more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tuesday Fulham Stuff (09/07/13)...

Started by WhiteJC, July 09, 2013, 08:20:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Dan Burn: I Went To Work For Asda

Dan Burn is on a season long loan at Birmingham but it wasn't a straight forward rise to professional football for the young man. He reveals that he left a good youth team in search of first team football and ended up at sixth form and working for Asda Part time.

Burn told Birmingham Mail -

'I was 16 and I needed to get some money so I went to work at Asda for a little bit while I was at Sixth Form and then I got scouted playing an England Schoolboys team, I think it helps that I`ve done it though because it makes me never want to go back.' Dan uses his past misfortune to motivate himself in his career now.

'It`s crazy the way it has escalated, but I`m loving every minute of it. I never totally gave up on football because I always wanted to play.'Dan Scored the winning goal that sent Yeovil up in the play-off final last season!

Read more: http://www.birmingham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=324267#ixzz2YWxU22MC

WhiteJC

Away Days: Part Three

Having clocked up thousands of miles between them, we asked a number of fans to share their thoughts on all of the 19 Barclays Premier League grounds that Fulham will visit during the 2013/14 campaign. We've previewed the first half of our away trips and now for the next five...

Arsenal – Emirates Stadium (Saturday 18th January 2014)
"The Emirates is the embodiment of the modern football stadium and while I preferred Highbury's charm and history, that doesn't mean you can't enjoy what the Emirates offers in size and scale.

"Only a short journey across London, this game always sees the team supported by a packed and vocal away end which makes it a great match to go to (if you're lucky enough to get tickets!). My group of mates and I enjoy walking to the ground from Kings Cross if the weather's nice as you get to see parts of the city you wouldn't normally, with the added bonus of a few pubs along the way.

"Results at Arsenal have been steadily improving in recent seasons, and it's always a lot of fun to be amongst the 3,000-plus Fulham supporters that make the trip."

Liam Ketley

Swansea City – Liberty Stadium (Tuesday 28th January 2014)
"Whilst, for me, as a new build, the stadium does lack the character of the Cottage or a ground like Villa Park, the atmosphere is nonetheless second to none. I like grounds with wooden seats and statues – it reminds you of a club's history.

"But throughout, Swans fans never stop singing. Swansea arguably have the most passionate fans in the Barclays Premier League and when they sing in Welsh it really does make the hairs on the back of your neck stand up!

"They're an extremely welcoming bunch and their supporters always seem up for a laugh. When I went, at the end of the game, both sets of fans applauded one another. They also do great pies and Bovril, and at decent prices."

Ben Jarman

Manchester United – Old Trafford (Saturday 8th February 2014)
"The so-called Theatre of Dreams - and it was for us when we won 3-1 in October 2003 thanks to goals from Messrs Clark, Inamoto and Malbranque. It's just a shame it hasn't happened more often, although that said, we haven't played badly at all on more than one occasion.

"Old Trafford is one of those grounds that you just have to visit at least once - a wonderful stadium in aesthetics and atmosphere, and nothing less than you'd expect from a club like Manchester United.

"There's always plenty of noise from the home fans, which helps make it a formidable place to visit, and the atmosphere is helped by the stands being quite close to the pitch – which also makes you feel nearer to the action. The food and drink are decent tasting and priced too, which is always a bonus."

Billy Murphy

West Bromwich Albion – The Hawthorns (Saturday 22nd February 2014)
"The Hawthorns will be held in good memories for those hardy souls that made their way to the Midlands for the early kick-off on New Year's Day last season. But it was worth it, for the boys secured a deserved and vital 2-1 victory.

"The bleary eyed Fulham faithful were in good spirits all game, consistently drowning out the home support who were at their loudest in the eighth minute when they took the opportunity to make reference to rivals Aston Villa's 8-0 defeat at the hands of Chelsea.

"The ground itself is easily accessible – it's just a couple of hours in the car from London, with improvised car parks in close proximity to the stadium. It will cost you a fiver to leave your vehicle, but it's well worth it for the hassle that it saves."

Andrew Moore

Cardiff City – Cardiff City Stadium (Saturday 8th March 2014)
"This trip will be a first for Fulham in that we've never played at the Cardiff City Stadium which opened in July 2009. It is, though, literally a stone's throw from their old ground Ninian Park.

"It currently has a capacity of 27,000, although there are plans to increase this to 35,000. It's in the Leckwith area of the city which has good bus and train links from the city centre. The game could also see us facing Fulham old boy Mark Hudson."

Martin Goldthorpe

For the full 2013/14 fixture list click here.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2013/july/08/away-days?

WhiteJC

Schalke Ignite Interest In Fabulous Fulham Full-Back. Transfer Scouting Report

Schalke Look To Fulham Star To Shore Up Their Defence Ahead

Champions League. Transfer Scouting Report

Schalke Look To Fulham Full Back To Shore Up Defence Ahead Of Champions League Campaign

Fulham were quick to tie Sascha Riether down to a permanent transfer after he impressed during his loan spell at Craven Cottage. There was a sigh of relief when he finally did. But that relief could be short lived because, according to Sky Sports, Schalke are very keen on a deal for the versatile 30-year-old German international.

The German side can offer Champions League football, which would no doubt appeal to Riether, who will not be in Europe at all with Fulham.
A Performance Score of 949 points from 35 league appearances, a score that ranks him third at the club, makes Schalke's interest understandable on paper.

He is a right-back who isn't the most technical, but he loves contributing to his side's attacking play, either by playing long balls forward (of which he attempted just over five per game on average, completing just over 61% of them), or getting forward himself down the right flank to provide width. Jefferson Farfan, who plays advanced on the right flank, will surely appreciate that, as would the likes of Klaas Jan Huntelaar and new signing Adam Szalai — strikers who thrive on productivity in wide areas.
His great work rate yielded 23 created chances from which he earned four assists. He also found the score sheet once this season as a result of his eagerness to get forward on a counter-attack versus Sunderland. The simple tap-in he had was a just reward for his efforts.

In defence he is sturdy, often staying on his feet rather than going to ground. An 81 percent tackle success rate indicates that he knows what he's doing. Schalke conceded 50 goals this season, which was the most of any team in the top six in the Bundesliga last season. An experienced, hard-working, reliable Riether would help drive that figure down next season.
Riether may not be spectacular, but he is efficient. His experience will no doubt prove valuable to Schalke as they try to improve on their scraped fourth-place finish this season. But Fulham could really use his experience to help better their 12th-place finish in the English Premier League, especially when one considers the poor form in which they ended the campaign.
Comparing the two clubs, though, one could understand if Schalke turned Riether's head. Even though he has just signed a permanent deal, it's possible that the former Cologne man could head back home to Germany.

http://squawka.com/news/2013/07/08/schalke-ignite-interest-in-fabulous-fulham-full-back-transfer-scouting-report/2013070812789?

WhiteJC

Ruiz targets prolific season

Fulham midfielder Bryan Ruiz is ready to be more selfish in front of goal in the new campaign.

Ruiz was a regular in the starting line-up last term, but only managed to find the net on five occasions as the Craven Cottage outfit finished 12th in the Premier League.

Ahead of the 2013-14 season the Costa Rican is now looking to improve his goalscoring exploits, and he is keen to help push Martin Jol's men higher up the table.

"I felt really good this season. After the period of injuries I had at the beginning of the season, I played many games, I run a lot and create a lot for the team," he told the club's official website.

"My goal for next season will be to score more goals, that's something I would like to do because I think did good. I felt good, I created a lot but I now have to score more. The coaches want that, the supporters want that and I want that.

"I will continue with my game because I am happy with that and most of the people (are) happy with that also. The only thing is to score some more goals. I'm going to be a bit more selfish next season, but will still be a team player.

"We always want to be in the top 10. Next season for sure we want to be there - to try and be as high as we can and try to play good football."

http://uk.soccerway.com/news/2013/July/08/ruiz-targets-prolific-season/?

WhiteJC

Fulham forward Ruiz targets prolific season

The 27-year-old, who moved to Craven Cottage in 2011, only struck five times in the Premier League last season and admits he needs to score more goals in the 2013-14 campaign

Fulham midfielder Bryan Ruiz is ready to be more "selfish" in front of goal in the new campaign as he looks to add more goals to his game.

Ruiz was a regular in the starting line-up last term, but only managed to find the net on five occasions as the Craven Cottage outfit finished 12th in the Premier League.

Ahead of the 2013-14 season, the Costa Rica international is now looking to improve his goalscoring exploits, and he is keen to help push Martin Jol's men higher up the table.

"I felt really good this season. After the period of injuries I had at the beginning of the season, I played many games, I run a lot and create a lot for the team," he told the club's official website.

"My goal for next season will be to score more goals, that's something I would like to do because I think did good. I felt good, I created a lot but I now have to score more. The coaches want that, the supporters want that and I want that.

"I will continue with my game because I am happy with that and most of the people (are) happy with that also. The only thing is to score some more goals. I'm going to be a bit more selfish next season, but will still be a team player.

"We always want to be in the top 10. Next season for sure we want to be there - to try and be as high as we can and try to play good football."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2013/07/08/4102927/-?

WhiteJC

Would Austin Have Been a Good Target?

If a striker is a priority and one who wouldn`t break the bank as well, have we missed out on a gem?

Down in the Championship, Charlie Austin has shown that he is a prolific striker and a player that could, possibly, repeat his goal-scoring feats at a higher level.

At twenty-four years of age, Austin is still young enough for his game to be developed and he could have proven to be a valuable asset to our squad.

Unfortunately, it appears that Steve Bruce has been thinking along the same lines and the Hull City manager has decided to snap p the Burnley player with Austin set to sign a deal inside the next day or so once he has successfully passed a medical.

It`ll be interesting to see how Austin does in what many perceive as the toughest league in the world and a league where time on the ball is minimal.

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=324297#ixzz2YWzNGiej

WhiteJC

Bent Price Now Lower!

We`ve mentioned it previously that Darren Bent could be a suitable acquisition, as long as the price was right.

Well now it seems that the reported £8 million Aston Villa were requesting for the out-of-favour striker has now dropped to a cool £5 million, most definitely a bargain.

However, as you would expect, there are now other Premier League clubs showing an interest, most notably, Newcastle United and Hull City.

Furthermore, it is reported that Newcastle are in poll position to land the striker, but, as we`ve jested before..............you just never know!

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=324298#ixzz2YWzZl0CR

WhiteJC

Enoh on Permanent Deal?

Back in the days of the January transfer window, it appeared that Fulham acquired a host of loan signings.

Amongst those that arrived was Eyong Enoh

After taking time to acclimatize and settle into the rhythm of life at a new club an din a difficult league, Enoh produced some decent appearances.

Well it appears that Martin Jol would like to have the player on the books full time although there appears to be a problem with the fee.

Fulham are asking Ajax Amsterdam to slash the £2 million asking price in order that a deal can be struck.

Will it happen, we can but wait and see!

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=324300#ixzz2YWzlN66w

WhiteJC

American Starlet Wanted

Invited for a trial at our club, a fifteen year-old American has made quite an impression.

Danny Babir, six feet three inch striker, has impressed so much that Fulham want him to join their Academy.

Apparently, Babir 'dazzled` at the trial he was invited to but Fulham face opposition to get his signature with the Spanish side Malaga keen to acquire the talented American.

We`ll have to see what way this one goes won`t we!

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=324301#ixzz2YWzv0uji

WhiteJC

Fulham Faithful

As we revealed last week, this season we've packaged our Membership as The Fulham Faithful.

From 3pm on Tuesday 9th July, supporters will be able to purchase their very own Faithful Membership, with a range of specific packages available for our Junior Members and Adult Members.

By showing your faith in the Whites this season through signing up as a Member, you will gain access to a range of exclusive and exciting offers and benefits.

For 2013/14, exclusive Junior Membership benefits can be enjoyed by those aged between 0-10 years, and those between 11-15 years. Adult supporters will also get to choose from a simple ticket priority option or a package with greater benefits. What's more, the options for all of our international supporters have been simplified.

There's never been a better time to belong to Fulham!

More information regarding full package details and prices will be available from Tuesday, so be sure to visit fulhamfc.com for more information!

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2013/july/08/fulham-faithful?

WhiteJC

Romanian International Snubs Fulham Move

Alexe opts to join Serie A newcomers.

Romanian international striker Marius Alexe has turned his back on the apparent interest shown in him by Fulham in order to join up with Italian minnows Sassuolo, according to talkSPORT.

The 23-year-old had been in fine form last season for Dynamo Bucharest by bagging 17 goals in 36 appearances, which had caught the eye of Martin Jol who had reportedly been keen to wrap up a deal to bring him to Craven Cottage this summer.

Jol had also been impressed with the player's versatility as he can operate both up front and out wide on the left side of midfield. His pace, dribbling, elegance on the ball and finishing ability have led to him being compared to Thierry Henry and he is also in high numbers when it comes to assists.

However, after four years in the Hungarian capital the seven cap Romanian international has opted to move to Italy with Serie A new boys Sassuolo set to wrap up his signature later this week.

The small Emilian club surprised everyone by clinching the Serie B title last season and will make their top flight debut next month for the first time in their 91-year history.

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2013/07/08/romanian-international-snubs-fulham-move/?

WhiteJC

Fulham Boss Fears Missing Out On Cameroonian Midfielder

Fulham boss Martin Jol fears being priced out of a move for  Cameroonian and Ajax midfielder Eyong Enoh.

Enoh, 27, caught the eye of the Dutch manager during a loan spell at Craven Cottage last season and Jol is looking to bring him back on a full-time basis – if the £2m asking price is reduced.

Jol said: "We have an option to sign Eyong permanently. but we have to make a decision now."

Fulham need to bolster their midfield after Chris Baird, Simon Davies, Mahamadou Diarra and Giorgios Karagounis were all shown the door.

http://www.afrikansoccer.com/2013/07/fulham-boss-fears-missing-out-on-cameroonian-midfielder/?

WhiteJC

Fulham Deal For Wolves Winger Bakary Sako In Trouble As Clubs Stall Over Fee

Craven Cottage side told to increase bid for Molineux attacker.

Fulham will have to up their current offer if they wish to agree a fee for Wolves winger Bakary Sako, as manager Kenny Jackett prepares for life without the Frenchman, report the Express and Star.

Wolves are holding out for a £4million transfer fee for the former Saint-Etienne star, while Fulham are reluctant to offer in excess of £3million to get their guy, which has opened the door for outside clubs to make their interest formal, with West Ham prepared to rival Fulham for the Wolves man.

Fulham have been chasing Sako for some time, but are unwilling to budge on their £3million offer for the attacker, allowing West Ham to register their interest in the player, and are prepared to go above Fulham's £3million offer.

Following the exits of both Stephen Hunt and Adam Hammill, Jackett is running low on left-sided options in his squad.

"There isn't another naturally left-sided player here –he's probably the only senior player in that position, with the exception of Stephen Ward, who isn't in my plans," said Jackett.

Wolves are believed to be keen on Newcastle's left-sided player Shane Ferguson, 21, on loan or on a permanent deal as a potential replacement for Plyer of the Year Bakary Sako, if he were to leave for the Premier League.

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2013/07/09/fulham-deal-for-wolves-winger-bakary-sako-in-trouble-as-clubs-stall-over-fee/?

WhiteJC

Fulham boss Martin Jol demands squad overhaul

MARTIN JOL wants "five or six more" summer signings as part of his Fulham shake-up.

Aston Villa's Darren Bent is top of his wanted list.

Tottenham midfielder Tom Huddlestone, Wolves winger Bakary Sako and Ajax's Eyong Enoh are also on the radar.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/413454/Fulham-boss-Martin-Jol-demands-squad-overhaul

WhiteJC

Fulham open talks with Evian to sign Ghana midfielder Rabiu Mohammed

English club Fulham are in talks with Evian Thonon Gaillard to sign Ghana midfielder Rabiu Mohammed.

The 23-year-old has impressed at the turn of the year especially while with the Ghana national team at the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations.

Rabiu's incredible work ethic has alerted clubs of his immense potential and Fulham are the latest club to be linked with the former Udinese player.

The English club are looking to make an offer in the region of 3m Euros to join the Ghanaian with already signed compatriot Derek Boateng at Craven Cottage.

Portuguese giants Benfica are also reportedly interested in Rabiu who could be heading into a straight fight with the English club for the 2009 U20 World Cup winner.

Marseille are also said to be interested but Rabiu could be attracted by the popularity of the Premier League and will rather prefer a move to England.

http://www.ghanasoccernet.com/fulham-open-talks-with-evian-to-sign-ghana-midfielder-rabiu-mohammed/?