't remember the last person we had who'd done that.

this is almost certainly accurate. plus a CM for about the same price 4-5m. Perhaps one other striker in the region of the Marius Alexe(1-2), unless they also choose to join Italian relegation fodder. the rest on frees/loans.

still hopeful but that is what i expect.

Holders

Quote from: TWFL on July 09, 2013, 06:01:40 AM

George Cohen.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Holders

Quote from: zschwartz on July 09, 2013, 04:22:08 AM

Given our end of season form its easy to see why the club would prefer to aim low and not make such gambles. But if we're trying to build on the Europa League Final / Dempsey-Dembele Era / Outlasting-Blackburn-and-Bolton-promotion-partners trend we're going to have to have quality all over the pitch.

An obvious 'yes' to Benteke as well, another player worth going into administration over. The loans have been converted into equity, ...how soon is too soon to acquire infinitely more? if there's a player who fits the "we've always got money for the right player" mold it's got to be wanyama or benteke...

NO player is worth going into administration over!

Jol admits he considered Benteke but saw him as a gamble, he's indicated that he now regrets not going for him but the club is not given to gambling.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria