https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Schwarzer has joined chelsea ... o dear

Started by Sammyffc, July 09, 2013, 07:43:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on July 10, 2013, 10:14:04 AM
Quote from: Forever Fulham on July 09, 2013, 10:54:24 PM
"The fact is: Clint stopped playing for us."  It's my understanding that Clint never refused to play but rather was not allowed to play.  Further, the "hissy fit" claim is pure speculation by those prone to side with management against the player.  What hissy fit?  What public act of insubordination?   There's no evidence that Clint did anything wrong.  Liverpool, yes.  Clint, no.  But still he's tarred as responsible for 'leaving badly'.  Mark on the other hand insisted he had to be a starter, that he had to have a commitment that he would be the starting goalkeeper.  Then he goes to Chelsea as a certain backup goalkeeper.  All I'm trying to impart is that if everyone is fine with Mark leaving via lying about his need to start, then why beat up on the club's all time goals leader and then-longest active player?  It amazes me how he's vilified based on unfounded assertions/assumptions.  As to Zamora, he wore his indifference on his sleeve, for all to see.  Everything about the man was repulsive to me.  So maybe pot is calling the kettle black.  In any event, done is done, and we may have a better goalkeeper now, but we still don't have a true distributor who can possess his way up the field (Diarra will get reinjured), nor a disruptive finisher with a great work rate up top.  We are still two players away from real improvement.  That's my real issue, not Dempsey.  I'm just ticked off at all of the Mark love. 

Please re-read your posts. They are all about Dempsey.

Dempsey said he wanted to play in the Champions League. He moved to Spurs. He did not play in the Champions League last season. He will not be playing in the Champions League next season.

So, presumably, Dempsey is a liar as well.
of course dempsey is a liar, his initial crap was to move to liverpool for champs league football, who have even less chance than spurs of qualifying for the champs league. but enough of that, i lost a lot of love for schwarzer when he kept spouting off about arsenal. but to me i dont care that he has gone to chelsea because he is well past it.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: Forever Fulham on July 09, 2013, 10:54:24 PM
"The fact is: Clint stopped playing for us."  It's my understanding that Clint never refused to play but rather was not allowed to play.  Further, the "hissy fit" claim is pure speculation by those prone to side with management against the player.  What hissy fit?  What public act of insubordination?   There's no evidence that Clint did anything wrong.  Liverpool, yes.  Clint, no.  But still he's tarred as responsible for 'leaving badly'.  Mark on the other hand insisted he had to be a starter, that he had to have a commitment that he would be the starting goalkeeper.  Then he goes to Chelsea as a certain backup goalkeeper.  All I'm trying to impart is that if everyone is fine with Mark leaving via lying about his need to start, then why beat up on the club's all time goals leader and then-longest active player?  It amazes me how he's vilified based on unfounded assertions/assumptions.  As to Zamora, he wore his indifference on his sleeve, for all to see.  Everything about the man was repulsive to me.  So maybe pot is calling the kettle black.  In any event, done is done, and we may have a better goalkeeper now, but we still don't have a true distributor who can possess his way up the field (Diarra will get reinjured), nor a disruptive finisher with a great work rate up top.  We are still two players away from real improvement.  That's my real issue, not Dempsey.  I'm just ticked off at all of the Mark love. 

I am not sure that we have evidence that Schwarzer insisted on starting, rather that he just said he wanted to play every week.

Fulham have bought Stekelenburg as part of their long term plans so the likelihood of Schwarzer playing regularly at Fulham was low. Schwarzer was at the end of his contract so the obvious thing for him to do was find another club. It seems quite likely that no club of high enough status had a vacancy for first choice goalkeeper so that second choice at a local Champions League club was a good option for him.

rusty shackleford

I really dont give a poo that he joined Chelsea. One of out better PL era players and a seemingly nice guy to boot. He was only gonna be no. 2 here anyway. Most players would rather warm chelseas bench than ours.

How many games did they play last season? 70 something? He's gonna get more football there than he would have here.

Jack Fulham

Seems like a good move for Schwarzer. Wish him all the best. Hope he plays in the world cup.

Forever Fulham

I don't believe Clint ever refused to play.  I believe he was not permitted to play when it erroneously appeared that he or his agent were in discussions with Liverpool.  We'll just have to disagree on that one.  I could go back and check the press, but didn't Jol retrench on the 'refusal to play' assertion?  As to the claim of Clint disparaging the club in Twitter messaging, you must be referring to something specific.  If so, please paste it for all to see.  If you're right, I'll be the first to say so.     I don't believe Clint ever issued a disparaging Twitter message about the club, the owner, or any teammates.   Now the latest claim is that Clint was a liar for having ended up at a club which wasn't then in the Champions League.  How do you type that with a straight face?  He made clear his ambition to play on a team likely to make CL.   You are aware of how close Spurs came to CL last season.  It came down to the last game of the season.  Clint's not perfect, and I'm not a blind fan.   But he deserves better than the distortions and misrepresentations still being put out there. 

Quote from: Forever Fulham on July 10, 2013, 07:28:50 PM
I don't believe Clint ever refused to play.  I believe he was not permitted to play when it erroneously appeared that he or his agent were in discussions with Liverpool.  We'll just have to disagree on that one.  I could go back and check the press, but didn't Jol retrench on the 'refusal to play' assertion?  As to the claim of Clint disparaging the club in Twitter messaging, you must be referring to something specific.  If so, please paste it for all to see.  If you're right, I'll be the first to say so.     I don't believe Clint ever issued a disparaging Twitter message about the club, the owner, or any teammates.   Now the latest claim is that Clint was a liar for having ended up at a club which wasn't then in the Champions League.  How do you type that with a straight face?  He made clear his ambition to play on a team likely to make CL.   You are aware of how close Spurs came to CL last season.  It came down to the last game of the season.  Clint's not perfect, and I'm not a blind fan.   But he deserves better than the distortions and misrepresentations still being put out there.  

You were very strong in calling Schwarzer a liar because of his move to Chelsea conflicting with the claim that he wanted first team football. It would seem that Schwarzer at least has a chance of regular games this season, possibly even some in the Champions League, whereas Dempsey has none of playing in the Champions League unless he moves.

I wasn't keeping a straight face. I was rolling my eyes at your obsession and inconsistency. Next time I will try to remember to add a smiley to help you understand.

Yellow Jacket

I don't believe Clint ever refused to play.  I believe he was not permitted to play when it erroneously appeared that he or his agent were in discussions with Liverpool.  We'll just have to disagree on that one.  I could go back and check the press, but didn't Jol retrench on the 'refusal to play' assertion?  As to the claim of Clint disparaging the club in Twitter messaging, you must be referring to something specific.  If so, please paste it for all to see.  If you're right, I'll be the first to say so.     I don't believe Clint ever issued a disparaging Twitter message about the club, the owner, or any teammates.   Now the latest claim is that Clint was a liar for having ended up at a club which wasn't then in the Champions League.  How do you type that with a straight face?  He made clear his ambition to play on a team likely to make CL.   You are aware of how close Spurs came to CL last season.  It came down to the last game of the season.  Clint's not perfect, and I'm not a blind fan.   But he deserves better than the distortions and misrepresentations still being put out there. 
How about you just give it a rest. The faithful will always be butthurt about Dempsey by and in large. Dempsey is still playing at a high level and not giving two craps about Fulham and can still hurt teams. Schwarzer is an old timer who gets to sit on his arse and make one last good payday before having to check out of the game.

Dempsey doesn't care Fulham fans think as they are irrelevant and his transfer to Spurs showed that. I don't believe he did any of that either. I think Jol got his knickers in a twist but what can you do. Supporters will usually always believe the club. I meant no disrespect but you're trying to get people on Dempsey's side. When they are irrelevant and Dempsey himself doesn't care. He's getting paid more and playing the best that he has ever had before.

NogoodBoyo

Good lord, is this Dempsey rubbish still floating around?  Think I'll go back to work again.  Far more exciting.
As for Schwartzer, our transfer moves made it clear we didn't want him except as a backup.  He was obviously not going to get many games.  He's close to drawing a pension.  Who cares where he sits and earns a few bob for a year or two.
Nogood "back to sleep now, itis" Boyo

Quote from: Yellow Jacket on July 10, 2013, 10:29:46 PM
I don't believe Clint ever refused to play.  I believe he was not permitted to play when it erroneously appeared that he or his agent were in discussions with Liverpool.  We'll just have to disagree on that one.  I could go back and check the press, but didn't Jol retrench on the 'refusal to play' assertion?  As to the claim of Clint disparaging the club in Twitter messaging, you must be referring to something specific.  If so, please paste it for all to see.  If you're right, I'll be the first to say so.     I don't believe Clint ever issued a disparaging Twitter message about the club, the owner, or any teammates.   Now the latest claim is that Clint was a liar for having ended up at a club which wasn't then in the Champions League.  How do you type that with a straight face?  He made clear his ambition to play on a team likely to make CL.   You are aware of how close Spurs came to CL last season.  It came down to the last game of the season.  Clint's not perfect, and I'm not a blind fan.   But he deserves better than the distortions and misrepresentations still being put out there.  
How about you just give it a rest. The faithful will always be butthurt about Dempsey by and in large. Dempsey is still playing at a high level and not giving two craps about Fulham and can still hurt teams. Schwarzer is an old timer who gets to sit on his arse and make one last good payday before having to check out of the game.

Dempsey doesn't care Fulham fans think as they are irrelevant and his transfer to Spurs showed that. I don't believe he did any of that either. I think Jol got his knickers in a twist but what can you do. Supporters will usually always believe the club. I meant no disrespect but you're trying to get people on Dempsey's side. When they are irrelevant and Dempsey himself doesn't care. He's getting paid more and playing the best that he has ever had before.

What evidence can you offer for Jol getting his knickers in a twist? Or was it MAF's fault? Or Liverpool's. Or some lizard aliens who rule the world? Or . . .

And why shouldn't the supporters believe the club? The club seem to be consistent and accurate in this and other matters.

Your point seems to also work the other way: fans of Dempsey will always believe Dempsey.

Dempsey is just another player who has passed through, like Bullard who was not American and also got abuse.

Let's move on please.

Forever Fulham

My apologies for going off on the Schwartzer news.  I perceived an hypocrisy that on balance wasn't merited.  I beg everyone's forgiveness.  Yellow Jacket's advice hit a nerve.   

Yellow Jacket

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on July 10, 2013, 11:07:50 PM

What evidence can you offer for Jol getting his knickers in a twist? Or was it MAF's fault? Or Liverpool's. Or some lizard aliens who rule the world? Or . . .

And why shouldn't the supporters believe the club? The club seem to be consistent and accurate in this and other matters.

Your point seems to also work the other way: fans of Dempsey will always believe Dempsey.

Dempsey is just another player who has passed through, like Bullard who was not American and also got abuse.

Let's move on please.
If someone says one thing off the cuff then backtracks then I would find the person guilty of getting their knickers in a twist. The evidence is there. I'm not going to spoon-feed it to you because you don't even deserve that. Just because you don't believe something doesn't automatically make it not true.

I don't just believe the club. I believe what I can formulate based on what is out there. I'm not going to believe the club just because you think they are consistent. They don't deserve my trust as they are an organization just like any other. Money is involved and money is what is at stake. Anything goes when it comes to the bottom line.

Do you know how many fcuks I give about supporters believing the club? Zero. I especially don't care about your opinion. Your posting record speaks volumes. You formulated your opinion and I did the same.

Fans of Dempsey will always believe Dempsey? You live under a rock don't you? He was hammered by so many USMNT fans after Jol's initial outburst reacted like it was an apocalypse. "Clint, how could you?" "Why are you setting a bad example?" "Clint, you have really made a fool out of yourself." and so on. They flew off the handle. Dempsey is just another player so I don't feel the need to demonize him. This is sports. Why you guys are expecting saints is beyond me. Define abuse. Yeah, Bullard really was hung, drawn and quartered wasn't he?

You're right about on thing for once. It's time to move and it has been time to move on. Hence, I encouraged Forever Fulham to stop. I didn't know my post was requesting a reply. I assume that because you felt the need to respond. You haven't moved on yourself.  

Quote from: Forever Fulham on July 11, 2013, 01:51:15 AM
My apologies for going off on the Schwartzer news.  I perceived an hypocrisy that on balance wasn't merited.  I beg everyone's forgiveness.  Yellow Jacket's advice hit a nerve.    
You're alright in my book. No one here is worthy of requesting forgiveness from them. You live and learn. Don't worry. We'll find a rebound player soon. Then we won't have to lament about the past.

Lastly, congrats to Schwarzer. He's getting one last big payday before calling it a career. Good on him.

Quote from: Yellow Jacket on July 11, 2013, 06:16:51 AM

Let's move on please.
If someone says one thing off the cuff then backtracks then I would find the person guilty of getting their knickers in a twist. The evidence is there. I'm not going to spoon-feed it to you because you don't even deserve that. Just because you don't believe something doesn't automatically make it not true.

I don't just believe the club. I believe what I can formulate based on what is out there. I'm not going to believe the club just because you think they are consistent. They don't deserve my trust as they are an organization just like any other. Money is involved and money is what is at stake. Anything goes when it comes to the bottom line.

Do you know how many fcuks I give about supporters believing the club? Zero. I especially don't care about your opinion. Your posting record speaks volumes. You formulated your opinion and I did the same.

Fans of Dempsey will always believe Dempsey? You live under a rock don't you? He was hammered by so many USMNT fans after Jol's initial outburst reacted like it was an apocalypse. "Clint, how could you?" "Why are you setting a bad example?" "Clint, you have really made a fool out of yourself." and so on. They flew off the handle. Dempsey is just another player so I don't feel the need to demonize him. This is sports. Why you guys are expecting saints is beyond me. Define abuse. Yeah, Bullard really was hung, drawn and quartered wasn't he?

You're right about on thing for once. It's time to move and it has been time to move on. Hence, I encouraged Forever Fulham to stop. I didn't know my post was requesting a reply. I assume that because you felt the need to respond. You haven't moved on yourself.  

My apologies for going off on the Schwartzer news.  I perceived an hypocrisy that on balance wasn't merited.  I beg everyone's forgiveness.  Yellow Jacket's advice hit a nerve.    
You're alright in my book. No one here is worthy of requesting forgiveness from them. You live and learn. Don't worry. We'll find a rebound player soon. Then we won't have to lament about the past.

Lastly, congrats to Schwarzer. He's getting one last big payday before calling it a career. Good on him.

Someone seems to be getting their knickers in a twist. Should we believe you?

Yellow Jacket

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on July 11, 2013, 09:29:19 AM
Quote from: Yellow Jacket on July 11, 2013, 06:16:51 AM

Let's move on please.

My apologies for going off on the Schwartzer news.  I perceived an hypocrisy that on balance wasn't merited.  I beg everyone's forgiveness.  Yellow Jacket's advice hit a nerve.   

Someone seems to be getting their knickers in a twist. Should we believe you?
Nah, I'm the last one whose knickers are in a twist. Perhaps, you're being sensitive. I'm not the one saying nonsense and then backtracking. I don't care if you believe me or not. The info is out there. Go look for it yourself. No need to post links about something so long ago now.